out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
That Madrid could win with any formation, surely.

The fundamental problem is one striker vs. two, in this particular club. If Dybala and Morata run like Atletico strikers, there is no problem. If you defend with only 8 men in your own box all match, then there is a problem. That should be plain to see. Our CMs are not Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba. They can't compensate for 2 strikers who do not help.

There's no counter argument so far against Allegri's one striker formation. We're formidable with it.

Pick 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1 or whatever.

The ultimate point is that the squad is not this bad.
Yeah it is average unbalanced and overpaid with spoilt fans who can't support the team in difficult times

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That Madrid could win with any formation, surely.

The fundamental problem is one striker vs. two, in this particular club. If Dybala and Morata run like Atletico strikers, there is no problem. If you defend with only 8 men in your own box all match, then there is a problem. That should be plain to see. Our CMs are not Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba. They can't compensate for 2 strikers who do not help.

There's no counter argument so far against Allegri's one striker formation. We're formidable with it.

Pick 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1 or whatever.

The ultimate point is that the squad is not this bad.
:tup:

Okay. I 100% agree with all of this. I think I said it in the previous post. Allegri’s tinkering and moving players around on the pitch out of position isn’t helping and is actually hurting our performances. With having Dybala, Morty, Kean, Jorge… I could see spending the first month or two trying to figure out how to have two of them on the pitch at a time… however, it has clearly not worked and we are closing in on the do or die portion of the season shortly. He needs to stop tinkering and start having us play a solid, organized style, which with the make-up of this team is likely only 1 striker as you say.

Jun 6, 2015
And already Poch wants to balance that formation and is getting backlash because he knows you cannot defend with 7 players. Even 8 is extremely difficult nowadays. And that's what we're trying. Over and over and over.

Morata splits their CBs, fine. Lots of teams do that. Then our SS whether it's Chiesa or Dybala marks no one. Just walks around. Opponent passes to the wing. Our midfield 4 shifts and is outnumbered 4 vs. 5. They then spend the next phase chasing the ball at the top of our box. We will eventually pinch it but we're so far back that there is no chance of a counter. There is no chance that Rabiot, Benta and co. have the talent or skill to counter from there.

We punt it to the 2 strikers and walk up the pitch. They lose it. Rinse and repeat.

If you have animals across your midfield 4 then fine. Vidal runs and collects the ball himself and you go from there. We don't have that. It's non-sensical. Look how deep we have to defend.
Don't really disagree but what changes if we play a 4-2-3-1 with Dybala as a CAM? Nothing really. You'd need to either drop Dybala or play him up top instead of Morata. I'm all for giving Dybala a go as a CF but we've seen very little to suggest that Allegri is keen on that.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Don't really disagree but what changes if we play a 4-2-3-1 with Dybala as a CAM? Nothing really. You'd need to either drop Dybala or play him up top instead of Morata. I'm all for giving Dybala a go as a CF but we've seen very little to suggest that Allegri is keen on that.
Nothing really changes, I agree. It will end up the same 4-4-2 in defence.

Is Morata better than Dybala right now as a CF? Hardly. And we were getting huge offers from the top teams for the winger version of Chiesa were we not? Now he's a striker? It's non-sensical.

So yes, it doesn't HAVE to be 4-3-3 but really that makes the most sense.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Dybala won't be used upfront under allegri simply he knows we have no one who create in midfield, therefore dybala is the one who drops deep to help link up play. All in all, same issue we have had for what feels like a million years now, our midfield is fucked.

Agree allegri needs to stop tinkering. However we don't seem to have players available to play a handful of consistent games with the same starting line up.

Also agree allegri needs to be less defensive minded...but when you have a team that is so mentally broken I can understand trying to make it defensively solid is a priority.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Dybala won't be used upfront under allegri simply he knows we have no one who create in midfield, therefore dybala is the one who drops deep to help link up play. All in all, same issue we have had for what feels like a million years now, our midfield is fucked.

Agree allegri needs to stop tinkering. However we don't seem to have players available to play a handful of consistent games with the same starting line up.

Also agree allegri needs to be less defensive minded...but when you have a team that is so mentally broken I can understand trying to make it defensively solid is a priority.
Yeah that is the problem that neither our midfielders create any chances nor do they link with any of the forwards so Dybala has to drop extremely deep

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Yeah that is the problem that neither our midfielders create any chances nor do they link with any of the forwards so Dybala has to drop extremely deep
and we have another problem, we don't have money to buy a creative mid nor a real talent scout , until now , to get us a new potential ...so :boh:

the only valuable player can be sold with great value so we can have a great mid ...is to sell De Ligt ...sadly

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2010
and we have another problem, we don't have money to buy a creative mid nor a real talent scout , until now , to get us a new potential ...so :boh:

the only valuable player can be sold with great value so we can have a great mid ...is to sell De Ligt ...sadly
we don't need to buy, there are plenty of expiring contracts out there. Half of the Ronaldo wages + Ramsey wages could get us two good players or at least one great

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
We won a scudetto with Bentancur playing regista. That's not to say that Sarri is the best coach on the earth but obviously some coaches can affect players positively and negatively. The coach is a big variable.

Of course, also. Lampard vs. Tuchel just last season.

And also when the Allegri lottery pulls out a 4-3-3, suddenly our players are good. If you put Chiesa with his back to the opponent's goal, to receive every ball with no speed, yes, he sucks. We have bad squad.

You mean to tell me McKennie is not Arjen Robben? He seems fine in a 4-3-3 but yes, if you want him to be Arjen Robben... squad sucks.
Allegri's 4-4-2 formation is really weird.
With McKennie and Rabiot on the wing, we don't really have a creative player/threat from midfield

I don't get what are the roles for them. As for a winger they need to have a good one on one skills, dribble, crossing, pace, and how to run behind the defense, stretch their defense. If he so insist for 4-4-2, its better to use Chiesa and even Soule/Kulu on the wing while Morata-Kean/Dybala forward.

Our defensive setup also too deep i think. Most great managers like Pep, Tuchel, Klopp already play a pressing football since the opponent's half, limiting their option for pass and putting some positional player's pressing since forward line. But it seems our players mostly go back and crowd the box while Chelsea's got the ball. Goal number 3 is one example that we are too deep and closed in the box

singus

Sep 22, 2020
That we suck in defence and offense, has nothing to do with missing a midfielder "who can create". Pick any midfielder and put into this team right now, and he would look as clueless as the rest of them. Its all down to what the heck we are doing in training every week and not having clear ideas how we want to play football. And how COULD we have any idea how to play, where to run and who to do what, when Allegri changes formation and lineup as much as he changes wife?
IF we assume that most of our players literally are midtable level players (might not be far off), then we should at least expect to see some fight and stamina, as that freaking cant be excused by talent or brains. But not alone do we have no defensive or attacking cohesion, we are also one of the teams in worst physical condition. Thats probably the most disappointing aspect.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I thought Allegri is able to adapt and find solutions no? He should go for the stable 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 with Pellegrini on LW rather than all these matches with Rabiot. He also cannot see that Morata is currently useless.

One of our greatest attributes was that we keep clean sheets against the best teams so we could do smash and grab victories against the better teams but that has gone.

We need a hard reset from Allegri because he's doing the same tactics and selection repeatedly and the outcome doesn't change. The Chelsea game was disgraceful.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I thought Allegri is able to adapt and find solutions no? He should go for the stable 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 with Pellegrini on LW rather than all these matches with Rabiot. He also cannot see that Morata is currently useless.

One of our greatest attributes was that we keep clean sheets against the best teams so we could do smash and grab victories against the better teams but that has gone.

We need a hard reset from Allegri because he's doing the same tactics and selection repeatedly and the outcome doesn't change. The Chelsea game was disgraceful.
Correct, I was also promised that Allegri was the best and most pragmatic coach out there. A coach who takes what the management throws at him and grinds out results. It may not always be pretty, but results were guaranteed.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Correct, I was also promised that Allegri was the best and most pragmatic coach out there. A coach who takes what the management throws at him and grinds out results. It may not always be pretty, but results were guaranteed.
That is why we hired him it is gradual process a new winning cycle needs to be created when you dont have huge transfer budget even your favourite coach mourinho is not satisfied by the investment made by roma in the transfer market despite the 100 million euros spent in summer transfer window

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I love max, but i feel this may be true
Dont u guys feel he was happy with any result in the Chelsea game? he got what he wanted from CL group stages - the promotion, now he concetrates on our league position? Some could argue that in CL sometimes its better to finish second in the group also.
I really didnt like that game, but got over it pretty fast, because of the squad selection and overall not really an important game, loosing to Atalanta would hurt us much more.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
As much as a love Max, i still dont understand why we played with 4 CMs
I'm a big Allegri fan but the he handles the players and starting XI makes him seem like an amateur. So many stupid and silly mistakes it's incredible.

At this point I wonder if he was the right choice. If he's this bad at assembling a team starting from zero, I don't know why we signed him. If he can only handle already strong team then we picked the wrong guy because it will take at least 3-4 years before we change a huge chunk of our squad. During those years we won't achieve much, obviously, if he can't work with weaker side like our current.

I'd like to know if Allegri will truly be involved with our future transfer and, if so, I'd really like to see who he wants to bring here. I don't have a great feeling about it.

Then again, I feel like we're always fixing wrong problems. Instead of fixing midfield we'll focus on strikers. Instead of firing 90% of our staff, mainly scouts and sporting director, we'll put all of the blame on Allegri. It's like we ourselves are our biggest enemy, not Milan, Inter and Napoli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 23, Guests: 196)