out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
"I was amazed at Bremer's adaptation, he had a very good game today. I only called him out once when he followed Berardi to the halfway line, that's when you have to let him go. We had little trouble defending because we closed the spaces well."
-Allegri

Lol I remember that moment. My Madridrista brother who had never seen Bremer before, was impressed and laughed when that moment came up, said "I bet this guy is still gonna be on Berardi when he is taking a shit in half time".

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
Good result and a decent performance. Most positive thing for me is Allegro reacted to his feck up (ie mad love for 442) and switched to 433 quickly to rectify things. Though it feels odd giving him credit when he originally messed up, this is an improvement on last year. As he said to the press - he messed up but he fixed it…so credit where due.
No more 442 please.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I understand there are still many question marks regarding the team and it’s ceiling, also that we might still be in for another potentially rough ride this season and that the Sassuolo win today is also hardly a clear indicator of anything that is to come, however market is still open and dynamics change all the time, but you
simply can’t ignore just how pointless it is to draw conclusions or set any real expectations for the new season based on a couple of summer preseason games…

- - - Updated - - -

To try and make a point(but also to have a laugh at ManUTD :lol:) i’ll let you guess for example which games from this list were not official ones and just part of their preseason.

67CC4F81-0357-4059-9B02-E65D0D5EFC44.jpeg
Yes, they're just friendlies. But they arent worthless kickabouts in the park either, they serve a purpose to assess the state of the team before the season starts. Conceding 4 against Atheltico is already an indication of our lack of defensive organisation. But my main point lies with the fact that our performance throughout last year combined with our preseason performances already suggest to me that we haven't progressed at all. I may be proven wrong eventually, but I have far more reason to be cautious than optimistic. Once we start to build up a consistent string of results, beating top sides in the process, then maybe some members can be justified in their optimism and cockiness. But making snidey comments after a season-opener win against Sassuolo doesnt prove shit about how you were "right" all along, it just suggests that you were desperate for a moment like this. Once upon a time, wins like this were a given. Now its like we've just won the world cup. Only further serves to highlight how far we have regressed.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Yes, they're just friendlies. But they arent worthless kickabouts in the park either, they serve a purpose to assess the state of the team before the season starts. Conceding 4 against Atheltico is already an indication of our lack of defensive organisation. But my main point lies with the fact that our performance throughout last year combined with our preseason performances already suggest to me that we haven't progressed at all. I may be proven wrong eventually, but I have far more reason to be cautious than optimistic. Once we start to build up a consistent string of results, beating top sides in the process, then maybe some members can be justified in their optimism and cockiness. But making snidey comments after a season-opener win against Sassuolo doesnt prove shit about how you were "right" all along, it just suggests that you were desperate for a moment like this. Once upon a time, wins like this were a given. Now its like we've just won the world cup. Only further serves to highlight how far we have regressed.
Once again, preseason games are nothing to get worked out by and hardly an indication of anything relevant, also neither is last season given the major changes that the squad went through… for now just enjoy the win and relax man, if the team or Allegri mess up later on in the season you will have plenty of time to be disappointed or negative, no point getting angry or worked up by a few positive comments regarding our season and expectations, winning was and will always remain what matters most no matter the way that we achieve it in, it’s quite normal that many fans are excited and optimistic after winning the first game of the season while the team is still not complete and far from being a finished product yet.

The team is a work in progress as things stand atm, mercatto still being open and us managing to also move a good majority of the players that were weighting us down should be another encouraging aspect to look forward to with all things said and done.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yes, they're just friendlies. But they arent worthless kickabouts in the park either, they serve a purpose to assess the state of the team before the season starts.
sadly the highest purpose of our pre-season friendlies for years have been money money money. I've skipped that trash for years now and I feel no regret, I'd advise for you to do the same.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Good result and a decent performance. Most positive thing for me is Allegro reacted to his feck up (ie mad love for 442) and switched to 433 quickly to rectify things. Though it feels odd giving him credit when he originally messed up, this is an improvement on last year. As he said to the press - he messed up but he fixed it…so credit where due.
No more 442 please.
Learning from his mistakes, subs at 60 min, youngsters, used his subs so much he ran out of them… It’s a new Allegri!

oh-my-god-scream.gif

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Friendlies are useful for giving fans from other countries a chance to see their favorite team, and for the team to help together and get a few minutes before the season and that’s pretty much it. Just like Formula One testing, the results are absolutely irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Last year Allegri was painfully conservative. But he had little choice but to play a safe game after our disastrous start (which I blame mostly on Ronaldo’s petulant behavior that left us without a striker and on some horrendous keeping from Tek) and injuries all over the pitch.
This year, I expect him to be more adventurous and flexible if we get off to a good start.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Last year Allegri was painfully conservative. But he had little choice but to play a safe game after our disastrous start (which I blame mostly on Ronaldo’s petulant behavior that left us without a striker and on some horrendous keeping from Tek) and injuries all over the pitch.
This year, I expect him to be more adventurous and flexible if we get off to a good start.
It just blows my mind the circular logic some people use with Allegri.

In the same breath, preseason friendlies are assigned some sort of value but at the same time there is no credit given to the poor start last year due to chaos after our friendlies our entire team strategy changed. How did it change? We went from a 30 goal striker to Kean/Morata. Nobody can tell me that didn't change everything.

The results speak for themselves early last year. And the shocking thing is even with our team getting turned upside down losing Ronaldo last minute in the window, we still SHOULD'VE won points early that were lost due to horrid individual mistakes... read that again. INDIVIDUAL mistakes. Allegri cannot go out on the pitch and save those shots that Woj fucked up. No credit is ever given for saving what could've been an even worse season if you compound the individual mistakes, the chaotic transfer window to start the season. We could've easily been looking in on CL and suffer horrid financially from it.

And these "fans" like maxi WANT that to happen. Imagine being MAD we just won 3-0 because you don't get to say "I told you so." It's like that maxstatsman clown on twitter. Some people would rather this club suffer so they can say "i told you so" and do their little victory celebrations rather than the manager be successful.

Clowns with their heads so far up their own ass, smelling their own farts that they can't even see their own clownshoes anymore.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
aside from the goals it was entertaining to watch which is a welcome change.

allegri does have a problem though. without pogba this midfield will have trouble holding the ball. he should really look to intergrate fagioli and miretti asap to help cycle possession.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 76)