Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Vidal had an underwhelming last year before we sold him as well...

Not that i'd be upset if he leaves but our fullback quality would've declined with his loss atleast for now. Darmian's and De Sciglio's can do a solid job in defense but the difference in quality would be noticeable when we face top European clubs. Only one of them can be a starter in this team.

As i said in the other thread, this signing would be very acceptable provided Sandro stays or we have another quality fullback lined up(which is going to be very hard).
Alex Sandro would need to up his game to the form of previous seasons though, otherwise how much of a difference really would be make? We all know what he's capable of, but he needs to play that way. No way we line up another though, it's already a hard position to fill so prices will be at a premium.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Alex Sandro would need to up his game to the form of previous seasons though, otherwise how much of a difference really would be make? We all know what he's capable of, but he needs to play that way. No way we line up another though, it's already a hard position to fill so prices will be at a premium.
So what's your suggestion ? Would be incredibly underwhelming to have BOTH Darmian and De Sciglio as starters imo. Both should be competing with each other ideally.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
So what's your suggestion ? Would be incredibly underwhelming to have BOTH Darmian and De Sciglio as starters imo. Both should be competing with each other ideally.
I have none. Sometimes there are just certain realities that you must accept. If Alex Sandro wants to leave, and we force him to stay to have more sub-par performances, is it worth it? BUT to compensate, you can strengthen other areas. I'd rather we go all-out on that midfield buy for example. Italy won the World Cup with Grosso starting, there are worse positions to be lacking in imo.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't understand the obsession with de Sciglio potentially being a starter, the guy has been a serious player since 2012/13 and always spends half the season in hospital, him being a starter is the last thing people should worry about

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Darmian is an expensive downgraded version of De Sciglio.
That's definitely an exaggeration. He's at the same level as De Sciglio(i rate Darmian higher actually). Both are above average players at best who'd do a solid job in defense, nothing more.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Darmian is a solid signing but not a priority when we have MDS.

But we need at least one FB with an attacking outlet and Darmian won't be one either. We should be all over Bellerin imo.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Darmian is a solid signing but not a priority when we have MDS.

But we need at least one FB with an attacking outlet and Darmian won't be one either. We should be all over Bellerin imo.
MDS cannot be trusted. I least i dont trust him anymore. He is way too injury prone, and even when fit, is timid as hell. he has a good cross but thats it

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #793
    Report: Juve 'close' to announcing signing of Man utd defender

21 May at 13:30
    Reports from Corriere dello Sport believe that Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian will be Juventus' first defensive signing of the summer.

The 28-year-old Darmian joined Manchester United in the summer of 2015 from Serie A side Torino for a fee in the region of 13 million euros. He has failed to nail down a regular spot for himself though and has fallen out of favor at Old Trafford. This season, the right-back has appeared only eight times in the league, out of which five has been starts.

Corriere dello sport believe that Darmian will be Juve's first defensive signing of the summer, with Leonardo Spinazzola and Mattia Caldara set to return from their loan spells at Atalanta this summer.

Juve will pay United a fee in the region of 13 million euros for a player who is willing to come back to Italy in a bid to reinvigorate his career.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Report: Juve 'close' to announcing signing of Man utd defender

21 May at 13:30
    Reports from Corriere dello Sport believe that Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian will be Juventus' first defensive signing of the summer.

The 28-year-old Darmian joined Manchester United in the summer of 2015 from Serie A side Torino for a fee in the region of 13 million euros. He has failed to nail down a regular spot for himself though and has fallen out of favor at Old Trafford. This season, the right-back has appeared only eight times in the league, out of which five has been starts.

Corriere dello sport believe that Darmian will be Juve's first defensive signing of the summer, with Leonardo Spinazzola and Mattia Caldara set to return from their loan spells at Atalanta this summer.

Juve will pay United a fee in the region of 13 million euros for a player who is willing to come back to Italy in a bid to reinvigorate his career.
    13M is a good price, lets see if he really gets 4M wages

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)