Matthijs de Ligt (21 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nedved: 'De Ligt deal a struggle'
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director Pavel Nedved praised Maurizio Sarri for his “different” approach to Max Allegri and confessed signing Matthijs de Ligt was “a real struggle.”
The Bianconeri Vice-President spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of the draw for the 2019-20 Serie A season and was asked how new Coach Sarri is settling in.
“It’s a strong impact, but of course in the early days we can’t see his work yet. We’re happy, it is different work to the one that Max did, so we’re pleased.”
The big purchase of the summer has been De Ligt, who cost €75m plus bonuses from Ajax, beating competition from Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United.
“It was a real struggle, very tough. He’s young, already captain of Ajax and we made this choice for the present, but above all the future. There was a lot of tough competition, but we are happy that he chose us.
“All the big clubs are reinforcing, including in Italy, and I think it’ll be much more hard-fought for the Scudetto than in previous years.
“It’ll be a real battle in Europe too with so many clubs that can cause you problems, but Juventus will be ready.”

rainhard

May 5, 2004
De Ligt and Demiral must start against mid low club in Serie A

AS - De Ligt - Demiral - Cancelo

Looking pretty good and strong, Demiral probably will give more impact initially because he already played with Sassuolo last year, while De Ligt still in adaptation process (new league, new system, high transfer fee, pressure to perform). But I think he will be mentally OK, he already captain in Ajax

If they both perform well, we will have more competition for starting spot next year when Romero join us. And with Rugani as backup we will have strong and young DC line

We can invest more for midfielder and winger next year, probably in goalkeeper too. I think we should raid Fiorentina, Dragowski and Chiesa

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
De Ligt and Demiral must start against mid low club in Serie A

AS - De Ligt - Demiral - Cancelo

Looking pretty good and strong, Demiral probably will give more impact initially because he already played with Sassuolo last year, while De Ligt still in adaptation process (new league, new system, high transfer fee, pressure to perform). But I think he will be mentally OK, he already captain in Ajax

If they both perform well, we will have more competition for starting spot next year when Romero join us. And with Rugani as backup we will have strong and young DC line

We can invest more for midfielder and winger next year, probably in goalkeeper too. I think we should raid Fiorentina, Dragowski and Chiesa

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
cute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)