Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We're rejuvenating. We don't have a billion to spend without selling.
I don't believe SMS is a possibility. Cry me a river.
Don't be an oversensitive ballerina. I was just calling it as I see it. Mediocre fullback options and an underwhelming midfield. That's my opinion. You don't like it? I couldn't care less tbh.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Don't be an oversensitive ballerina. I was just calling it as I see it. Mediocre fullback options and an underwhelming midfield. That's my opinion. You don't like it? I couldn't care less tbh.
Fair. I don't think it's CL winning material either. But the attack is great. So many options. I would be happy to keep it as it is and add Martial.
Can is an upgrade to both Matuidi and Khedira of this season. Bentancur will get more games and finish the season a starter.

In defense I agree the LB is still very weak. Mainly bc I can't rate Spinazzola. He seems like another mediocre italian. (fingers crossed) he will prove us wrong.

I really just don't see us go big for two fullbacks. Cancelo is an obvious aviability. Technically we would have 3 players for the LB, if Cancelo proves the real deal on the right: De Sciglio, Spinazzola, Darmian.

Ofc, all of this is as of the current transfer rumours. I'm simply trying to collect the pieces of rumoured players coming in.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fair. I don't think it's CL winning material either. But the attack is great. So many options. I would be happy to keep it as it is and add Martial.
Can is an upgrade to both Matuidi and Khedira of this season. Bentancur will get more games and finish the season a starter.

In defense I agree the LB is still very weak. Mainly bc I can't rate Spinazzola. He seems like another mediocre italian. (fingers crossed) he will prove us wrong.

I really just don't see us go big for two fullbacks. Cancelo is an obvious aviability. Technically we would have 3 players for the LB, if Cancelo proves the real deal on the right: De Sciglio, Spinazzola, Darmian.

Ofc, all of this is as of the current transfer rumours. I'm simply trying to collect the pieces of rumoured players coming in.
:baus: I can agree with those assessments :D :tup:

I feel Buffon, Sandro, Marchisio, and possibly Mandzukic are gone.

I would like to see "The Accidental Footballer" leave, but I have a feeling we're stuck with him; apparently, Allegri values him for whatever weird reason.

Khedira may or may not leave. Rugani might be a surprise sale.

- - - Updated - - -

FUCK MARTIAL NIGGA! BERNA TO START! @Fr3sh
Go to sleep Boi.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
:baus: I can agree with those assessments :D :tup:

I feel Buffon, Sandro, Marchisio, and possibly Mandzukic are gone.

I would like to see "The Accidental Footballer" leave, but I have a feeling we're stuck with him; apparently, Allegri values him for whatever weird reason.

Khedira may or may not leave. Rugani might be a surprise sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to sleep Boi.
Is darmian better as right back or left back

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
An absolutely predictable and unsurprising mediocre Italian acquisition that Juventus sign every summer?

To be fair, so long as we don't spend much on him (and he is rotation option) I am ok with taking a chance on it. Was very against De Sciglio and he is alright.
De sciglio's injuries make him a bad investment this season. We cannot rely on him for much longer

- - - Updated - - -

Is darmian better as right back or left back
Darmian left back in the changing rooms is his best position

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #650
    De sciglio's injuries make him a bad investment this season. We cannot rely on him for much longer

- - - Updated - - -

Darmian left back in the changing rooms is his best position
    We can rely on them for back up, though.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #654
    I want starters mate. Starters!!!!
    calma BD - mercato hasn't even started yet :D

Hell, the season isn't even over :p

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me, or does Beppe start the transfer activity earlier each year?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    OK, Darmain would be a solid signing as a LB if AS leaves. certainly a downgrade but we have Spinazzola coming in as well, so those 2 rotating there would be not exactly perfect and what we were hoping for, but its OK, IF we get a upgrade at RB. lets say we have Darmain/Spianzzola sharing the playing time on the left, and Cancelo/De Sciglio on the right, that wouldnt be worse than what we currently (including the present version of AS) have. Cuadrado staying would also be a must, in addition to a CB/RB or CB/LB, since De Sciglio (22 games this season), Spinazzola (19), Darmian (9) miss games often. plus we all know our staff wont decrease that number obviously

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    calma BD - mercato hasn't even started yet :D

Hell, the season isn't even over :p

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me, or does Beppe start the transfer activity earlier each year?
    Usually we have about 4 names already confirmed before the end of the season, when the window opens is when beppe goes full retard and starts flogging our best players and then brings in one or two kids who we'll never see wear a Juve shirt again or useless squad players

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Isn't there a freebie LB somewhere that does what this guy does? How will we end up paying something like 25M combined for MDS and Darmian ffs. They do nothing above what another human being does in that position. Isn't Felipe Luis a bosman?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    Isn't there a freebie LB somewhere that does what this guy does? How will we end up paying something like 25M combined for MDS and Darmian ffs. They do nothing above what another human being does in that position. Isn't Felipe Luis a bosman?
    Filipe Luis is done as is his fibula.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)