Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He'd be a good purchase about two years ago, not now where RB position needs top quality with one top RB leaving. We are in a different phase in our progression as a club now so really, it's about time we stopped collecting scraps from all over Europe.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
He'd be a good purchase about two years ago, not now where RB position needs top quality with one top RB leaving. We are in a different phase in our progression as a club now so really, it's about time we stopped collecting scraps from all over Europe like a tier 2 team.
We are 10th in the revenue ranking and can't afford top players. I would have expected you to be mature enough to know that

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We are 10th in the revenue ranking and can't afford top players. I would have expected you to be mature enough to know that
I know you're trolling but we can do better on the RB position. Him and the De Sciglio rumors are pretty depressing.

I'm not against Douglas Costa though as I've endorsed it from the beginning but we can't keep making transfers like this hoping they get rejuvenated at our club.

Least we can do is try and buy the best talent from within the league. Players who are on an upward curve in their careers.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I know you're trolling but we can do better on the RB position. Him and the De Sciglio rumors are pretty depressing.

I'm not against Douglas Costa though as I've endorsed it from the beginning but we can't keep making transfers like this hoping they get rejuvenated at our club.

Least we can do is try and buy the best talent from within the league. Players who are on an upward curve in their careers.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Only if he dint play for Napoli :(

- - - Updated - - -

Hijack the Conti deal ffs

- - - Updated - - -

Italian that had the entire league raving about. Went abroad. Went off the radar. Seemed like a lost cause. got a bit older.
Board thinks he still has it.

That was barzagli in 2011
And that was in a much different scenario. Joined a team which was coming off two 7th place finishes compared to Darmian joining a team which is among the top 4 teams in Europe right now. Apples and oranges. Sorry we should be aiming much better and thinking he'll become a Barzagli-esque signing for us is being overly optimistic to say the least.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dusan fullback jinx ON:

I actually think Darmian is a brilliant player. I would easily consider buying him. What he showed before going to England is something amazing and IMO we'd be able to bring that quality back. I'm pretty sure he'd become one of the best RBs in Europe here with us. Signing him would be top notch. I hope we get him if it's possible.

I don't think we can buy Conti, he's a Milan player.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Only if he dint play for Napoli :(

- - - Updated - - -

Hijack the Conti deal ffs

- - - Updated - - -

And that was in a much different scenario. Joined a team which was coming off two 7th place finishes compared to Darmian joining a team which is among the top 4 teams in Europe right now. Apples and oranges. Sorry we should be aiming much better and thinking he'll become a Barzagli-esque signing for us is being overly optimistic to say the least.
Sure but we have alot of changes to make.

Schick (Higuain is nearing 30).
Nzonzi
forward options

I'd want Fabinho or Danilo for RB. But hey. Limited funds.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Dusan fullback jinx ON:

I actually think Darmian is a brilliant player. I would easily consider buying him. What he showed before going to England is something amazing and IMO we'd be able to bring that quality back. I'm pretty sure he'd become one of the best RBs in Europe here with us. Signing him would be top notch. I hope we get him if it's possible.

I'm genuinely feeling nauseous :inter:

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Dusan fullback jinx ON:

Might be a low risk acquisition for the money United paid to Torino. Anything above that would be stupid, especially considering he has been mediocre at best when he has played last season.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Not against his capture. He surely was one of the top fullbacks in Serie A prior to his departure to Premiershiit and even if his development stalled there, we seem to have this magical power to revive careers. Him or DeSciglio is satisfying enough for a squad/rotational player, not for a starter though.

Also would prefer if Beppe works for his specialty and manages to get him on loan with option, but not obligatory option, to buy at the end of the season. Even if the reports say Jose M doesnt want to sell him, I dont buy it and I am pretty sure come 1st of September Darmian would be in a different team and different league...

A good option, but nothing to be excited about. The starting RB should be of higher level. Cheers!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Even if the reports say Jose M doesnt want to sell him, I dont buy it and I am pretty sure come 1st of September Darmian would be in a different team and different league...
Only bit I agree with, you're right I don't believe Jose ever liked him but his idea of rotation because of fixture congestion forced him to play Darmian more.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)