out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's a bit of both.

The clip is from 2015, when Allegri was our coach. We're 8 years later now and I'm sure he hasn't suddenly forgotten what he knew then. But the players at his disposal in 2015 were from a different category and our roster today probably needs more managing.
and if he did, we just have to sit it out and wait until he forgets that he forgot coaching

1696342021543.png

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'd say it might actually be 60-40 in terms of responsibility (60% fault for shit players, 40% for a shit coach).

Maybe even 70-30.

This team is absolute shit, make no mistake about it. Specially at midfield. And when you have no creativity in the midfield, maybe playing the ugly 3-5-2 isn't the worst option.

This doesn't mean Allegri isn't shit. It just means that the players are so shit, that even with a coach with decent mentality they would probably keep playing like shit. Like with Pirlo, when they were aggressive and tried hard, but were still shit, specially with those hipster tactics.

But I have to admit I dont watch games anymore.. it's just a wild guess. THAT I can say is Alllegri's fault, for sure. Too many years on this mentality. Problem is, when a normal coach assumes the team in the future, I'm not sure people will have the will to go back to watching it. It's completely ingrained in Juve's DNA. Anyway, Allegri is not going anywhere at least in the next couple of years, I'd bet.

Again: management isn't worried about football performances (they are about results, with low expectations though), or about what fans think. It's their biggest mistake. They're slowly killing the club.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
It's not an exceptional attacking move, but it's quite obvious the players never look worried they're going to lose the ball. And you're right, it's not as if they're running all over the place. But just a little bit of movement can be enough. There's a moment when Chiellini receives the ball and Real's striker is close to him. Evra anticipates and starts running to make himself available and it becomes an easy pass for Chiellini.

We're not even doing these basic things right now .
It's buffing why our players don't do even this basic movements. They couldn't be that bad to don't be able to perform such easy tasks.
Only explanation is that fraud isn't capable to teach them, doesn't know how to teach or is incapable to laid a foundations of a team.
Maybe he was always like this and people are right when they claim his previous success was on the Conte shoulders.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'd say it might actually be 60-40 in terms of responsibility (60% fault for shit players, 40% for a shit coach).

Maybe even 70-30.

This team is absolute shit, make no mistake about it. Specially at midfield. And when you have no creativity in the midfield, maybe playing the ugly 3-5-2 isn't the worst option.

This doesn't mean Allegri isn't shit. It just means that the players are so shit, that even with a coach with decent mentality they would probably keep playing like shit. Like with Pirlo, when they were aggressive and tried hard, but were still shit, specially with those hipster tactics.

But I have to admit I dont watch games anymore.. it's just a wild guess. THAT I can say is Alllegri's fault, for sure. Too many years on this mentality. Problem is, when a normal coach assumes the team in the future, I'm not sure people will have the will to go back to watching it. It's completely ingrained in Juve's DNA. Anyway, Allegri is not going anywhere at least in the next couple of years, I'd bet.

Again: management isn't worried about football performances (they are about results, with low expectations though), or about what fans think. It's their biggest mistake. They're slowly killing the club.
but we looked better against Real Madrid back then than we do against Sassuolo these days. surely the players are not that shit, they must be as good as Sassuolo players.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
serious question, why did we play well and confident against lazio (impression: well prepared team), and shy, shit and terrible, without the slightest intention to score against atalanta (impression: zero preparation other than defense until the last breath)? i simply can't understand why this team is so inconsistent.
Because allegri really believes Atalanta is a direct rival for 4th place, and you always want to get a point away from a rival. I am 100% confident that had you proposed a 0-0 draw before the game, allegri would have taken it.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
but we looked better against Real Madrid back then than we do against Sassuolo these days. surely the players are not that shit, they must be as good as Sassuolo players.
They are almost all shit, Sassuolo and Juventus players.

You exclude Chiesa (although playing out of position and coming from a very serious injury), Danilo (as a CB) and maaaybe Locatelli, and the rest is average, injury prone of simply shit. Vlahovic included.

So yes, I think even with a good coach, there wouldn't be such a huuuge difference. But the mentality must start to shift ASAP. So street Allegri anyway.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Because allegri really believes Atalanta is a direct rival for 4th place, and you always want to get a point away from a rival. I am 100% confident that had you proposed a 0-0 draw before the game, allegri would have taken it.
we probably played for a draw, that's why i didn't even bother watching. that doesn't explain the bologna disaster or any other similar result and similarly bad display against much worse teams than atalanta that no one considers as direct rivals though

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
we probably played for a draw, that's why i didn't even bother watching. that doesn't explain the bologna disaster or any other similar result against much worse teams than atalanta that no one considers as direct rivals though
I think we sometimes did this a little bit even under peak Allegri. When you see several players say they are tired, Allegri sees this all week and kind of knows he isn't going to get a Lazio performance so he reverts to the default 'point and maybe snatch a goal' mode. The first issue should be why are our players tired when they are playing once per week?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
we probably played for a draw, that's why i didn't even bother watching. that doesn't explain the bologna disaster or any other similar result and similarly bad display against much worse teams than atalanta that no one considers as direct rivals though
Oh there's definitely a lack of proper preparation and mental weakness no doubt. But in the Atalanta tie, it was really clear we never wanted to play to win.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I think we sometimes did this a little bit even under peak Allegri. When you see several players say they are tired, Allegri sees this all week and kind of knows he isn't going to get a Lazio performance so he reverts to the default 'point and maybe snatch a goal' mode. The first issue should be why are our players tired when they are playing once per week?
Our fitness program isn’t up to the mark. And Allegri is partly to blame for that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh there's definitely a lack of proper preparation and mental weakness no doubt. But in the Atalanta tie, it was really clear we never wanted to play to win.
:agree:

Other than Chiesa, who just doesn’t seem to have it in him to go less than 100%, it was obvious we weren’t even trying to take control of that game or to push to score. It was an embarrassing performance

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
There is a reason we used to joke that the season starts in February/March. His teams were never intense but they were good at getting the 3 points despite not going all out, and we used to get an energetic performance every now and then especially when it’s a big game.

Many called this shit out back then and warned that soon results might decline too and ofc they did.

However, given the age and style of the profile of the players we had could we have achieved more in terms of results? Probably not.

But perhaps we could have laid better foundations for the next cycle had the style of play been more systematic and less dependent on individuals figuring things out based on instinct and experience.

A systematic approach probably gives better future proofing for the academy, recruitment and for younger players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 145)