Matthijs de Ligt (48 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Hell, French is about three-times as influential as Italian ever was. Half of English vocabulary is Germanic in styling and French in influence.

Fuck, dude, Greek and Latin alone are more influential on their own, as dead languages, than Italian ever was or will be.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I spoke Latin so I could go to Latin America.

- - - Updated - - -

no es virilius estes sunt

nil ilegitimi caborundum
Dude, I consider Italian the modern Latin and since Latin is the most influential language of all time, I consider Italian the most influential. Notice Im not saying most wide spread, but influential. You might disagree.

Latin is not dead it just evolved into Italian (and other Romance languages).

Apr 12, 2004
Dude, I consider Italian the modern Latin and since Latin is the most influential language of all time, I consider Italian the most influential. Notice Im not saying most wide spread, but influential. You might disagree.

Well, then by your own admission that is also true for all other Romance languages.

If Latin isn't dead, and it evolved into all other Romance Languages......

And French is the most spoken of those. Italian the second least behind Romanian.

Dog.

You're owning yourself.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

The Germanic languages aka English is by far the most influental, it's spoken all over the world.

Latin never reached the whole world as a lingua franca like English did.

English is the reason you're able to speak with people in a forum like this from totally different parts of the world, where you else had no chance of it.

We can dislike the Brits for many things, but no one ever build an empire like them strecthing all over the world in its prime. Its still felt to this day with the commonwealth.

As for Latin languages, Spanish and French are far more influental than Italian. Portuguese even so as well.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The Germanic languages aka English is by far the most influental, it's spoken all over the world.

Latin never reached the whole world as a lingua franca like English did.

English is the reason you're able to speak with people in a forum like this from totally different parts of the world, where you else had no chance of it.

We can dislike the Brits for many things, but no one ever build an empire like them strecthing all over the world in its prime. Its still felt to this day with the commonwealth.

As for Latin languages, Spanish and French are far more influental than Italian. Portuguese even so as well.
Ok last time, I said most influential not most wide spread.
Consider the number of Latin-origin words in Germanic languages vs Germanic-origin words in Romance languages.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Consider the number of Latin-origin words in Germanic languages vs Germanic-origin words in Romance languages.
Ok last time. You’re wrong. You’re always wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
If it's not the most widespread it can't be the most influental, just saying.

Spanish, French and Portuguese all dwarfs Italian in terms of influence.

English is dwarfing the other Germanic languages as well. German is a big language within Europe but not very useful outside of it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So he's pissed off basically all Juventus fans. Pissed off van Gaal who benched him. What is he going to do to piss off Bayern fans, Nagelsmann, and Kahn? because they know it's coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)