Materazzi: Here's what I told Zidane (4 Viewers)

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
But how?Do you think the referee heard what Materazzi said?I don't think so.He got his 2 match ban in the endDespite I think provocations are normal nowadys,it happens in every football match. You must have the class&experience to ignore such stupid words&insults. And Zidane hadn't the class to ignore the insult of Materazzi,If you look at Zidane's experience he should have been more mature than headbutting him.Both actions weren't good,but THANK YOU SO MUCH MATERAZZI FOR THE WC:D.

:p:pint:
who wouldnt...IF some 1 is using the slut word on your family, do you still ignore him???

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's pretty likely that Trezeguet wouldn't have taken one. He also missed for Juventus in the 2003 CL Final, so you pretty much knew he could miss one for France as well. Besides, Zidane's actions also affected the team mentally. Not to mention we were in the 107th minute. France had to play for another 13 minutes with 10 men. That can't have been an advantage. There's no way you should forgive a player for headbutting someone in the WC final. People are biased about the Zidane/Materazzi issue and it annoys the crap out of me. Zidane was wrong, Matrix was right. It's clear as day.

Oh please, you know that's just not true. The difference between Zidane and Del Piero is that the latter would never get a red card in the final. Zidane had a great career and was a great player, but this wasn't his first act of agression.

Zidane's attitude till this day is disgusting BTW. So is FIFA's. A player has never been punished for provoking if he didn't use racial insults. But because it's Materazzi versus Zidane, Marco gets punished. The whole issue is simply ridiculous. ZIDANE FUCKED UP.

Here's what Lippi and Domenech say:
I don't give a FUCK what Lippi says here, he's biased just as every other Azzurri supporter. So what you're doing is condoning insults towards players' families, which is utterly disgusting. What is the difference between a forehead in a chest and an insult towards a family member? You know what I think? I think some of you people, particularly biased football players, think that it's just part of the game to say I fucked your mother last night. But let me tell you, it's not any part of the game compared to the Ultras in Italy or hooligans across the globe, as what they do stems from the heart and from the passion of the game. Insulting a family member on the pitch is simply classless and has no HONOR whatsoever. So congrats, "you lot" essentially won a World Cup, by your logic, with no honor whatsoever. And this is coming from a person who had hoped "you lot" would win.

I've played football over 15 years. If some little bitch insulted my family, I'd do the same, because family is closer than nationalistic ties. It surprises me you don't understand this considering you're not a patriot. Do people not have self respect anymore? Players have insulted me many a times, but they got punishment for that, whether it be a yellow, red or nothing. But apparently, most of the players I've played against have more class than a faggot named Maternazi. Perhaps you wouldn't understand this, it's obvious you're biased as FUCK here, Andries. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

The bottom line is... Maternazi insulted Zidane's sister, whom he has protected throughout his life. Zidane punished him for that, in the chest, a HONORABLE way to settle things, and he was rightfully sent off. Considering your history, you know FUCKALL about honor, son.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I would kick his ass... after the game. It's easy for us to say Zizou should have controlled himself but this was his final game. It's a shame he will be remebered by this for a long time.
I have no words for that idiot Materazi . He is just Inter-dump, what else can you expect from them.

Aug 1, 2003
I agree with you regarding the family insult, thats despicable and very Killerazzi who has no class, but in this instance it is not just about Zizou anymore. Theres the world cup at stake, his teammates, the millions of French hearts.. Zizou could've punished Killerazzi on the pitch with his football and winning the WC or perhaps settle everything after the game, anything BUT headbutting Killerazzi because the consequences of his actions affect millions. And that is unfair to those whose hearts were broken that day and honestly, reacting to Killerazzi's effed up comments is practically what Killerazzi would've wanted. Killerazzi has no class whatsoever for doing all this, but Zizou really shouldn't have done what he did.

But like I said, easier said than done, what happened, happened.

And yes, I do believe if Zizou stayed, France perhaps would've won it, and I do believe his dismissal played somewhat a significant role in France's loss. Yes they lost on penalties, but losing your captain and one man on the pitch in a WC final towards the end.. it should have its effects

Just my opinion though, each to his/her own

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
who wouldnt...IF some 1 is using the slut word on your family, do you still ignore him???
Like I said I think it's unfortunately pretty normal nowadays to insult/provoke your opponent.Maybe not that harsh like Materazzi did,but still. Personally If someone says 'I prefer your slut of a sister' to me,I guess I would insult him back or try to ignore it and be more mature.Either way I certainly wouldn't headbutt him If I consider that I'm in a WC-Finale&that it's my last game ever.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I don't give a FUCK what Lippi says here, he's biased just as every other Azzurri supporter. So what you're doing is condoning insults towards players' families, which is utterly disgusting. What is the difference between a forehead in a chest and an insult towards a family member? You know what I think? I think some of you people, particularly biased football players, think that it's just part of the game to say I fucked your mother last night. But let me tell you, it's not any part of the game compared to the Ultras in Italy or hooligans across the globe, as what they do stems from the heart and from the passion of the game. Insulting a family member on the pitch is simply classless and has no HONOR whatsoever. So congrats, "you lot" essentially won a World Cup, by your logic, with no honor whatsoever. And this is coming from a person who had hoped "you lot" would win.

I've played football over 15 years. If some little bitch insulted my family, I'd do the same, because family is closer than nationalistic ties. It surprises me you don't understand this considering you're not a patriot. Do people not have self respect anymore? Players have insulted me many a times, but they got punishment for that, whether it be a yellow, red or nothing. But apparently, most of the players I've played against have more class than a faggot named Maternazi. Perhaps you wouldn't understand this, it's obvious you're biased as FUCK here, Andries. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

The bottom line is... Maternazi insulted Zidane's sister, whom he has protected throughout his life. Zidane punished him for that, in the chest, a HONORABLE way to settle things, and he was rightfully sent off. Considering your history, you know FUCKALL about honor, son.
Couldn't say it better, Andy.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
players insult eachother all the time, and that makes it allright. if anyone insults my family I would find it very hard not to react and obviously the stress of the moment played a part in this.
Zizou shouldn't have reacted but hey this is Inter-crap we are talking about.
He should have been given a medal for this.
I like Lippi and Italy for that matter but this kind of behaviour can never be pardonned.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I see you conveniently skipped Domenech's commentary. You can't just leave out arguments you can't respond to.

There's a cultural problem here I see. Insulting in Europe, particularly in Italy, is more of a game. There's simply no actual value attached to it. It's exactly what Tim Parks tells you in A Season With Verona, if you have read it. Insulting is a game in the game. And Zizou lost.

What you also fail to see by the way is that it was Zizou who started the whole damn thing. It was Zizou who didn't respect Materazzi. He was being cocky towards him and Materazzi responded. If you don't want someone to insult you, you shouldn't insult him first.

And you know what? If someone tells me he'd like to fuck my sister, I tell him the exact same. Do I strike him down? No FFS. What kind of barbarian act is that anyway. You'd want to go back to 14th century Italy I see, where families rule and fight each other over things they don't even remember.

What Zidane did was neither honorable (he started the whole incident) nor intelligent (he got sent off). You keep telling us bullshit, Andy, just because you like Zidane.

You can bitch all you want, but your guy got sent off and my team won the WC, so I'm not going to feel bad about it. Cheers, Matrix.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
What you also fail to see by the way is that it was Zizou who started the whole damn thing. It was Zizou who didn't respect Materazzi. He was being cocky towards him and Materazzi responded. If you don't want someone to insult you, you shouldn't insult him first.
If you want to start using this type of logic, I think you should say that materazzi grabbed his shirt first, so it was not Zidane who started that.

You can bitch all you want, but your guy got sent off and my team won the WC, so I'm not going to feel bad about it. Cheers, Matrix.
We know that if you look at it from a pragmatic perspective, you'll see that Materazzi won the round, but you can apply the same logic at the case of a thief who stole a bank. In the end of the day, he has a huge fortune, but did he deserve it??

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If you want to start using this type of logic, I think you should say that materazzi grabbed his shirt first, so it was not Zidane who started that.

We know that if you look at it from a pragmatic perspective, you'll see that Materazzi won the round, but you can apply the same logic at the case of a thief who stole a bank. In the end of the day, he has a huge fortune, but did he deserve it??
Italy did win to deserve the WC, yes. They were a lot better than France throughout the tournament and France only scored in a final because of a very very dubious penalty call.

Oh, shirt grabbing is not part of the game anymore? My bad;

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
What ? Do you know how many times a shirt gets pulled during any match...

There's a big difference on subject here. This is football, not a crime robbery hence the logic changes.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53
    Vieira: I hate Materazzi
    Sunday 19 August, 2007

Patrick Vieira may be Marco Materazzi’s Inter teammate, but that doesn’t mean they’re friends. “I will never sit at a table with him.”

The furore over that infamous Zinedine Zidane head butt has flared up again ahead of the September 8 Euro 2008 qualifier with France.

Above all, now Matrix has finally revealed what he said to spark off that reaction from the former Juventus star, Vieira has rushed to Zizou’s defence.

“I think Materazzi is a great player who had an excellent World Cup and scored a goal in the Final,” said Vieira in an interview on French television TF1.

“There are those who love him and those who hate him. I will only say that, as far as I am concerned, I will never sit at a dinner table with him.”

Considering the two players have been teammates at Inter for a year and won the Scudetto together, that is an extremely damning statement to give to the Press.

The ex-Arsenal legend also had problems in the past with another Nerazzurri figure, assistant manager Sinisa Mihajlovic, but seems to have put that behind him.

France boss Raymond Domenech, who has been called by UEFA to provide proof of his allegations that Italy “bought the referee” in an Under-21 match in 1999, cranked up the tension further.

“That story has made a lot of noise over there,” Vieira told the French media. “They are trying to increase the tension because this game on September 8 is very important to them. It’s more decisive for Italy than France, as they absolutely cannot afford to lose.”

The two sides are battling for the leadership of Group B and a victory would catapult the Azzurri to the top spot.

“We must remain concentrated on the field and not think about anything else. I am not surprised they chose San Siro as the venue, this is a mythical stadium where there will be 80,000 fans.”

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Then give me one example of a player who has been punished for something along the lines of what Materazzi said.
    That's why I said nobody ever is punished, though it IS in the rules. You actually can't use foul language of any kind to anybody. They enforce this type of shit in US kids games, it's how I got carded :p

Not to mention, there's also a clause that the referee can do whatever he seems is fit in his opinion. That would mean that it's entirely legal for him to kick Materazzi in the balls if he so felt the urge.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    That's why I said nobody ever is punished, though it IS in the rules. You actually can't use foul language of any kind to anybody. They enforce this type of shit in US kids games, it's how I got carded :p

Not to mention, there's also a clause that the referee can do whatever he seems is fit in his opinion. That would mean that it's entirely legal for him to kick Materazzi in the balls if he so felt the urge.
    FIFA might think they're all powerful, but there's such a thing as penal law :D.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    FIFA might think they're all powerful, but there's such a thing as penal law :D.
    Actually, this is as I've heard, never seen any evidence to back it up: I've been told that injuries and certain forms of assault when sport-related aren't fully punishable by civil laws. That might be bullshit, but who knows :D

And when has penal law ever punished somebody for kicking someone in the balls? Especially somebody who has no understanding of how to style his sideburns?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Actually, this is as I've heard, never seen any evidence to back it up: I've been told that injuries and certain forms of assault when sport-related aren't fully punishable by civil laws. That might be bullshit, but who knows :D

And when has penal law ever punished somebody for kicking someone in the balls? Especially somebody who has no understanding of how to style his sideburns?
    That's the case when they happen by accident and even then you wouldn't always get away with it. In Holland professional football players have had to pay serious fines because of rash tackles in the past, because they basically robbed an other man's bread by hurting him.

There's no reason why a couple of chalk lines should change society.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Seven, all I'm saying, if you came up in the 510 and uttered some shit like that, you would get straight blasted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)