out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We have had the largest revenue and the largest wage bill for about a decade now, how is that third financially? Wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

How we use our finances are up to us. If Atalanta decided to raise Carnesecchi's salary to 7.5m/year, Toloi's to 6m a year and then had to sell a player every summer for 25m+ to fund that, it wouldnt make them poorer financially, they'd only be poor in the way they manage their resources (which they do exceptionally well, if you look at points earned / millions spent on wages, they're consistently light years ahead of everyone).
Which is exactly what hurt us.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri won Serie A, Pirlo won Coppa, Supercoppa and qualified for UCL too. Both were fired. Rightfully so. The next guy comes and all he has to show for 2 seasons is UCL qualification. For w/e fucked up reason- some people are happy with the results.
We'll see what this season brings. But so far we have Tottenham's achievements off "putting pressure on the winners" and "comming very close that one time".
Not to win at least Coppa this year would be a monumental failure.
Man, o man, you really ignore the downward spiral of the team and the circumstances right?

Why not compare with Lippi or Capello?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Why not compare with Lippi...?
i wonder how tuz would look like in late '98 (or early '99) when lippi, arguably the best coach of the world back then, drops to 9th place after losing ONE key player when del piero tore his acl. and that juventus just won 3 of the previous 4 league seasons

i think you can't even compare last 2 years's starting 11's to any of the 9 scudetto winning teams, there's such a huge gap in quality

magician

Oct 22, 2022
i wonder how tuz would look like in late '98 (or early '99) when lippi, arguably the best coach of the world back then, drops to 9th place after losing ONE key player when del piero tore his acl. and that juventus just won 3 of the previous 4 league seasons

i think you can't even compare last 2 years's starting 11's to any of the 9 scudetto winning teams, there's such a huge gap in quality
We still almost got to the 4th cl final that season though, losing to historic Fergie Yanited team in the semi.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Timing is important too. Not to diminish Allegri, but in my lifetime watching Conte win his first after Inter had won consecutive titles after Calciopoli was a massive achievement. Lippi's competition was tough, there were so many teams back then with exceptional players that could win games alone. Difficult to compare, Italian teams were very good in Europe too.

Napoli did great last year, but they had little pressure from anyone. This year Inter have kept an extremely high pace, but for once the pressure is on them more than us being expected to win.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Timing is important too. Not to diminish Allegri, but in my lifetime watching Conte win his first after Inter had won consecutive titles after Calciopoli was a massive achievement. Lippi's competition was tough, there were so many teams back then with exceptional players that could win games alone. Difficult to compare, Italian teams were very good in Europe too.
inda have already lost the title to milan before conte won his first, good points otherwise. difficult to compare indeed. context matters a lot, and that includes the strength of the opponents and the quality of the squad too, which are hard to quantify

let's consider only points. now we're at 49 points after the 20th round. conte's unbeaten team had 44 points at the same stage. which one was/is more impressive? i bet that the majority (me included) would vote for conte's juve because of the context.

or an other one. allegri last season: 72 points (38 games, 1.92 ppg). lippi '97: 65 points (34 games, 1.91 ppg). lol

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
If we had some stupid transfers and dumped money like Chelsea have the past few windows then transfer spending would be exactly what hurt us. Doesnt make us or Chelsea financially poorer than the rest, the mgmt of those finances is poor.
The wage bill is what it is. You can bring it down over the years but not in one window by resetting and beginning again like it's a computer game. The discussion is Allegri here; and his teams in the final years did not have money to invest because of those dumb spendings in the years beforehand.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Napoli did great last year, but they had little pressure from anyone. This year Inter have kept an extremely high pace, but for once the pressure is on them more than us being expected to win.
You understand it was Allegri’s Milan that broke Inter’s streak of dominance, right? Lol

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
You understand it was Allegri’s Milan that broke Inter’s streak of dominance, right? Lol
My bad. My point was that Conte transformed us tactically, gave us a winning mentality, and squeezed our squad to perform so far above what we witnessed the season before. While Allegri is a better tactical coach, he has only now instilled a winning mentality to an extent, and is getting them to perform. It's been a long and slow road with Allegri 2.0, I'd have had Conte fix us in a season then moved ahead with someone else.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
My bad. My point was that Conte transformed us tactically, gave us a winning mentality, and squeezed our squad to perform so far above what we witnessed the season before. While Allegri is a better tactical coach, he has only now instilled a winning mentality to an extent, and is getting them to perform. It's been a long and slow road with Allegri 2.0, I'd have had Conte fix us in a season then moved ahead with someone else.
Conte's hand is undeniable of course but for me; Pirlo was an even greater factor. Don't forget he also got Vidal, Vucinic, Lichtsteiner, Caceres, etc. None of this was possible 2 years ago. There's no comparing those 2 situations...

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Typical Conte fanboy lol.
Just like the people who say our 2014-15 was because of Conte.
Conte is a builder of teams and Allegri takes built teams to a higher level. Conte should've come after Pirlo, then Allegri later. If Conte comes at the end of Allegri 2.0, I don't see him doing much better if that makes sense. It doesn't change my opinion that we should ditch both of them and start developing a modern attacking style, trying foreign coaches, etc.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Conte is a builder of teams and Allegri takes built teams to a higher level. Conte should've come after Pirlo, then Allegri later. If Conte comes at the end of Allegri 2.0, I don't see him doing much better if that makes sense. It doesn't change my opinion that we should ditch both of them and start developing a modern attacking style, trying foreign coaches, etc.
Lmao, how did Conte build 2016/17 team that reached the final? There were 8 different players in our 1st 11. Allegri is currently building another team, the one challenging for the title.

Jun 27, 2011
Lmao. Conte most likely would've already ran away crying after his first season because we wouldn't have been able to buy the players he wanted. That's what he does.

The man behaved like a baby. And he also went to Inter.

No thanks.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Lmao, how did Conte build 2016/17 team that reached the final? There were 8 different players in our 1st 11. Allegri is currently building another team, the one challenging for the title.
the way i see it is he built the winning mentality and the win at all costs mentality plus the dreaded 3 cbs always back into a team that till then had cuck dna from last 4 seasons and looked like it was never fading away.

there is not a single person here who would have told u at beginning of conte's first season that he was going to win serie a undefeated and go for 3 back to back titles. not a single person saw the dominance of conte's team destroying serie a and setting record for most points in serie a.

this foundation was priceless and set the players under conte and future players after conte up for success. the winning mentality was established by then and it was conte's environment that you could see even in allegri's juve. the back 3. the wing backs. the keep possesson and play from back. that foundation never changed till later.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 32, Guests: 179)