out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How did Sarri and Napoli do that same season in CL? Their entertaining brand of football surely must have won so many games... :p
They truly dominated the xGoals stat and were terribly unfortunate to finish behind Shaktar and get bumped into Europa League where they were humiliated by minnows RB Leipzig, but only on the scoreboard again, xGoals had them champions.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot that Napoli only picked up 6 points, and lost 4 matches in their weakass CL group last year. Alongside getting spanked by City, they managed to lose to both Shaktar and Feyenoord. Sarri :lol2:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Wins on the pitch don’t matter. Read the live match thread. We lost that match there. :seven:
The argument is not if we won or not. The argument is whether or not we played poorly.

You need to stop creating so many imaginary strawmen. You aren't even arguing with me anymore, just a version of me in your head.

You are the one who called that game a "counterattacking masterclass" or something stupid like that.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Actually for these people winning titles doesn't matter as long as we play beautiful football
Sarri did well with Napoli. He ran his players to the ground by playing the same players over and over again, making the same subs over and over again, but he did do well. He has been poor with Chelsea. No idea how it's considered beautiful. Even the kick and run EPL fans find it tedious.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Actually for these people winning titles doesn't matter as long as we play beautiful football
Sarri is the master of winning the xGoals Scudetto.

TBH. I don’t even watch our matches anymore. I just go check the xGoals after each match to see who did better and award points based on that. We haven’t won a Scudetto in years :cry:
My god you guys are bitter :lol:

Allegri isn't our coach anymore. The management had seen enough and made their decision. Get over it.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Whatever, @Post Ironic, we are going around in circles anyway.

On a different note @zizinho

In my opinion, Matuidi was arguably one of the biggest reasons behind Allegri's decline.
Well can you blame hi for that? We got overrun by Madrid in 2017 and needed another mid (we needed 2 actually). He got Matuidi so it was either 433 with him or 4231 with Pjanic - Khedira once again (same formation with Pjanic - Matuidi failed). And Allegri made it work when it mattered, away at Madrid. Too bad there werent more games where Matuidis ground covering would have been MVP tier useful

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Well can you blame hi for that? We got overrun by Madrid in 2017 and needed another mid (we needed 2 actually). He got Matuidi so it was either 433 with him or 4231 with Pjanic - Khedira once again (same formation with Pjanic - Matuidi failed). And Allegri made it work when it mattered, away at Madrid. Too bad there werent more games where Matuidis ground covering would have been MVP tier useful
We did need another mid, but Matuidi was a horrible choice IMO.

He doesn't have the ability to link up play, yet he frequently finds himself in the final third, messing up our attacks. I think that Matuidi is part of the reason behind Alex Sandro's decline. It's much easier to defend against a fullback who has no one to link up with.

In my opinion, what we needed in the summer of 2017 was a younger and more gifted midfielder; someone like Ramsey, Barella, Naby Keita, etc... someone who can run but also has some decent ability on the ball.

Matuidi was just a poor fit.

Jun 6, 2015
That is the most important kind of depth, since subbing on attackers can turn draws into wins (let's not forget how many times Costa saved us).

Then Napoli's entire defence apart from Koulibaly must suck.

Of course we won as a team.

Dybala was the most important piece of the puzzle though, not Allegri.
Of course Allegri has always been the most important puzzle in the last five years. You wanting to think otherwise doesn't chance anything. Or do you also discredit Pep's time at Barca because he had Messi, Zidane's time at Real because he had Ronaldo or even Sarri's time at Chelsea because he had Hazard? Or do you simply spout bs and try to fit everything in to your narrative? Good teams have great players who can make the difference, that should be pretty obvious to anyone who follows football.

Dybala's importance to our team has never been as big as the impact of those I mentioned above. Even our best performance that season was without Dybala in the second-leg against Real. Can you only give credit to Allegri when he succeeds with a team full of Sturaro's?

- - - Updated - - -

No it fucking wasn’t :rofl:

My god you are deluded, but don’t take my word for it. Read the match thread:

https://www.juventuz.com/threads/juventuz-live-matches-2017-2018.43095/page-771

Read the comments during the first half :touched:

We got outclassed beyond belief.
Using the Tuz live thread as an argument :touched: Come on now Neddy that's a new low.

Last edited:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
No it fucking wasn’t :rofl:

My god you are deluded, but don’t take my word for it. Read the match thread:

https://www.juventuz.com/threads/juventuz-live-matches-2017-2018.43095/page-771

Read the comments during the first half :touched:

We got outclassed beyond belief.
3-0? :rofl:

Yes, Tottenham dominated possession and movement, but I guess they are now scoring every little half-chance eh. Because they certainly didn't miss 3 sitters.

It was a masterclass of ruthless counterattacking football. You don't have to enjoy it or like it, but in the end it worked and that's all that matters. We won. So perhaps shut up just a little, you pathetic creature.
I think we had a 20 minute spell in both games where we were on top of Tottenham so about 40 minutes of the 180 we were the better team, for the other 140 minutes I think Tottenham were dominating us and probably their lack of experience at that level is what cost them the game

I felt we were very lucky to come out of that tie as overall winners and Allegri somehow worked his magic but it could have easily been a much different story had Tottenham been a bit more clinical

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Of course Allegri has always been the most important puzzle in the last five years. You wanting to think otherwise doesn't chance anything. Or do you also discredit Pep's time at Barca because he had Messi, Zidane's time at Real because he had Ronaldo or even Sarri's time at Chelsea because he had Hazard? Or do you simply spout bs and try to fit everything in to your narrative? Good teams have great players who can make the difference, that should be pretty obvious to anyone who follows football.

Dybala's importance to our team has never been as big as the impact of those I mentioned above. Even our best performance that season was without Dybala in the second-leg against Real. Can you only give credit to Allegri when he succeeds with a team full of Sturaro's?

- - - Updated - - -

Using the Tuz live thread as an argument :touched: Come on now Neddy that's a new low.
The player argument is retarded, but calling the away game to Tottenham a ruthless counterattacking masterpiece is even more retarded. They outplayed us in every sense. The shotstatistic was 23-8. Thats not some masterclass tactic its just being lucky, that their finishing was awfull.

Jun 6, 2015
The player argument is retarded, but calling the away game to Tottenham a ruthless counterattacking masterpiece is even more retarded. They outplayed us in every sense. The shotstatistic was 23-8. Thats not some masterclass tactic its just being lucky, that their finishing was awfull.
I sort of agree with you. However I don't buy the just being lucky argument. We've simply been more ruthless than quite a few of our opponents in the past. Scoring your chances is a big part of football.

Even if we use Neddy's favorite xG it shows that it was pretty close. So according to this stat our chances were fewer but much better in quality.

DXt6yZdXcAEKLkG.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 233)