out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well… if he keeps his record of purchases then don’t expect much upgrading
Meh, won't even go there any further. He had time nor money to buy anyone decent.

I think realism is needed. Improvement doesn't exactly mean semi-finals in the CL and a Scudetto bid either. This will take time.

I'd be happy if our overall gameplay improves massively and we get through the group stage for starters. Then we'll see.

decfro

Jul 3, 2009
Well, with the CL, world cup, a capital increase and a Rabiot-Pogba salary cleaning, we should be more than capable of upgrading the squad. Giuntoli's move.

Now get that CL ticket ASAP.
don't forget sandro as well, that's a good amount of money to save and spend, maybe the keeper as well which is a lot of money, so we will see what Giuntoli does wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

the funny thing its that with Allegri gone, that only fix one of the symthoms but we dont fix our disease... If things keep the same next year at this time we will see the "(Insert coach name) out" once again...
this coach is the disease, you excise him and you repair the damage, with a new coach, different approach and plan, and modern football, as opposed to what we have now.This will take time maybe a couple of years but we'll seen in may-june when and if they give bozo the boot.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
if atalanta win all of their remaining games they'd have 72 points. but they won't as they still have el and are dropping points left and right lately

it's safe to say that 70 would be enough. that's 6 points from 5 games. if we beat salernitana and monza then we're probably good
I would say even less than that. I don't see Roma or Atalanta keeping up the pace especially with EL semis coming up.

Roma play Leverkusen and JJ in the same week. If we didn't have this spineless coach in charge, that game would be an opportunity to sneak a point or even a win but we all know how Allegro is going to set this team up for that game.

Roma's schedule is actually pretty brutal. Bologna, JJ, Milan, Napoli, Atalanta, Genoa, Udinese and Empoli. So they'll be playing all their CL spot rivals in these last few games.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

:sergio:

Because keeping him is clearly working, isn't it?
it usually doesn't work.

nothing has to do with allegri so needless to go on an other daily meltdown. just read this without thinking about allegri:

again, for you and other slow ones: it is not about allegri. changing coaches sometimes works, but more often than not, it doesn't. there's an usual short string of positive results, and then the squad is back to its average. the book i often refer to (the numbers game) has a dedicated subchapter on it which confirms the same as the above tweet.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
it usually doesn't work.

nothing has to do with allegri so needless to go on an other daily meltdown. just read this without thinking about allegri:

again, for you and other slow ones: it is not about allegri. changing coaches sometimes works, but more often than not, it doesn't. there's an usual short string of positive results, and then the squad is back to its average. the book i often refer to (the numbers game) has a dedicated subchapter on it which confirms the same as the above tweet.
The account I quoted is notorious for his pro-Allegri stance, always has been. This is pure cope. With the amount of damage that Allegri has done to this club in the space of 3 years, what is there left to lose by changing coaches at this point? It's pointless making comparisons with la liga or premier league clubs; the turnover of coaches there is high due to the higher stakes there and the general impulsiveness of the fans whose tolerance for poor form is far lower than ours. The respective managements of these clubs fold to the pressure from the fans and the media very easily (remember Super League?), firing coaches on a whim mid-season, usually without formulating any plan going forward without said manager.
But we aren't like that, or at least not anymore. I believe Allegri has kept his position because the management didn't want to be as rash as they were with Sarri and Pirlo. So they gave him more time, gave him more benefit of the doubt in the process. But nothing has changed after all this time. We have allowed the rot to manifest for 3 years. At this point what other option is there to fire him? The next coach will come without guarantees but the odds of actually improving are far greater than by keeping this fraud.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Well, with the CL, world cup, a capital increase and a Rabiot-Pogba salary cleaning, we should be more than capable of upgrading the squad. Giuntoli's move.

Now get that CL ticket ASAP.
Do all 4 (or 5) CL spots qualify automatically? Or do any need to go through the qualifying rounds?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
it usually doesn't work.

Those numbers aren’t surprising. I just take issue with people saying it never works. In our case, I suspect it won’t work at least in the short and medium term because as others have found it takes time to break bad habits. I would hope the new coach would be given more than a year, unlike Pirlo. Success takes time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 43, Guests: 297)