Mateo Kovačić - CM - Real Madrid (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This guy has the potential to become our Verratti. Ok, I am exaggerating, but he is very good, and still quite young :D

- - - Updated - - -

From Wikipedia :p

Kovačić has been described as a great technician with excellent dribbling abilities.[60][61][62] He is considered to be a versatile midfielder, having played in different midfield positions. He started off as an attacking midfielder at Dinamo Zagreb, but he transformed his game at Inter where he was deployed as a deep-lying playmaker while being coached by Andrea Stramaccioni.[61] One of his trademarks is dropping deep to receive the ball and then driving forward, often performing his slalom runs.[61] Under the coach, Walter Mazzarri, he was often used in a more advanced position.

The Croatia under-17 manager, Martin Novoselac, reportedly said of Kovačić, "I haven't seen a youngster with so much talent since the days of Robert Prosinečki," referring to his fast development and talent.[5][8] Kovačić revealed that precisely Prosinečki is the player he admired the most while growing up.[63] His compatriot, Zvonimir Boban, who played for Milan for over a decade, in an interview with Sky Italia (in 2013) said, "He has talents that could make him even better than me, he is an incredibly serious professional for someone his age. Kovačić is a complete player. He is not a born regista but he is playing there now. He is a complete talent that can still grow — he has incredible potential."[64] Italian manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, described him as "a mixture of Kaká and Clarence Seedorf", because of his style of play and technical characteristics.[65] Long-time Inter captain Javier Zanetti stated that, with the exception of Ronaldo, who had arrived to Inter when he was 21, Kovačić was the most promising youngster he had seen in his 19 years at the club.[66]

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Let's just cut the charade and get him in here quick. He's always going to end up here. Young, talented, discount price and comfortable already in Serie A. Marotta is salivating.

BTW, this guy is the best CM we've been linked to so far. Comfortably ahead of Matuidi for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)