out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 22, 2009
I read this title in Football Italia: Allegri: "Juventus afraid of conceding a goal"
I assumed that he will criticize his players for defending in numbers. Then I see that he said this:

"The best thing is that after conceding straight after taking the lead, see against Frosinone and Genoa, the team has returned to being afraid of conceding a goal. When you are afraid of conceding a goal, you defend with greater concentration."
He is a master class troll, the guys moaning in this thread ain't got shit on him, can only learn

Buy on AliExpress.com

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Posts like these makes me realize how many truly don't understand what football is all about.
Posts like these make me realise how people just write the most substance-less shit thinking that they actually mean something.

- - - Updated - - -

This has nothing to do with Allegri. Loving the tears so far. Keep going :baus:
There'll be plenty of tears here, particularly from your kind, when it becomes evident that year after year we are just stagnating and sliding into irrelevance on the world stage. Some of us have already realised that. You're just a bit slow, that's all. You'll come round eventually.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Have to say here that not playing European football is a blessing in disguise.
Well this is the thing though, isn't it? Once we return to a packed schedule, and once we start playing against top flight European clubs again, our weaknesses will become apparent. These performances can get you past the Romas and Cagliari's of the league, it won't get you past the group stages of the UCL, as last year demonstrated perfectly. Unless of course we're content with merely beating Italian minnows.

We can complain all we want about the players but ultimately this team should be reaching the knockouts minimum. If fricking Milan can reach the semis under Pioli then there's no justification for our current shortcomings.

magician

Oct 22, 2022
Posts like these make me realise how people just write the most substance-less shit thinking that they actually mean something.

- - - Updated - - -

There'll be plenty of tears here, particularly from your kind, when it becomes evident that year after year we are just stagnating and sliding into irrelevance on the world stage. Some of us have already realised that. You're just a bit slow, that's all. You'll come round eventually.
Stagnation would be when we were winning 3-0 vs Barca in Europe before losing finals again... losing and drawing to Monza and Haifa is a regression.

Jun 16, 2020
Well this is the thing though, isn't it? Once we return to a packed schedule, and once we start playing against top flight European clubs again, our weaknesses will become apparent. These performances can get you past the Romas and Cagliari's of the league, it won't get you past the group stages of the UCL, as last year demonstrated perfectly. Unless of course we're content with merely beating Italian minnows.

We can complain all we want about the players but ultimately this team should be reaching the knockouts minimum. If fricking Milan can reach the semis under Pioli then there's no justification for our current shortcomings.
There are shortcomings but there are improvements aswel. If we look to a 12-month timeframe you definitely see progression. This Juve would beat the Juve of a year ago.

By the way I don’t see a correlation between Milan’s performances last year and ours shortcomings this year. I could use a other narrative saying that we go head-to-head with the CL finalist of last year, all of it really isn’t relevant though.

What remains relevant for me is that we see some line of progression, and for me it’s easily seeable. That doesn’t mean that we’re at the level we’d like to be, there’s still a lot to improve, but for the first time in years it seems that we’re on the positive side of things.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
You two have spent the last 3 hours ranting about Allegri and his so-called “throaters” after we beat Roma without much of a struggle to go on 43 pts from 18 matches. That’s a 91 pt pace for the season. After having a big fat zero summer mercato. And while using numerous young players cutting their teeth in top flite for the first time. Will we finish on 90+ pts? Seems unlikely, but who knows. However, to call the results of the first half of the season anything other than a resounding success makes one a whiny pussy of the worst sort.
Being 1st is resounding success. If you are not in 1st place with 43pts after 18 matches, it shows the current level/competitiveness of the league more than anything.
Btw, it's unlikely that we will finish with 90+ pts, because we all know we were a bit lucky with those 1-0's so far. Let's not get carried away...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing original in your doomsday predictions. It is the same story I've been hearing for the past 10 years or so around here. Broken clock is accurate twice a day. Every club will go through cycles so the fact that you have been parroting this drivel for a while doesnt mean you have some deeper understanding. What a lot of people can see this season is a progress, both in number of points and a game plan. We are aware of the current limitations whithin the team. However, we can accept that and enjoy the present.

- - - Updated - - -

Being 1st is resounding success. If you are not in 1st place with 43pts after 18 matches, it shows the current level/competitiveness of the league more than anything.
Btw, it's unlikely that we will finish with 90+ pts, because we all know we were a bit lucky with those 1-0's so far. Let's not get carried away...
The guy just broke a league record with a number of 1-0 wins. After some point, it's not a luck any more.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
There is nothing original in your doomsday predictions. It is the same story I've been hearing for the past 10 years or so around here. Broken clock is accurate twice a day. Every club will go through cycles so the fact that you have been parroting this drivel for a while doesnt mean you have some deeper understanding. What a lot of people can see this season is a progress, both in number of points and a game plan. We are aware of the current limitations whithin the team. However, we can accept that and enjoy the present.
I am happy with the amount of points we managed to collect so far and the team actually looks like a team again - which is great. But with the gameplan? Not so much. Still mostly looks like just don't concede and hope for the best to me.

Agree with the rest. It's not about lowering expectations, it's just being realistic. This is not a must win the scudetto kinda squad by any means - however it should be good enough to put up a fight and perhaps more, fingers crossed.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I am happy with the amount of points we managed to collect so far and the team actually looks like a team again - which is great. But with the gameplan? Not so much. Still mostly looks like just don't concede and hope for the best to me.

Agree with the rest. It's not about lowering expectations, it's just being realistic. This is not a must win the scudetto kinda squad by any means - however it should be good enough to put up a fight and perhaps more, fingers crossed.
Allegri did try to change things with a high pressing open style of game till the Sassuolo game but now we are back to the juve of old with defensive solidity and collective team effort.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The AIA (referee's association) admits that Arnautovic's goal against Genoa shouldn't have stood.There might be some disciplinary action against the var referee.[@capuanogio)
What happened - I havent watched Inter so I just know there was an issue but not exactly the issue itself.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The AIA (referee's association) admits that Arnautovic's goal against Genoa shouldn't have stood.There might be some disciplinary action against the var referee.[@capuanogio)
Yeah all very well admitting these things after the game. And then giving a suspension to the refs does fuck all to fix it

- - - Updated - - -

What happened - I havent watched Inter so I just know there was an issue but not exactly the issue itself.
Genoa defender got pushed in the back by an inter player that lead to the goal

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Not sure if serious.
Calm your tits. I wasnt suggesting that we should reach the semis. Dare I suggest that Juve should be aiming higher than 3rd place in a group stage. Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Stagnation would be when we were winning 3-0 vs Barca in Europe before losing finals again... losing and drawing to Monza and Haifa is a regression.
Precisely. Once upon a time we used to draw the line at losing to Lyon in the knockouts. Now 2nd place and losing to jewish farmers is "just part of the rebuilding process".

- - - Updated - - -

What remains relevant for me is that we see some line of progression, and for me it’s easily seeable. That doesn’t mean that we’re at the level we’d like to be, there’s still a lot to improve, but for the first time in years it seems that we’re on the positive side of things
I'm not denying that there is "progression" (if you want to call it that), even if I believe a lot of it is down to luck and winning by the skin of our teeth. There's a difference between appreciating the moment and viewing it as some kind of affirmation of Allegri for the long term, which many here seem to be doing. Part of me believes it's trolling because there's no way they can be this thick.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The guy just broke a league record with a number of 1-0 wins. After some point, it's not a luck any more.
Your problem is that you lack foresight and would rather sacrifice the long term welfare of this club just so you can enjoy winding up people in the present over meaningless victories. We're not "progressing" in theory, we are only "progressing" relative to Allegri's mistakes in the previous years that have brought us down to this level in the first place. So in that sense we're merely in a correction phase. Two steps backward, one step forward. This doesn't warrant all this jubilant celebration, not from a serious fanbase at least.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Your problem is that you lack foresight and would rather sacrifice the long term welfare of this club just so you can enjoy winding up people in the present over meaningless victories. We're not "progressing" in theory, we are only "progressing" relative to Allegri's mistakes in the previous years that have brought us down to this level. So in that sense we're merely in a correction phase. Two steps backward, one step forward. This isn't a cause for jubilant celebration.
Meaningless victories. :lol2:

No kiddo, Ive simply seen too many seasons and have more patience than younger fans. This club went through several cycles along the way.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's exactly what this is though, a correctional season. Was always going to be. Those expecting us to go from shit to champagne in one season can't be considered the serious fan base. We could always play better, be more attacking, different formation, whatever suits your own subjective choice. The point this season is winning the fricking games, and that is what we are largely doing. There are no meaningless victories in a league season.

If we're in the same situation this time next year then it's a different story, but we know how Allegri is. We might have a more attacking formation or style but it isn't going to be the kind of football a percentage of fans are going to want. Plus we'd have Euro football as well so it would be a different animal anyway.

tl;dr - Allegriphobes are never going to be happy so discussion is mostly circular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 144)