Matthijs de Ligt (45 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Didn't realize BM payroll so much higher than Juve. Wonder if the 12mil is gross or net? If net no wonder MDL prefers Germany over England. Show me the money and who can blame them! Never thought MDL was going to stay at Juve for the long haul. Hyped up when we got him as going to be the one of best CBs ever. If that's the case then no way Juve would be able keep him down the road with too many other top teams having deeper pockets.

Get 90 mil now and stop worrying about needing two CBs. Cash talks, just need Juve management to spend wisely. Right now KK and Bremer available, the best duo possible to use the money. Who knows what CBs would be available next summer? So we get 70m next year (don't believe that much) but maybe no KK or Bremer quality available to us. Get these two now who know the league well and only can get better together in year two.

So I ask this question, what amount next summer would be satisfactory to hold onto MDL this season? And then management is fishing around again next season for 2 CBs. If MDL wasn't here this season and seeing Chiell leaving, who would be the top like CB to replace him, KK. Is having MDL here going to get Juve a CL trophy this season? I seriously doubt it. Don't care how dedicated MDL might be, the guy's head has already left town.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Imagine Real buying Haaland from City for the same 60M paid for him, with two years left on his contract. I don't think plusvalenza would cut it.
Different case, 60m for Haaland was big bargain, 85m for a cb is almost max any club would pay. Plus the fact that he wasn't really setting a world apart with us and some could say he stagnated/regressed makes this price pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

With his signing Bayern will have 3atb with total cost of 200m+ lol

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
So I suspect it's about the same as Juve's. Wonder if we were going to keep his salary the same in the new contract?
As far as the rumors go we tried offering a new contract on a lower base wage salary of around €7M(still one of the very best paid CB’s in the world) that would have then anyway raised closer to what he is already earning now via easily achievable bonuses if the team gets back to winning ways. Talks seem to have broken down because his condition to sign was to drastically reduce the release clause which not only did we not want but also brought to light the lack of long term commitment from the player.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Paying 75+ mil for a player who is also a defender you can't keep long term is so moronic. That's the competence of our former and some current management.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
So I suspect it's about the same as Juve's. Wonder if we were going to keep his salary the same in the new contract?
Of course they offered him 12M NET if the rumor is true. Why the hell would MDL agree to 50% of the money he's getting at Juve? Yes, he's getting 8+4 net with the add-ons being easily achievable.

Same for the renewal offer from Juve. We didn't offer him lower wages, that wouldn't make any sense. We offered him extension for the same money with slightly reduced release clause. The rumor says the player wanted it to be closer to 70M while Juve probably didn't want to go below 100M.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Of course they offered him 12M NET if the rumor is true. Why the hell would MDL agree to 50% of the money he's getting at Juve? Yes, he's getting 8+4 net with the add-ons being easily achievable.

Same for the renewal offer from Juve. We didn't offer him lower wages, that wouldn't make any sense. We offered him extension for the same money with slightly reduced release clause. The rumor says the player wanted it to be closer to 70M while Juve probably didn't want to go below 100M.
Everything else is pretty accurate to what has been reported but i have to disagree there with the bolded part, previous management have been continuously trying to reduce the wages ever since the pandemic kicked in while the new management has been on a run to reduce salaries and get rid of high earners that don’t justify the price with their on field performances….

If anything this would indicate that De Ligt was likely taking in at least around €10M net even when the team is underachieving and did not win anything as long as those easy to achieve bonuses were just based on him being on the field for a certain minimum number of games. So i imagine we were trying to work on those bonuses to be more relevant to the team’s achievements while starting probably from mostly the same or slightly lower base salary of €7M with this time including a bit harder to achieve bonuses that would still get him over the €10M mark as long as he and the team perform well and don’t miss out on all of the main objectives.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017

Thanks and that’s why I’m saying no way we we would be able to keep him long term. Just didn’t thInk MDL would be leaving this early. Of course with the crappy results since he’s been here, who can blame him.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
buying him instead of giving a chance to Romero was one of the bigger mistakes made by our managment lately.We have paid 85 for a guy 1 year younger than Romero, but de Ligt was never able to reproduce the quality Romero has shown at Atalanta, yet we have sacrificed him because of Mathijs.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
If he is not as good as some members make him out to be, why are the best team after him? And how come you blame Tici for this transfer when we making profit out of him?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
buying him instead of giving a chance to Romero was one of the bigger mistakes made by our managment lately.We have paid 85 for a guy 1 year younger than Romero, but de Ligt was never able to reproduce the quality Romero has shown at Atalanta, yet we have sacrificed him because of Mathijs.
:lol:

This

This is the toast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)