Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
there is still Bernat :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -

or better yet, Digne :beppe2:
ambition.gif :juventus:

Well, we have signed Spinazzola. Him being injured now couldn't have been foreseen unless you have a crystal ball :cronios: ? And I'm giessing Darmian is down to details as well.
Even without injury, I doubt Spinazzola would be a starter leftback for us. Darmian has a high wage and I think he doesn't worth it (4M a year)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
ambition.gif :juventus:

Even without injury, I doubt Spinazzola would be a starter leftback for us. Darmian has a high wage and I think he doesn't worth it (4M a year)
Well, you did say there weren't any replacements. There are and will be. Their quality is a dofferent discussion 'though.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
20 fucking mill and fucking ricardo pereira is going to friggin leicester for literally the same amount plus bonus too

sack our scouting team, just fucking hire me already, any scout who comes back with a positive enough reports for darmian and bernat need shooting

seriously and nobody fucking dare use the "we got out bidded by a bigger and richer team" excuse on this one. fucking criminal to let this one slip utterly fucking criminal
would Ansaldi be your first or second signing? :p

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Well, you did say there weren't any replacements. There are and will be. Their quality is a dofferent discussion 'though.
Yes, their quality make me feel so weak as if they are not exist :pumpkin: . Let's hope we keep A.Sandro for next season :beer:

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #751
    @zizinho ^^

- - - Updated - - -

so cl contender buying darmian

and uel contender buying sandro

strange
    One is worth over a billion dollars and the most (or one of the highest) valued clubs in the world...the other isn't.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    The gap has increased and other clubs are emerging. I dint realistically expect Juventus to challenge for the CL this year and with us in a transition phase next year, i realistically dont expect us to challenge again next year.
    This year the difference between us and Real was one goal. Had we passed them, there was no reason we couldn't beat the remaining teams.

Not to say we were favourites, but there weren't many teams stronger than us and there was a decent chance for us to win it.

We'll have to see what next year brings, but every season after a disappointing mercato we always have low expectations, then are surprised at the end.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    This year the difference between us and Real was one goal. Had we passed them, there was no reason we couldn't beat the remaining teams.

Not to say we were favourites, but there weren't many teams stronger than us and there was a decent chance for us to win it.

We'll have to see what next year brings, but every season after a disappointing mercato we always have low expectations, then are surprised at the end.
    IMO there was only one season where we looked like a genuine CL contender and we had the squad to back it up and that was 16-17 season. We were not expected to go that far in 2014-15. 2015-16 was a year where we made wholesale changes and again, we were never rated among the favourites. Same thing with 17-18, we bought depth and weakened our starting eleven. Next year, we'd probably be transitioning again depending on the mercato.

Beppe might sound a bit loser-ish in his statements but i kinda agree with him when he says ' a final is the most we could make'. With some fortunate draws and gritty performances , we could get there but not quite win it. Without substantial financial backing, its difficult to win a CL.

Inb4 Liverpool(but i think they're expected to lose anyway)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    IMO there was only one season where we looked like a genuine CL contender and we had the squad to back it up and that was 16-17 season. We were not expected to go that far in 2014-15. 2015-16 was a year where we made wholesale changes and again, we were never rated among the favourites. Same thing with 17-18, we bought depth and weakened our starting eleven. Next year, we'd probably be transitioning again depending on the mercato.

Beppe might sound a bit loser-ish in his statements but i kinda agree with him when he says ' a final is the most we could make'. With some fortunate draws and gritty performances , we could get there but not quite win it. Without substantial financial backing, its difficult to win a CL.

Inb4 Liverpool(but i think they're expected to lose anyway)
    It doesn't matter how we're rated beforehand or how far we're expected to go. In hindsight, if you made the final, you were a contender. If the runner up isn't a contender, then who is? Only the winner?

And in the case of this season, we were good enough to beat Real and almost complete our comeback, making us one of the strongest teams imo.

Beppe's words are meaningless to me. If you make the final, you can win it. It's a one-off game - anything can happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)