out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Oh wow. Take a look at that... A normal human being with a sign of intelligence. Refreshing.

I guess I see things differently. I can see that our opinion differs when it comes to our squad. I generally think our squad is nowhere near ready to compete for the title. You're right, Inter are on another level, complete even. But i'm not so sure our team is any better than Milan, Atalanta, Roma, or even Napoli.
I think, and this was my opinion before the season started, that we would have a hard time qualifying for cl with this squad. Mind you, I was expecting both Napoli and Milan to do better.

A football team is made up of players with certain characteristics. And the sum of our characteristics isn't sexy. Very few players in our team are even capable and comfortable with the ball at their feet. Except maybe Yildiz. There's no way to play attacking football here, unless you're willing to bypass the midfield entirely. This will be just as much of a problem for Motta, as it is for Allegri.
Our squad has been very poorly built in the last couple of years. We've been broke, and we've had to lower our wage bill. Relying on youth from next gen.
This is for example what makes Marotta as good as he is. We've had zero vision for a pretty long time now when it comes to putting a team together.

Changing a coach doesn't solve our problems i believe. It might change our style a bit, but last time we tried something like that, it went horribly.
If we don't strengthen considerably, even Guardiola would have a difficult time here. That's my opinion.

Kudos to you for being able to discuss different opinions without turning into a teenager with troubles.
Refreshing. This sub could use more of people like you.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I mean... teenager with troubles.
It would serve this forum well if there was an age restriction. Or some kind of bot test to filter out the nonsense
I agree - a new coach might have worse results but since these arent acceptable a replacement is needed.
Its true that it could go even worse like not qualifying but on the other option is it could go better.
Allegri didnt set the bar high and I believe the chances of us not qualifying are slim and most coaches should attain that.

As for Napoli's downfall - They were on the decline even if it is still a surprise.
Bologna on the other hand entered the scene as this year's Napoli (I mean the usual one who fight for top 4) so you could argue it cancels each other

Jun 27, 2011
This team isn't just struggling against Roma, Milan, etc exclusively. It is struggling against the minnows. This argument holds 0 water. He isn't somehow getting more out of the team than others would. He has no plan and no leadership over the squad. There are no tacitcs. It is sit back and hope someone bounces the ball off someone to score.
We play variation of 3-5-2. When we defend, we often go 5-4-1. In attack, we expand. McKennie takes his forward runs. Chiesa goes wide while Vlahovic comes deep.
I can go into further details, or simplify it further if you want to. But that's an example of a tactic.

Just because we sit deep, doesn't mean we're not using a tactic.

You could argue that you don't like the tactic. But that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree - a new coach might have worse results but since these arent acceptable a replacement is needed.
Its true that it could go even worse like not qualifying but on the other option is it could go better.
Allegri didnt set the bar high and I believe the chances of us not qualifying are slim and most coaches should attain that.

As for Napoli's downfall - They were on the decline even if it is still a surprise.
Bologna on the other hand entered the scene as this year's Napoli (I mean the usual one who fight for top 4) so you could argue it cancels each other
I don't agree that Allegri didn't set the bar high. We found ourselves in title contention with Inter until reality hit. We had been running on false hopes due to us overperforming. But when reality hit, it became difficult to pick up again. Season was essentially over. Players were down. What we had been fighting for was over.

I agree that results have been over the top awful recently. But as long as we qualify, it's a season overall successful in my view. Objective complete.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
if we played like we did in the first half i'd say it was an acceptable match

2nd half though, shameful, unacceptable, painful, not worthy of the history of the club. i don't mind defensive minded football, i love troll wins, but completely giving up on attacking and scoring shouldn't be tolerated

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

With another capital increase, CL and the world cup next season we should have some cash to spend... Especially since we also have some (younger) players of actual value to sell nowadays like Iling Jr for example.

Therefor I don't think we should worry about CL qualification and just gamble on a fresh air anyhow. It's more than needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 153)