Matthijs de Ligt (87 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Plusvalenza yes, but I'm talking pure profit. What other club buys a 19 year old "generational talent" develops him for three years and sells him for the same price they got him. Bayern, Real, Chelsea would never.
Has he developed tho? I would say he has stagnated if not regressed here. And he has two years left on his deal…90m is still a huge number especially for a CB.

Paratici should never have signed him on such a huge transfer/wages in the first place. For what we got in return we got fleeced by Ajax imo.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Imagine Real buying Haaland from City for the same 60M paid for him, with two years left on his contract. I don't think plusvalenza would cut it.
Strikers always cost more. Honestly I’m surprised Bayern are willing to pay that much for him, especially after all the pompous and holier than thou garbage Rummeninge spits to the media about other clubs spending huge amounts on transfers and wages.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Strikers always cost more.
It's not the amount that matters here. We should be able to get more than we paid for him. That should be an understanding we have with any club interested in him. Show me other such deals where young high profile players don't go for more than they were bought for except when their contract is running out.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's not the amount that matters here. We should be able to get more than we paid for him. That should be an understanding we have with any club interested in him. Show me other such deals where young high profile players don't go for more than they were bought for except when their contract is running out.
I think the length of time remaining on his contract has more to do with that. If he had three years left we could EASILY demand 100M…for instance if we don’t sell him this window and we wait another year, we’d most likely wouldn’t get anywhere close to €90m for him; no matter how good he was/is (debatable). So 90M for him is still technically a profit anyway and we book a huge capital gain.

Oct 23, 2011
Comparing the price we are going to sell him for to the purchase price is meaningless, we will be recording a pretty big profit on the books though (book value should be around 35m). We just significantly overpaid 3 years ago, and not by a little. Yes he was 19 years old and knocked both us and Real out in the CL that year, but no one in their right mind would pay 85m for a defender from the Dutch league.

Having said that, this is the first bid and I expect us to squeeze another 5/10m and ship then him off.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think the length of time remaining on his contract has more to do with that. If he had three years left we could EASILY demand 100M…for instance if we don’t sell him this window and we wait another year, we’d most likely wouldn’t get anywhere close to €90m for him; no matter how good he was/is (debatable). So 90M for him is still technically a profit anyway and we book a huge capital gain.
I hear ya. But yeah, wouldn't happen to big dick Bayern or Real, only Cuckventus

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Wot?

They paid small money for him when he was 25. He's 33 now and they still want a fee for him. Not comparable at all
He's trying to force his way out and has limited time on his deal. There is some comparison. They'll make a profit on their books for him even if they get 15m, we'll make a profit on our books even if we get wanted we paid for him.

There is some comparison, obviously we're not going to find a complete apples to apples comparison but to act like this type of action doesn't happen to other big clubs is crazy. Also, we're not getting big dicked by Bayern. Getting big dicked would be them offering us 50m for him and us taking it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He's trying to force his way out and has limited time on his deal. There is some comparison. They'll make a profit on their books for him even if they get 15m, we'll make a profit on our books even if we get wanted we paid for him.

There is some comparison, obviously we're not going to find a complete apples to apples comparison but to act like this type of action doesn't happen to other big clubs is crazy. Also, we're not getting big dicked by Bayern. Getting big dicked would be them offering us 50m for him and us taking it.
Find a similar situation then we'll talk

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Has he developed tho? I would say he has stagnated if not regressed here. And he has two years left on his deal…90m is still a huge number especially for a CB.

Paratici should never have signed him on such a huge transfer/wages in the first place. For what we got in return we got fleeced by Ajax imo.
:agree:

When our sporting director cuts a cheque for that significant of an amount for a backfield player it’s plain foolish. We all agree that CBs mature as they approach their 30s. MDL was never going to stay here that long to develop, nor was he going to outshine the legends he joined in that defense.

Paratici is a flat out moron. Football terrorist with a cheque book and a pen. He’s going to bury the Spurs even worse than his attempt at burying us alive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)