out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We went out to lyon and porto, let that sink in, and if after it already sank you still think it had anything to do with ronaldo or his effect on the team, well you just can't be helped.

We signed Ronaldo because, at that time, many (and many here) believed the difference between us and a CL winning team ( joining the ranks of then barca, bayern and Real) was that world class goalscorer. That goalscorer who could decide CL ties. That was the mentality back then. Tried it with Higgy, then CR7

Looking back on it, do you think that turned out to be true?

Last edited:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
We signed Ronaldo because, at that time, many (and many here) believed the difference between us and a CL winning team ( joining the ranks of then barca, bayern and Real) was that world class goalscorer. That goalscorer who could decide CL ties. That was the mentality back then. Tried it with Higgy, then CR7

but in the mean time
our peak defenders Barzagli and Chiellini declined due to age
We lost Pirlo,Marchisio,Vidal and Pogba subbing them with Pjanic and Khedira
We lost Tevez subbing him with Dybala and later Higuain
Then came Ronaldo.
He was supposed to be Cherry on the cake but he became the savior of the team.

3-5-2
Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Lichsteiner-Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba-Evrà
Tevez-Morata

If we had Ronaldo instead of Morata that could've been a CL winning team.
The weak links being only Evrà and Lichsteiner.

then 4-2-3-1
Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro (peak awesome player)
Pjanic-Khedira
Dani Alves-Dybala-Mandzukic
Higuain

Now if you add Ronaldo to this team instead of Mandzukic or Higuain could've won the cup

If over the years we added instead of losing key players and went with

D.Alves-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba
Dybala
Tevez-Ronaldo

That would've been a heck of a team

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

It IS true. Just not when you paralelly destroy other departments of the team.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

I don't think we paid that much just to get a WC goalscorer, we got argaubly a top 3 player of all time who's the consumate professional and epitome of a winner. And that to me was confirmed in that away win to atletico. In ajax, he scored the winner, but we let him down.

Now post allegri era, well that's my point exactly, we hired coaches who either didn't get our club culture or know as much about coaching as you or me. We wasted 2 golden years for one of the best ever. But yeah it's his fault we regressed.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
imagine ronaldo when we had a the marchisio pirlo vidal midfield and prime defenders in our backline :tuttosport: , what a difference it would make with him on the end of balls instead of matri,
Perfect strike partner with :chin:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

:haha:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Reasons I don't want Allegri
- Plays too defensive style of football
- Took Juve as far as he could, that ceiling probably won't be surpassed
- is a good puppet for management as he doesn't complain and works with what he's got, this can be a positive but he's not going to push management to improve and this sets low standards with the squad ao overall for me it lowers standards having someone like that.

I like Allegri but I don't see him coming and making Juve compete for CL, we might push a semi-final or final again with some scrappy results but it doesn't inspire condifdence. Of course if he came I would support him and hope he does the best with the team.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
- is a good puppet for management as he doesn't complain and works with what he's got, this can be a positive but he's not going to push management to improve and this sets low standards with the squad ao overall for me it lowers standards having someone like that.

I like Allegri but I don't see him coming and making Juve compete for CL, we might push a semi-final or final again with some scrappy results but it doesn't inspire condifdence. Of course if he came I would support him and hope he does the best with the team.
:shifty:
Do you realize he was fired because he didn't want to be a 'puppet' anymore?

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Welcome back! Terrible comeback post, though.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Do you have a better coach in your mind who can help us do well in Europe apart from Zidane

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 262)