out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's exactly what this is though, a correctional season. Was always going to be. Those expecting us to go from shit to champagne in one season can't be considered the serious fan base. We could always play better, be more attacking, different formation, whatever suits your own subjective choice. The point this season is winning the fricking games, and that is what we are largely doing. There are no meaningless victories in a league season.

If we're in the same situation this time next year then it's a different story, but we know how Allegri is. We might have a more attacking formation or style but it isn't going to be the kind of football a percentage of fans are going to want. Plus we'd have Euro football as well so it would be a different animal anyway.

tl;dr - Allegriphobes are never going to be happy so discussion is mostly circular.
To be fair, some of you guys say the same thing season after season regardless of results. Every year is rebuilding. Then once results get stale again, we’re back to square one and there’s always some excuse for our poor excuse for football. I like how you preemptively called out Euro football as a disclaimer for future years to lessen the blow. It’s not our fault (our meaning the “Allegriphobes” in general) that we always play poorly and have to suffer watching this year after year. Even some of the worst teams put in a good performance time to time. It’s not subjective to say that trying for 1-0’s every match, both at home and abroad, isn’t a sustainable strategy in modern football. It works until it doesn’t, and that doesn’t will probably come at some point this year.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
To be fair, some of you guys say the same thing season after season regardless of results. Every year is rebuilding. Then once results get stale again, we’re back to square one and there’s always some excuse for our poor excuse for football. I like how you preemptively called out Euro football as a disclaimer for future years to lessen the blow. It’s not our fault (our meaning the “Allegriphobes” in general) that we always play poorly and have to suffer watching this year after year. Even some of the worst teams put in a good performance time to time. It’s not subjective to say that trying for 1-0’s every match, both at home and abroad, isn’t a sustainable strategy in modern football. It works until it doesn’t, and that doesn’t will probably come at some point this year.
This arguement is completely numb after everything that happened last season. Simple as that. No one in the right state of mind could expect anything more from Juve than we are doing now. We'll debate "doesn't" if/when it happens. Our future doesn't depend on the scudetto, at least not majorly. It does on qualifying for the CL.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
hahah im picturing some guy crying while typing this. Thanks for the laugh.
I must say, Im living rentfree in the exact heads that I expected to. They are quite spacious too, obviously Allegri drilled them well.

Anyways, its the easiest thing to do, to throw random internet insults and spam 10 pages calling out people, as most of the Allegri fans did after a victory. None of "us" came to complain or diminish the result. But with that specific poster (may he recover well) you could tell from his posts, that he was actually fired up and meant it. He was fumingly mad inside (thats how I see stitch too, super serious, contrary to PI who is mostly trolling) and is most likely a real lunatic and a danger for society. Hence he should obviously be banned from this site and referred with a hyperlink to a ward, by any considerable mod.

Regarding Allegri, where I stand and always did: Im counting the days till he is fired and replaced by a decent modern coach. I dont like his tactics, I feel we have gathered enough evidence over the years of multiple shortcomings, especially regarding attack, positive mentality that can win in Europe (as opposed to 1-0 obsession). Also his squad building Im not fond of. Almost no-one likes our current crop of players anymore and most dont even watch the games.

So far since he has come back it has been 2 seasons of absolute disaster and record breaking fiasco. This season its going better, based on points and based on defensive/mental strength. However I still dont see how Allegri will further improve from here (given the history and shortcomings mentioned).
Id like to see actual smooth attacking patterns, a clear strategy, coordinated pressing, counters, confidence, bravery, instead of having 30-45% possession against small sides in Serie A. Else I dont believe it will translate well when we face teams in Europe.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It doubt I would have been saying it's a rebuilding season every season, but there are degrees of it because of failures. The Pirlo gamble and loss of Ronaldo means you have to temper expectations a little. Finishing 4th in those seasons means that we aren't automatically expected to finish 1st every season like we did for basically a decade. Last season everything went against us, it was a farce. Ordinarily if we'd finished 4th twice Allegri would certainly have been sacked but the context of our circumstances (the deduction, loss of CL football and change of management) meant sticking with a reference point and so far it has worked. We're well on target to achieve what we need.

I mean, it's pretty obvious that not playing in Europe is helping us as it does any team. Same as it did in Conte's first season. Who knows without that where we'd have been over that decade. We'd have dropped more points this season with it. European football is also played differently to Serie A, so there would be tactical changes, and more rotation of the squad, probably more injuries because of fixture congestion. It's a completely different season when you play in Europe to not.

Ultimately how many times are we going to say the same thing that we could play better and no one likes us playing for 1-0 wins? But it is sustainable for this season that we need it for, it's been half a season now and it's not a fluke, it's not luck that some try to make out. What we do next season or the next 5 I'm not going to predict.

Last edited:

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
None of "us" came to complain or diminish the result.
This. No one actually came here to complain. Like I said, we can celebrate a win without having to be forced into this Allegri apologist groupthink. The usuals thought it'd be funny to spoil a good evening by childishly tagging the critics in an attempt to 'own' them. Kindergarten level behaviour from grown men with kids. Embarrassing.

When they say I'm still "moaning" 24 hours later about the result I'm merely responding to the stupidity they aimed at me initially.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... we can celebrate a win...
:rofl:

and i bet you believe your own bullshit. yet no one saw you post a positive comment in years. you can't even stfu after a win, just constant moaning and cherry picking. miserable to the next level.

also the quote you replied to and you agreed with is bullshit. you literally wrote this:

:lol:

Here we go again with your usual hyperbolic, spin-doctoring nonsense. Beating Mourinho teams is difficult now is it? How convenient you reached this judgement all of a sudden, especially after the way you and many others here just recently derided him as a crap, fossilized coach.

The same "difficult mourinho team" that got thrashed by the mighty Genoa, lost to Slavia Praha, couldn't beat 10 men Verona and Milan e.t.c. Is that the one youre talking about? Then again, for a club of this mediocrity (the mediocrity the likes of you and the other masochists here seem to relish in and think is funny for some reason), maybe beating shitty Roma teams is our scudetto.
and that was your first comment after the game. you literally logged in to diminish the result. just like when pavle called himself a premature ejaculator, legendary stuff. hypocrite, senile or simply dumb, doesn't even matter.

happy new year.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I must say, Im living rentfree in the exact heads that I expected to. They are quite spacious too, obviously Allegri drilled them well.

Anyways, its the easiest thing to do, to throw random internet insults and spam 10 pages calling out people, as most of the Allegri fans did after a victory. None of "us" came to complain or diminish the result. But with that specific poster (may he recover well) you could tell from his posts, that he was actually fired up and meant it. He was fumingly mad inside (thats how I see stitch too, super serious, contrary to PI who is mostly trolling) and is most likely a real lunatic and a danger for society. Hence he should obviously be banned from this site and referred with a hyperlink to a ward, by any considerable mod.

Regarding Allegri, where I stand and always did: Im counting the days till he is fired and replaced by a decent modern coach. I dont like his tactics, I feel we have gathered enough evidence over the years of multiple shortcomings, especially regarding attack, positive mentality that can win in Europe (as opposed to 1-0 obsession). Also his squad building Im not fond of. Almost no-one likes our current crop of players anymore and most dont even watch the games.

So far since he has come back it has been 2 seasons of absolute disaster and record breaking fiasco. This season its going better, based on points and based on defensive/mental strength. However I still dont see how Allegri will further improve from here (given the history and shortcomings mentioned).
Id like to see actual smooth attacking patterns, a clear strategy, coordinated pressing, counters, confidence, bravery, instead of having 30-45% possession against small sides in Serie A. Else I dont believe it will translate well when we face teams in Europe.
you’re living “rent free” in people’s heads while typing out novellas? thanks for another laugh.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
:rofl:

and i bet you believe your own bullshit. yet no one saw you post a positive comment in years. you can't even stfu after a win, just constant moaning and cherry picking. miserable to the next level.

also the quote you replied to and you agreed with is bullshit. you literally wrote this:

and that was your first comment after the game. you literally logged in to diminish the result. just like when pavle called himself a premature ejaculator, legendary stuff. hypocrite, senile or simply dumb, doesn't even matter.

happy new year.
I was quoting the same post you tagged me in for no reason, that's why I responded. Do you struggle with comprehension?

When I mentioned the childish 'owning', you were the person in particular I was heavily implying.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I was quoting the same post you tagged me in for no reason, that's why I responded. Do you struggle with comprehension?

When I mentioned the childish 'owning', you were the person in particular I was heavily implying.
so you went on a 2-day bitching-crying spree because of me. and you can't celebrate a win for years because of me. you simply had to reply some stupid shit because i mentioned you. and and you never wanted to diminish the result, i made you do that.

thanks for the credit, it fully confirms the 35 combined iq i mentioned earlier

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
so you went on a 2-day bitching-crying spree because of me. and you can't celebrate a win for years because of me. you simply had to reply some stupid shit because i mentioned you. and and you never wanted to diminish the result, i made you do that.

thanks for the credit, it fully confirms the 35 combined iq i mentioned earlier
Except it wasn't just you, as I made clear, but many other of the usuals. You're still bitching 2 days later about people being supposedly unappreciative of your Mister and you're frustrated that people aren't settling for your low standards. Maybe some of us expect better football irrespective of the result. Why does that bother you so much? Why do you care that not everyone is celebrating like you are? And what does "you can't even celebrate" even mean? I need to come here and throat your Mister with you lot after every 1-0 win in order to demonstrate my contentedness with a result?

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I rarely see any "coaching/manager" discussions going on here anymore

10 lines of attacks and insults going both ways.. with 3 words of useful discussions..

2 years of the same shit

Makes this thread disgusting

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
You can thank a certain group of people for that. Some of us want to entertain honest discussions about the manager, y'know, like adults. But unfortunately a subsect of smug fanboys dont. They'd rather turn this forum into their echo-chamber where any perfectly valid criticism of their lord and saviour is shut down with insults and accusations of being fake fans e.t.c.

- - - Updated - - -

Bitching? Nah. We’re all laughing at you, cupcake.
You keep responding, at some point it becomes an obsession rooted in frustration more than anything else. I've clearly struck a nerve round here with how much attention my posts are getting :lol:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 203)