Matteo Paro (8 Viewers)

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
We have not to forget that the bigest clubs in the last CL has had a lot of Players of theyr own youthsystem...

Arsenal is a group of youthstars like Senderos, Djourou, Cesc, Touré etc etc. They buy the youngsters and let them grow up in the youthsystem and give them a serious chance in the starting eleven with a good rotation system.

Barca: Messi, Valdez, Puyol. The same discussion for Barca. Messi was only the start with Dos Santos and Krkic coming in the next years...But the Italian clubs dont make it like the rest of Europe. The big question is: WHY ??? if the other clubs make it and have success why the italian clubs dont try it and deserve a lot of money?

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
ahmedz said:
Aquilani has been exceptional for Roma and deserves his chance...but Brocchi??? Please this isnt a rugby match...
Brocchi scored some crucial goals for milan a few weeks back, other than that Im absolutely baffled.
I'd really have taken Paro over this guy, no hesitations.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
Brocchi scored some crucial goals for milan a few weeks back, other than that Im absolutely baffled.
I'd really have taken Paro over this guy, no hesitations.
exactly he just started playing in the starting line up in the last coppa italia game when rhino got injured and he scored and then he scored again against roma. Thats it , two games! This guy who says he would consider everyone.

But also it may be good for matteo to wait for his break through.His performances r improving day by day and its better to pick him when hes in top form.
cuz a bad performance in the azzuri would just break his confidence

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
sateeh said:
exactly he just started playing in the starting line up in the last coppa italia game when rhino got injured and he scored and then he scored again against roma. Thats it , two games! This guy who says he would consider everyone.

But also it may be good for matteo to wait for his break through.His performances r improving day by day and its better to pick him when hes in top form.
cuz a bad performance in the azzuri would just break his confidence
Well, he is an ex milan player, and he does have a reason that Paro is in Serie B, next thing u know, nat coaches will be pressured to pick youngsters playin well in serie B.

Paro will get his chance sooner or later. It would have been great to be named in the squad sooner though

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
Well, he is an ex milan player, and he does have a reason that Paro is in Serie B, next thing u know, nat coaches will be pressured to pick youngsters playin well in serie B.

Paro will get his chance sooner or later. It would have been great to be named in the squad sooner though
yeah ur right but Donadoni is the one who said "everyone" will be considered and i dont think some paper would just start a rumor about Matteo getting a call up with some grounds.

And he has been coming to the juve games from serie B.

Also if someone is worthy then he should be called up and given the chance, Podolski got his first call up while he was in Bundesliga 2 with Koln.

Anyway i agree that his time will come even if not a stater straight away. Am sure of that

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
sateeh said:
yeah ur right but Donadoni is the one who said "everyone" will be considered and i dont think some paper would just start a rumor about Matteo getting a call up with some grounds.

And he has been coming to the juve games from serie B.

Also if someone is worthy then he should be called up and given the chance, Podolski got his first call up while he was in Bundesliga 2 with Koln.

Anyway i agree that his time will come even if not a stater straight away. Am sure of that
yea but Germany had a real problem in finding young players to replace the WC 2002 players...Italy does not have that problem

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ahmedz said:
yea but Germany had a real problem in finding young players to replace the WC 2002 players...Italy does not have that problem
Germany didnt have any young talent but the Voeller could've been stubborn and only relied on the players from the Bundesliga but he took a chance and it paid off.

And Podolski is no wonder kid too.But he turned out alrite

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
If Juve pick up a top notch DMF, and Paro gets a decent chuck of playing time the remainder of this year do you think he would be good enough to share time as a starter next year?

I like him and I think he is really good, but I just sort of see him right on that borderline of just being capable to start in Serie A.

What do you guys think?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I completely agree. He's either just good enough or will just fall a little short of being starting material for us. It also really depends on who we are getting in midfield and how we are going to play next season. I do think he is an ideal player for the type of 4-4-2 we play right now, defensive yet capable of moving the ball forward and not being a complete fool on the ball (like the blasi and tacchinardi types we've had). Though he needs to impose himself a bit more, what I like about Paro is that he plays as if he's a lot more experienced than his age suggests.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I completely agree. He's either just good enough or will just fall a little short of being starting material for us. It also really depends on who we are getting in midfield and how we are going to play next season. I do think he is an ideal player for the type of 4-4-2 we play right now, defensive yet capable of moving the ball forward and not being a complete fool on the ball (like the blasi and tacchinardi types we've had). Though he needs to impose himself a bit more, what I like about Paro is that he plays as if he's a lot more experienced than his age suggests.
thats my biggest issue with him i guess, as he can't impose himself much on games he should be dictating.Also I dont know why he doesn't use his shooting skills very much, many times i see him getting the chances and not taking them

anyway i think these games are very important for matteo, Gianni is doing well and the team is winning.Wonder if DD will opt for Gianni over Matteo since we r getting results and more importantly clean sheets.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Results are everything. I hope that Paro does get some more chances this year, because I beleive he has a bright future. He needs to impose himself more and that is an absolute fact. However, with experience comes confidence and that may be a reason for him not shooting as much. Perhaps he isn't confident enough to take an offensive surge himself because he has guys like Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet around him. Although, I would prefer if he just controlled the middle a bit more and wouldn't mind if he never took more shots. He just needs to get a bit more confident I think. It will be nice watching him grow.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
:agree: I agree with what you say, Dom. Sometimes I feel that he lacks confidence a little & seems to need an experienced midfielder alongside him to give him that extra bit of confidence & he subsequently plays better.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Juventus.com said:
Today, Saturday March 17th, in the Bianconeri's changing rooms it's celebration time. Today it's Matteo Parro's birthday. The midfielder from Asti, who entered the history of Juventus for scoring the first goal in Serie B, turns 24.
From juventus.com the best wishes to Matteo.
Buon Compleanno, Matteo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)