out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
So close, except not. :lol:

And that’s with us missing a penalty, not getting another very clear penalty for Dougie C being tripped in the area, and having the lion’s share of the top chances over the two legs. But sure, so close :lol:
Are you sure about that?

I remember it being much even, you might have had slightly more big chances, but Tottenham were far superior in the overall match in terms of domination of the ball. As I remember it you got pushed all the way back after the 2-0 lead and were only living on the counter.

In the return leg you also really came off to a bad start and was once again pinned down inside your own box for most of the match. I'm not denying you shouldn't have been given a penalty on Costa, it was crystal clear and if Higuain had scored on his second penalty you might have gone into the away game with a lead.

Sorry to say, but I actually think Tottenham were the superior side in these two legs. :snoop:

You got the win though, that's all that matters. I just wasn't impressed by Juve over these two games, felt you should've done better in terms of not letting Tottenham dictate the game that much, not only from having the 2-0 lead but also in the return leg.

Jun 16, 2020
Are you sure about that?

I remember it being much even, you might have had slightly more big chances, but Tottenham were far superior in the overall match in terms of domination of the ball. As I remember it you got pushed all the way back after the 2-0 lead and were only living on the counter.

In the return leg you also really came off to a bad start and was once again pinned down inside your own box for most of the match. I'm not denying you shouldn't have been given a penalty on Costa, it was crystal clear and if Higuain had scored on his second penalty you might have gone into the away game with a lead.

Sorry to say, but I actually think Tottenham were the superior side in these two legs. :snoop:

You got the win though, that's all that matters. I just wasn't impressed by Juve over these two games, felt you should've done better in terms of not letting Tottenham dictate the game that much, not only from having the 2-0 lead but also in the return leg.

We won that second match by a tactical change made by Allegri who changed formation to 352 from 433 I remember

Jun 6, 2015
Are you sure about that?

Allegri rarely goes into a CL knockout tie with the goal of dominating possession. He usually has his teams playing much more direct with the view of creating the more dangerous chances. So yes Tottenham had more possession but they weren't the superior side in those games at all, we created more chances than they did and eventually scored more goals than they did.

Here's for the xG crowd
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 1.32.14.png

and here's a knockout tie where the superior team actually lost
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 1.50.57.png

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Are you sure about that?

How come you remember so much do you have tactical analysis channel on YouTube

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Just like the Chelsea game, we allowed Tottenham all the possession because they were doing nothing useful with the ball. When we turned it on, we scored and the rest is history. There were very few teams back then that legitimately dominated us against our will.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Are you sure about that?

Nah. You’re forgetting or just weren’t paying close enough attention. We had majority of major chances. They had mostly useless possession and half chances. They did the same thing against Klopp and Pool in the final the next year and lost again. They actually had even more possession of the ball than did against us. It was literally how they played against everyone not named Man city in that period. Dominate possession but against top sides with well organized defensive lines they didn’t create much in the way of great chances. Higuain missed a penalty, missed another 1v1 with the keeper, the Costa penalty incident, amongst others. We played more direct and on the counter and in doing so created more. Just like Klopp’s Pool did a year later. No coincidence that both of us beat them by doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri rarely goes into a CL knockout tie with the goal of dominating possession. He usually has his teams playing much more direct with the view of creating the more dangerous chances. So yes Tottenham had more possession but they weren't the superior side in those games at all, we created more chances than they did and eventually scored more goals than they did.

Here's for the xG crowd
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 1.32.14.png

and here's a knockout tie where the superior team actually lost
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 1.50.57.png
This is gonna give the Anti-Allegri xGoals crowd an aneurysm :lol3:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Just for a matter of of interest, what expectation did you all have of allegri when he returned?

Return to the top? Top 3 after 10 games????

I thought somewhere in the top 3 to 5...

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Just for a matter of of interest, what expectation did you all have of allegri when he returned?

yep I thought we should have been too 4 at least at this point.
Having said that I definitely did not see Milan or Napoli having the start they have had, Napoli in particular.

to only win 4 of our first 10 is a major disappointment. There’s no doubt Allegri has made some mistakes but he should only be judged once he’s had 6+ months to work with the team. It’s clear he wants 1 or 2 signings in Jan

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015

Expect? To at least finish 2nd.
But right now, not only that has faded, Im even skeptical in our chances of finishing in top four.
I know realistically it's not easy after two clowns but the type of glitches that we are having in zero creativity going forward and flashes of horrendous defending/space management which happen in short bursts but enough to concede in rather avoidable ways.
This 442 to me is flat going forward, we need Dybala to touch the ball as much as possible. Maybe get him at the one spot closer to Loca in a 4312. Chiesa needs to play in the front to beat the offside/ be near goal, not have the burden of tracking back to protect the wing in that shitty 442.
14-13 goal difference is below pirlol level.

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
How come you remember so much do you have tactical analysis channel on YouTube
Because I watched both games from start to finish and Tottenham were the better team imo.

I actually thought you did better against Real Madrid at home in the 0-3 defeat, even if the scoreline suggest something completely else.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like the Chelsea game, we allowed Tottenham all the possession because they were doing nothing useful with the ball. When we turned it on, we scored and the rest is history. There were very few teams back then that legitimately dominated us against our will.
Disagreed.

Tottenham created some dangerous chances while on the ball, Chelsea didn’t.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@BayernFan

That's an Allegri habit of sitting too deep and letting teams come on to us, of course they'll have chances. Son was amazing that game too but had we wanted to score more, I think we could've done with more positivity.

With this team, its hard to defend well. Its a type of game management I hate unless we have a 2 goal margin at least. Relentless teams like Liverpool will get through and then pick you off on the counter as you scramble for a goal.

I'll take my hat off of to teams that deservedly beat us like Ajax but not so much Porto because we gave them that match. Tottenham deserves no credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 26, Guests: 237)