Matthijs de Ligt (25 Viewers)

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
We should have milked the hell out of Bayern. I thought just for a moment that this management might finally have some balls and stand their ground, but we eventually cave. Very very disappointing
Nah, I think we did what we could. You can't do much when a player chooses his destination and actively pushes for a move, it puts that club in position to lowball.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Nah, I think we did what we could. You can't do much when a player chooses his destination and actively pushes for a move, it puts that club in position to lowball.
If Chelsea or some epl team was there maybe we could have got close to 90 million euros. But expecting the German mafia club to pay close to 90 million euros is impossible.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
What dreamland are people on this forum living in thinking we could have got over 80m for MDL?

Just because Maguire went for stupid money pre covid (English players in the PL have a +200% asking price anyway) that was a completely different football landscape as it was when we bought him.

The fact is if we can replace him with a player of the same ability (Bremer/Torres) for half the money we’re receiving then the deal is amazing. Hopefully we have the replacement lined up because CB is such a crucial position for us

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Sad to see him leave, but we always knew this days would come. Now we are left with an injury prone vet in Bonucci, talented, but with zero Serie A experience Gatti and Genoa-level player Rugani. One defender won't do it, we need two. There is no excuse, Bini and Bene have to get out there and hijack Bremer deal and add another CB. And they need to react quickly, season starts in less than a month.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Sad to see him leave, but we always knew this days would come. Now we are left with an injury prone vet in Bonucci, talented, but with zero Serie A experience Gatti and Genoa-level player Rugani. One defender won't do it, we need two. There is no excuse, Bini and Bene have to get out there and hijack Bremer deal and add another CB.
I remember us not trusting a young CB twice now in recent years. So the question is; when do you want Gatti to be loaned out to Atalanta?

Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Guys with the release clause ur missing the point. It wasn't put in the contract to protect our interest, but the interest of the player, if big club comes knocking and we refuse to sell. If anything not meeting the amount he thought he would be worth is a failure on his side we can just be disappointed that we paid so much in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)