Matthijs de Ligt (32 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It’s good that he’s not listening to criticism from the media or fans. He should only listen to Sarri, his other coaches, and his teammates. If this form is his base and he build from here, he will do very well.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
He is 20 yo CB who is starting for one of the best teams in the world... Getting him at early age, leaves us with more time to 'mould' him. He gets to learn ropes, tactics, language, improve his positioning and awareness, etc... He is undoubtedly very talented player and this could and prolly will pay off over the next several years. Right now yes we overpaid, but we are looking long term.
Good post!

Agree. The reason that has held Juve or Italian football back is the lack of giving youth chances to shine.

Juve is now leading the trend and has put their faith in grooming a talent. Sure there will be mistakes. But over time, the faith will be paid off.

Honestly, we are a club in position to train talents like him because we can afford his mistakes.

Any low life here who thinks that he should be benched because our strikers can’t score enough to cover his ‘mistakes’ should just go support an outdated club like inter who has granddad Godin as their CB!

Oct 11, 2019
Yeah, I absolutely refuse to give up on a 20 year old kid who plays CB for one of the top teams in the world. If Sarri felt that Demiral or Twinkie Boy were better options, he would be playing them.
I dont think in this position only Sarri decided who plays. I think allso the gentleman's above him. Based on all his games he . doesnt deserves to be a first 11 player. Allso if it whass a another player so I am not hating him or watts so ever

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I dont think in this position only Sarri decided who plays. I think allso the gentleman's above him. Based on all his games he . doesnt deserves to be a first 11 player. Allso if it whass a another player so I am not hating him or watts so ever
We are yet to lose a game with De Ligt starting. What’s the point of benching him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)