Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think many here are seeing him in a negative light because they clearly did not read his Wikipedia article.

"An intelligent, dynamic, hard-working, and versatile player, he is known for his good quality of offensive and defensive play, as well as his tactical awareness, pace, and stamina, attributes which allow him to cover the wing effectively and provide width to his team when attacking; his professionalism, as well as his promising and consistent performances in his youth, led him to be compared to several esteemed Italian former full-backs, such as Antonio Cabrini and Paolo Maldini."

New Maldini, sign me the FUCK up :tuttosport: :tuttosport:
It's no surprise to see a clueless woman aka Dumpian's girlfriend be incredibly biased when writing his page on Wiki :baus: :tup:

Cabrini and Maldini :lol: :rofl: :howler:

Cabrini and Maldini take shits that are better footballers than this turd nugget

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I think many here are seeing him in a negative light because they clearly did not read his Wikipedia article.

"An intelligent, dynamic, hard-working, and versatile player, he is known for his good quality of offensive and defensive play, as well as his tactical awareness, pace, and stamina, attributes which allow him to cover the wing effectively and provide width to his team when attacking; his professionalism, as well as his promising and consistent performances in his youth, led him to be compared to several esteemed Italian former full-backs, such as Antonio Cabrini and Paolo Maldini."

New Maldini, sign me the FUCK up :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

:lol: who writes that shit

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't understand the end of your sentence but obviously it's funny now. Just as Palladino being the next Del Piero or Lanzafame the next Ronaldo was. In fact they were far more absurd.

His ceiling isn't high like Alex Sandro's. He's not been great for United. Really doesn't mean he wouldn't do a fine job for Juventus, though. Not at all. Seen this rubbishing all too many times and people looking stupid, especially when we sign Italians. There's a reason United signed him in the first place and that is because he was a very good player in Serie A and also for the national team he had some outstanding games in that period.

He's not en vogue and really that is the reason most people crap on players in the modern age.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #771
    I don't understand the end of your sentence but obviously it's funny now. Just as Palladino being the next Del Piero or Lanzafame the next Ronaldo was. In fact they were far more absurd.

His ceiling isn't high like Alex Sandro's. He's not been great for United. Really doesn't mean he wouldn't do a fine job for Juventus, though. Not at all. Seen this rubbishing all too many times and people looking stupid, especially when we sign Italians. There's a reason United signed him in the first place and that is because he was a very good player in Serie A and also for the national team he had some outstanding games in that period.

He's not en vogue and really that is the reason most people crap on players in the modern age.
    You’re on fire lately. :tup:

The last time people tried predicting how another clubs “trash” player would be here ended up looking foolish. Happened quite a bit to be honest.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

He's a solid player, and I think he will do well back in Italy. This is just how this forum always gets when we're linked with any non-world class player, might as well have fun with it.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006

yup still waiting for sturaro to become the next xavi. I don't want good serie A players, I want players who are going to help close that gap with the top European sides otherwise sooner or later we are going to lag further behind. The fact that marotta the other week said he thinks its difficult to improve this current squad rings alarm bells

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    He's a solid player, and I think he will do well back in Italy. This is just how this forum always gets when we're linked with any non-world class player, might as well have fun with it.
    The negative reaction is because of the possibility of losing our only top class full-back and bringing in just 'decent' players to fill the void. People are just nervous.

We've done the same with our midfield. Let go off world class players and bringing in good to decent players and now our midfield as we see, requires a serious overhaul.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    The negative reaction is because of the possibility of losing our only top class full-back and bringing in just 'decent' players to fill the void. People are just nervous.

We've done the same with our midfield. Let go off world class players and bringing in good to decent players and now our midfield as we see, requires a serious overhaul.
    It's an understandable reaction. Not that Alex Sandro has exactly been close to top class this season though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    yup still waiting for sturaro to become the next xavi. I don't want good serie A players, I want players who are going to help close that gap with the top European sides otherwise sooner or later we are going to lag further behind. The fact that marotta the other week said he thinks its difficult to improve this current squad rings alarm bells
    Sturaro was just a kid who had proven nothing.

Anyway, what Marotta is talking about is improving on our budget. We still overestimate what that is. The other thing is that we do sign Italian and domestic-based players, but not just them. It's just part of the identity of the club and one reason why we do so well domestically. It's not a reason why we lose an odd CL final but yeah it's nice to think we could sign various attractive options and turn them all into a Vidal, Alex Sandro or Pogba. Our team is pretty balanced and no point in getting too worked up just because some signings are not personal choices.

I'm more concerned about the midfield because it looks a clear issue with what we currently have. In other areas where there was a clear weakness we went out and fixed it. Midfield we seem to be happy with experienced international players as enough, but I don't think it is.

Still, we aren't going to be doing anything other than trying to dominate domestically and hope to put together a CL run. It isn't going to change. We're not going to spend €200m in a summer like a United or PSG. We aren't closing the gap financially. And those are two teams who do jack shit in the competition.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

:agree:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Sturaro was just a kid who had proven nothing.

Anyway, what Marotta is talking about is improving on our budget. We still overestimate what that is. The other thing is that we do sign Italian and domestic-based players, but not just them. It's just part of the identity of the club and one reason why we do so well domestically. It's not a reason why we lose an odd CL final but yeah it's nice to think we could sign various attractive options and turn them all into a Vidal, Alex Sandro or Pogba. Our team is pretty balanced and no point in getting too worked up just because some signings are not personal choices.

I'm more concerned about the midfield because it looks a clear issue with what we currently have. In other areas where there was a clear weakness we went out and fixed it. Midfield we seem to be happy with experienced international players as enough, but I don't think it is.

Still, we aren't going to be doing anything other than trying to dominate domestically and hope to put together a CL run. It isn't going to change. We're not going to spend €200m in a summer like a United or PSG. We aren't closing the gap financially. And those are two teams who do jack shit in the competition.
    nobody is asking to spend 200 mill this summer, but when you think our net spend for the last 2 seasons is less than £30 mill we need to break the mould a little given the years of growth financially we cannot afford to keep spending 7 mill net one summer to the next.

The current midfield is exactly the sort of result we will get if we keep with this penny pinching, sell assets and buy largely quantity player. 25-30 mill for cristante, barella, and the likes of just dont cut it.

Right now I'm worried we will sacrifice a major asset to plug gaps up on the short term creating another void left by the departed. I feel like that's all I've seen each summer since Vidal's departure to say the least

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    It's an understandable reaction. Not that Alex Sandro has exactly been close to top class this season though.
    Vidal had an underwhelming last year before we sold him as well...

Not that i'd be upset if he leaves but our fullback quality would've declined with his loss atleast for now. Darmian's and De Sciglio's can do a solid job in defense but the difference in quality would be noticeable when we face top European clubs. Only one of them can be a starter in this team.

As i said in the other thread, this signing would be very acceptable provided Sandro stays or we have another quality fullback lined up(which is going to be very hard).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)