Matthijs de Ligt (18 Viewers)

Oct 23, 2011
Are we supposed to just forget that Bono has been dog shit for a good 2 years now or so including last year? while De ligt just came of a amazing season, thats the reason we signed him because chiellini kept getting injured and bono was found out for he shit he is when he wasnt around. Yea he had a good game yesertday whoppie lets build a statue out side the stadium for him.
Both of their past seasons are irrelevant at this point. Today's form counts. Yesterday Bonucci proved to be in good form, so his starting eleven spot was warranted, whether you like it or not. De Ligt is talented and clever enough to be a little bit patient than the average tuzzer and grab his chance when given to him. From that moment on he will be a full-time starter no doubt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's as if we're talking about a rookie. If we weren't convinced by his quality, we wouldn't have bought him for 75 millions. The problem here is that you're not putting in the necessary conditions to avoid the risk of the move becoming a failed one.

Imagine the outrage if we did it with Ronaldo. He'd have had a harder time settling in than he had. We gave him trust and in the end it paid off.

Bonucci doesn't have to fight for his spot since it's litterally handed to him.
De Ligt is potentially one of the top CBs. Ronaldo is the best football player in the world. The difference.

Either way he needs to fight for his place in the team. These guys grew up playing infront of millions of viewers so missing few games, while he settles down and grasps our system and Italian football, shouldnt affect his confidence. If it does, hes mentally weak and we made horrific blunder. Which I doubt.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Confidence?
Matthias has that, twice as all of the worlds Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson fan boys. Combined, yes.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Some of you sound like you have started watching Juve a few weeks ago.
Like we haven't seen the extreme sacrifices this club had made for Bonucci.
He will be a starter no matter what...
De Ligt will compete with Demiral for the Chiellini place and the one who comes in second place will be sold...

Last edited:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Only juventus break the bank on a player and dont start him or sign better midfielders and leave them on the bench You dont see barce leaving de jong on the bench for example "to ease him in". He 100 percent should be starting after napoli.
Good for barca then, that's why they got 8 in a row.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Can you give me one logical reason as to why he is the only player in the entire Juventus history with a release clause? If yes manage to convince me, I will not repeat what I said again.
Can you post link confirming release clause? And if so (if it's as high as speculated), does it make automatically for profit signing?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Can you post link confirming release clause? And if so (if it's as high as speculated), does it make automatically for profit signing?
But here you go

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/18/matthijs-de-ligt-joins-juventus-from-ajax-75m-deal

https://www.90min.com/posts/6413174...-contract-to-contain-release-clause-from-2022

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...igt-signs-juventus-contract-ahead-of-transfer

And as I said, my analysis of the buyout clause is to guarantee profit. Now can you answer my question?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

You said it like he was bought solely for making profit, as reaction to why he is benched in a thread having mini-meltdown after 1 game, how is that facetious comment like that to be taken seriously?

And its not possible to answer your questions, because I did not and still not know the release clause is official, because its not mentionned here at all: https://www.juventus.com/media/native/investor-relations-docs/english/price-sensitive-press-releases/2017-18/comunicato 18072019 deligt eng.pdf

But even if it is, the speculation is the supposed clause is for 2022, thats quite bit into the future, and it would be 150m, thats litterally double what he is purchased for. Its meaningless because even without a clause no one bids that for a CB.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You said it like he was bought solely for making profit, as reaction to why he is benched in a thread having mini-meltdown after 1 game, how is that facetious comment like that to be taken seriously?

And its not possible to answer your questions, because I did not and still not know the release clause is official, because its not mentionned here at all: https://www.juventus.com/media/native/investor-relations-docs/english/price-sensitive-press-releases/2017-18/comunicato 18072019 deligt eng.pdf

But even if it is, the speculation is the supposed clause is for 2022, thats quite bit into the future, and it would be 150m, thats litterally double what he is purchased for. Its meaningless because even without a clause no one bids that for a CB.
If you really read my posts you would know that I am not concerned that he did not play, no meltdown or anything from my side. I know he will get his fair share of playing this season and next season. Because that's when we'll sell him, after finishing his next season. And not an single team in the world would pay the buy out if he doesn't get playing time. Solely for profit? No but mainly for profit, yes I do believe that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Did you think that maybe MDL came here to make himself a better player but still want an option to leave should he want to experience a new adventure?!
I am sure the clause is something MDL asked for and not something we wanted as who wants clauses that limit you?!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Koeman warning for De Ligt
By Football Italia staff

Ronald Koeman is ‘not worried’ about Matthijs de Ligt but will consider the defender’s Netherlands place if he does not start playing for Juventus soon.
Juve splashed out an initial €75m for De Ligt, beating the likes of Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich to the former Ajax captain.
However, the 19-year-old was benched for the Old Lady’s Serie A opener against Parma and he later confessed his surprise at not starting.
“On the one hand, you think he’ll play because he cost a lot of money,” Koeman told NOS.
“But if a club have Chiellini and Bonucci in their squad, it’s only fair that the Coach can make different decisions.
“I talked to Matthijs two weeks ago. He explained to me that he still needed adapt to the way Juve play and defend.
“Everything was different at Ajax: while physicality is enough in the Netherlands, positioning is so important in Italian football.
“I’m not worried, though. Someone with his quality will play so many games and become a starter. He’s not in doubt for the national team.
“However, if he’s still on the bench by October, he could lose his rhythm. It’s something I must consider.”
The Oranje CT and former goalscoring centre-back had a similar career trajectory, leaving PSV for Barcelona in 1989.

LOLOL after ONE game :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)