Matías Soulé (40 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Most of those were played becase we had no options.

Bar some crazy talent when we get them or pay a lot for them, like Pogba or de Ligt, we never gave youth much chance. Ot has nothing to do with Allegri but Juventus.

Out of hundreds of players we bought we sent on loans and we only brought Giovinco and Marchisio back. We are simply not a club that develops young players. It's also an Italian old school way of thiking where even 25yo is considered too young.

The old lady name makes sense.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... We are simply not a club that develops young players...
that has been the case since i've been following juve. it's not an allegri thing at all. our only homegrown legend is marchisio, with del piero joining us very early in his career.

but allegri

the criticism is warranted this season for not being able to make the team and especially the attack work, but when it comes to youth players, allegri is just an other pragmatic coach who plays his best players, whether they are young or not

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
tenor.gif

Let me ask you a question, which young player Allegri gave a chance more than that odd sub here and there?

And by the way, I don't think this is on Allegri. It's incriprted on Juventus walls. No matter what manager arrives it will be the same.
I don't think thats very fair to Allegri. He is not a very youth-oriented manager, but he also gives good playing time when there are interesting youngsters imo.

Kean was 18 or 19 when he got significant game time for us the first time around and it earned him a 30m move to the PL

I remember El Shaarawy and De Sciglio were teenagers when they broke through with Allegri at Milan.

Dybala was 21 or 22 when he joined and was an instant started for Allegri, same for De Ligt.

Rugani iirc was like 21 or 22 and he carved a lot of game time in his first two seasons or so back when he was promising. Same for Bentancur.

Then there are lots of ~23yo that are/were starters for him like Locatelli, Chiesa, Can, Bernardeschi, etc.

I do hope he brings more minutes to younger players since some of the established ones are so disappointing.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Pogba, Dybala, Morata, Sturaro, Coman, Lemina, Rugani (21 app in his first season), Bentancur

And many of them have no place in a Juventus team.
Pogba exploded because Conte was forced to field him due to a Marchisio injury.
Dybala was bought after having a stellar season with Palermo. He was bought to be first team player.
Morata too.
Coman left because of lack of proper playing time

The rest can fuck off. They were played here and there as I said

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't think thats very fair to Allegri. He is not a very youth-oriented manager, but he also gives good playing time when there are interesting youngsters imo.

Kean was 18 or 19 when he got significant game time for us the first time around and it earned him a 30m move to the PL

I remember El Shaarawy and De Sciglio were teenagers when they broke through with Allegri at Milan.

Dybala was 21 or 22 when he joined and was an instant started for Allegri, same for De Ligt.

Rugani iirc was like 21 or 22 and he carved a lot of game time in his first two seasons or so back when he was promising. Same for Bentancur.

Then there are lots of ~23yo that are/were starters for him like Locatelli, Chiesa, Can, Bernardeschi, etc.

I do hope he brings more minutes to younger players since some of the established ones are so disappointing.
Yeah I mean Allegri supposedly rates Fagioli as the next big thing at Juve yet he shipped him out on loan and will probably ship him out again next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 35)