Matthijs de Ligt (26 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I remember us complaining that forwards were scoring very few goals, pre Tevez.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
People forget in 2011-2012, our top goal scorers were, in order:

1. Marchisio (MF) - 10
Vucinic (FW)
Matri (FW)
4. Vidal (MF) - 7 <- our leading scorer in 2012-2013
5. Pepe (MF) - 6

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
People forget in 2011-2012, our top goal scorers were, in order:

1. Marchisio (MF) - 10
Vucinic (FW)
Matri (FW)
4. Vidal (MF) - 7 <- our leading scorer in 2012-2013
5. Pepe (MF) - 6
I know. Now we have a paradigm shift. Our 2 strikers are scoring the most of our goals.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Van Basten: “I haven't seen a better De Ligt than at Ajax. At clubs like Real Madrid, Barça, or at City under Guardiola, I think he would learn a lot more. The league in Italy is so much worse than in those countries. They just won the league for the 9th time in a row.” [ziggo]

Hahah , grande Paratici made them cry , they still salty cause he chose Juve over Barca .

And it's not like De Jong or Hazard had great success.

De Ligt > De Jong , Hazard . On their 1st season .

Jan 22, 2016
Them salty Barca fans still can't get over the fact we stole the Del Ligt right under their nose.

I'm sure He will stay here for years. He is already one of the leaders of the team. It's just going to be amazing to see both him and Demiral in our shirt. They are gonna dominate the football even more than our last guards.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
having raiola as his agent automatically means that he'll leave at some point, and that's what players do anyway. let's just enjoy until he's here.

van basten and the other salty barca/epl fans can go fuck themselves.

Apr 19, 2007
Our issues have nothing to do with coaching right? :boh: :numnum:
I didnt say that. But if you are going to point out what Sarri has done for our team you have to look at the positive and negatives. He has made individual players look a lot better. Thats a fact.
He has made our passing a lot better
Our defense is shit
our midfield isnt great at the final pass and is slow in ball movement..
Saying that he has hurt Dybala is a joke. Not pointing out that Ronaldo has been closer to goal and we arent just sending balls onto his head is an attacking gameplan actually.
The fact that individual brilliance has been shown this year is pointing out that hes doing something correct.

Anyone can find a few stats to make a point but you have to look at the whole picture. Saying Dybala is a failure due to Sarri is laughable

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #2,613
    having raiola as his agent automatically means that he'll leave at some point, and that's what players do anyway. let's just enjoy until he's here.

Nedved didn't leave. Raiola only moves his players if they themselves want to leave or want a better contract

Of course MDL could still want to leave

Jan 22, 2016

It's not gonna be easy for any club in the world to buy him.his clause is 150m right now and it goes up 15m each year passing. they have to pay around 200m to get him aside from his top wage. so it's almost unlikely someone have enough balls to spend that much on a defender.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015
    I didnt say that. But if you are going to point out what Sarri has done for our team you have to look at the positive and negatives. He has made individual players look a lot better. Thats a fact.
    He has made our passing a lot better
    our midfield isnt great at the final pass and is slow in ball movement..
    Saying that he has hurt Dybala is a joke. Not pointing out that Ronaldo has been closer to goal and we arent just sending balls onto his head is an attacking gameplan actually.
    The fact that individual brilliance has been shown this year is pointing out that hes doing something correct.
    Everything other than your last sentence in that post and the fact our defence has been indeed poor (which i edited out when i quoted so we see a picture of your main point in that post) all of it is a bunch of total bullcrap and i'd like to discuss it because i'm really unsure of what games are you really watching buddy? Other than Dybala and Ronaldo having a better understanding and playing closer to eachother at times there's nothing out of the ordinary that has happened, and nonetheless the fact itself that they are almost 2 full years of playing together already must have something to do with how they get along too without a doubt.

Our passing is 'a lot better' but our midfield is still shit at the final pass and we keep playing with slow ball movement!? How does that work exactly...

Individual brilliance has shown this year so that's a sign of Sarri doing something correct? So you are saying in previous seasons we didn't rely on individual brilliance? Yeah, perhaps not as much or as dependent as we are now , but how is that a positive? Ronaldo scoring 10+ goals from PK's or Bonucci gifting opposition PK's and dangerous counters also counts as individuals looking a lot better?

I'll stop here as i think you got my point, if you still didn't get it, well... i wouldn't be one bit surprised.

Apr 19, 2007
    Everything other than your last sentence in that post and the fact our defence has been indeed poor (which i edited out when i quoted so we see a picture of your main point in that post) all of it is a bunch of total bullcrap and i'd like to discuss it because i'm really unsure of what games are you really watching buddy? Other than Dybala and Ronaldo having a better understanding and playing closer to eachother at times there's nothing out of the ordinary that has happened, and nonetheless the fact itself that they are almost 2 full years of playing together already must have something to do with how they get along too without a doubt.

Our passing is 'a lot better' but our midfield is still shit at the final pass and we keep playing with slow ball movement!? How does that work exactly...

Individual brilliance has shown this year so that's a sign of Sarri doing something correct? So you are saying in previous seasons we didn't rely on individual brilliance? Yeah, perhaps not as much or as dependent as we are now , but how is that a positive? Ronaldo scoring 10+ goals from PK's or Bonucci gifting opposition PK's and dangerous counters also counts as individuals looking a lot better?

I'll stop here as i think you got my point, if you still didn't get it, well... i wouldn't be one bit surprised.
    Lets go over one key point first. Im not a huge Sarri fan. I think he messed a lot of things up. There are many things we have become worse at. But refusing to give him any credit for good things is simply stupid. So lets break some shit down.

Ronaldo/ Dybala- Ronaldo has been getting many touches around the box this season and is scoring significantly more . Part of that is getting use to the league but more importantly Sarri has been instructing both him and Dybala to staycloser to eachother and to goal. Thats has been clear as Sarri has mentioned it several times. Yes that is coaching that made them not be wide or in the midfield like last season.

As far as our possesion and passing. Yes it has gotten better IMO
    We are up in possesion,shots pg, shots on target pg, dribbles pg etc. We arent very good at penetrating passes which i stated earlier.

Defense is much worse- Chiellini being out hurts bad but mainly our inabilty to press is worisome. We lack the ability to maintain ahigh pressure throughout the game and we get into really bad situation. Complete Sarri issue.

Do you remember how bad our passing was last season? We were insanely slow on the ball and it was at a snails pace the whole game.

We have scored more goals as well while giving up more goals.

Blaming everything on Sarri is just stupid and defies every stat.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
    Apr 7, 2018
    Van Basten: “I haven't seen a better De Ligt than at Ajax. At clubs like Real Madrid, Barça, or at City under Guardiola, I think he would learn a lot more. The league in Italy is so much worse than in those countries. They just won the league for the 9th time in a row.” [ziggo]

Hahah , grande Paratici made them cry , they still salty cause he chose Juve over Barca .

And it's not like De Jong or Hazard had great success.

De Ligt > De Jong , Hazard . On their 1st season .
    When will this neo-nazi crawl back into his hole and stop commenting on other people’s business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 16, 2020
    Van Basten said: De Ligt got unlucky with the injury of Chiellini. Imo he’d learn more with Chiellini next to him instead of Bonucci. Chiellini is more a team player than Bonucci, and he’s more able to organize the defense really well. Bonucci doesnt do that. Bonucci defends his own zone, but doesn’t help out a lot. Right now De Ligt is expected do organize the defense on his own. I’ve seen Juventus making a lot of mistakes defensively and even De Ligt has his debt in it. The Serie A nowadays is less strong than in the 90’s and 00’s, because of that he’d learn more if he’d play in a stronger competition, at teams as Barca, Real Madrid or City. At this moment I don’t see a stronger De Ligt than last year (he said this after the interviewer mentioned that De Ligt nowadays wins penalties and fakes injuries, and he claimed that he didn’t do that at Ajax. Note: it’s a compliment, as Chiellini, Bonucci etc al use those smart ‘tricks’ to give a striker a yellow card, win a free kick etc).

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015
    Lets go over one key point first. Im not a huge Sarri fan. I think he messed a lot of things up. There are many things we have become worse at. But refusing to give him any credit for good things is simply stupid. So lets break some shit down.

Ronaldo/ Dybala- Ronaldo has been getting many touches around the box this season and is scoring significantly more . Part of that is getting use to the league but more importantly Sarri has been instructing both him and Dybala to staycloser to eachother and to goal. Thats has been clear as Sarri has mentioned it several times. Yes that is coaching that made them not be wide or in the midfield like last season.

As far as our possesion and passing. Yes it has gotten better IMO
    We are up in possesion,shots pg, shots on target pg, dribbles pg etc. We arent very good at penetrating passes which i stated earlier.

Defense is much worse- Chiellini being out hurts bad but mainly our inabilty to press is worisome. We lack the ability to maintain ahigh pressure throughout the game and we get into really bad situation. Complete Sarri issue.

Do you remember how bad our passing was last season? We were insanely slow on the ball and it was at a snails pace the whole game.

We have scored more goals as well while giving up more goals.

Blaming everything on Sarri is just stupid and defies every stat.

It's not about blaming everything on Sarri but more like you seeing and finding something to praise Sarri for even when it's not that clear for everyone to see as you state. And yes, i do remember our passing last season, and it wasn't much different to what we see now, but you know whats the difference? The previous coach couldn't give a rats ass on that aimless passing/possesion football but rather on how to finish off moves while the one who is now in charge is supposedly focusing specifically on that and still with little to no improvement in that aspect at all after almost a full season in charge.

We aren't better in our general play compared to last season other than sometimes frustrating opponents with our repetitive sideway passes for the sake of possesion with no penetration, then also allowing more goals and gifting clear chances to the opposition isn't that much of an improvement either. All this while we've had an upgraded team with Ramsey , Rabiot , De Ligt , Demiral , Buffon , Higuain arriving, then we also have a CR7 who's now adapted + an injury free Cuadrado and one of our most promising CM's Bentancur in the last few years maturing even further, continuing the same path he was on since the last season.

Yeah, we can talk as much as you want about Dybala and CR7, nevermind majority of their goals didn't come from their partnership/combinations directly but just to follow your logic i'd say is just as much their own merit as it is Sarri's , it's not like there were plenty of other options to try and fit them together seeing as keeping them as LW - RW last season didn't quite work well for Dybala, we can debate it for as long as you'd like but having them play closer to eachother isn't exactly something that no other top coach wouldn't have tried or thought of. Frankly , you can dig for stats and praise Sarri all you want because i'm genuinly not trying to bash him with what i'm saying here, i'm just pointing out the obvious which is that we've stagnated this year(while some could even argue we've went backwards) and that i'd rather reserve my praise for when he is really worthy of it, which clearly now he isn't. The way we will present ourself in CL will tell us a lot about how this season has been going, right now the feeling is that it can go either way even with Lyon which we'll be playing at our own turf so idk what is really your point, but mine is rather clear, we need to improve and not fool ourselfs, did our standards really get so low? because i honestly don't believe so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)