Matthijs de Ligt (53 Viewers)

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
De Ligt has only trained 2-3 days with Ajax. And 1 day at Juve.

Before that he was on vacation. So give the dude some time.
Besides that, it's a friendly game. The score isn't really importent.

A friendly game is just for getting players fit and learn the new tactics. Nothing else.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
De Ligt has only trained 2-3 days with Ajax. And 1 day at Juve.

Before that he was on vacation. So give the dude some time.
Besides that, it's a friendly game. The score isn't really importent.

A friendly game is just for getting players fit and learn the new tactics. Nothing else.
Don’t pay attention to the people on this thread. They’re just having some fun.
No one is actually slagging De Ligt off.

Rabiot

Jul 1, 2019
I agree with the commentator

De ligt weakness was against the speedy striker, when the striker turn around or changing the direction, he’s always in trouble

Hopefully it’s because of match fitness, not his footwork

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
what a flop, should've signed maguire
:sad:

- - - Updated - - -

I think that calls for a name change? Badass Delight?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Badass Vidal, Vidal gets sold for DUI

Badass Dybala, Dybala has a shitty past season and possibly about to be sold for Icardi

Do you really want a Badass Delight?

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
I agree with the commentator

De ligt weakness was against the speedy striker, when the striker turn around or changing the direction, he’s always in trouble

Hopefully it’s because of match fitness, not his footwork
De Ligt's only weakness is that he makes a silly mistake once in every while (just watch the Nation League semi final, or his first game for Holland when he was 17 and you might know what i mean ).

He also plays too offensive for a CB. He moves forward a lot. Not just on set pieces. Don't know if Sarri will accept that.
Just watch the Ajax - Tottenham highlights. When Moura is scoring the 2-1. De Ligt is on the other side of the pitch. Instead of defending, he was trying to score the 3-0.

Ajax likes to attack for 90 minutes long. But sometimes you need to defend a lead. I think he will learn a lot from Chiellini.

P.S. He might look big. But he's far from slow. He's actually surprisingly fast for his build.
At Ajax he played with a lot of space behind him (very high line). And he never had any problems. Also didn't had any problems with pacey players like Mbappé.

He's a bit like Ramos.. He makes a stupid mistakes once in a while. But at the same time he's so important and indispensable for the team. He's also a naturally born leader. Even though it was his first game today. I already saw him coaching his teammates.

It will take some time to adjust. But i think Juve is the perfect team for his career. Don't listen to the Barca fan boys hehe.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
chiellini also makes stupid mistakes once in a while. every defender does, CB mistakes are just exacerbated since they often lead to opposition goals

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
De Ligt's only weakness is that he makes a silly mistake once in every while (just watch the Nation League semi final, or his first game for Holland when he was 17 and you might know what i mean ).

He also plays too offensive for a CB. He moves forward a lot. Not just on set pieces. Don't know if Sarri will accept that.
Just watch the Ajax - Tottenham highlights. When Moura is scoring the 2-1. De Ligt is on the other side of the pitch. Instead of defending, he was trying to score the 3-0.

Ajax likes to attack for 90 minutes long. But sometimes you need to defend a lead. I think he will learn a lot from Chiellini.

P.S. He might look big. But he's far from slow. He's actually surprisingly fast for his build.
At Ajax he played with a lot of space behind him (very high line). And he never had any problems. Also didn't had any problems with pacey players like Mbappé.

He's a bit like Ramos.. He makes a stupid mistakes once in a while. But at the same time he's so important and indispensable for the team. He's also a naturally born leader. Even though it was his first game today. I already saw him coaching his teammates.

It will take some time to adjust. But i think Juve is the perfect team for his career. Don't listen to the Barca fan boys hehe.
Koulibaly used to move forward a lot when playing for Sarri. I'm sure he'll like it, sometimes you need those CB-with-the-ball bursts forward.

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
Mourinho knows what he's talking about.

Former United boss Jose Mourinho, sacked in December, wanted a centre-back last summer and identified De Ligt as his first-choice target, with Leicester ’s Harry Maguire a fall-back option.

Let's thanks Man United for sacking him. :D

It's crazy that they wil pay 90 mil for a 26 years old overrated defender.
This market is getting crazier by the day...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)