out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Well, he's right. Second half was abysmal, no one could run, no one could take responsibility, nothing.

Allegri certainly shares the blame, but it's ridiculous to put the fear and motivation on him. If you're not motivated to play in CL while simultaneously speaking about it at every turn then you're in the wrong place. You have Ronaldo, you have the comeback vs Atletico as motivation, why does the coach need to do anything extra ffs?

Also, I'll never understand how can professionals be scared to play, scared of the magnitude of the moment? You literally have nothing to lose. If you're scared it's only guaranteed you'll make mistakes and won't play well. So what's the difference?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 20, 2012
Something that I find pathetic is how quick we are to dismiss the achievements of this team and the coach. To achieve what this team has done is something short of a miracle. Yet people , specifically Juventini will dismiss the achievements and blame it on other factors such as serie a teams "being weaker" or "not focusing on serie a". Had the roles been reversed, and we were losing in Serie A, the same Juventini would call for everyone's head.

This team deserves credit even if this season was disappointing. The same goes for Allegri. He came into this club with his back against the wall and outperformed everyone's expectations. He broke multiple records and was able to get this team to perform some of the football I've seen played in recent years. At the same time he is to blame for our downfalls this season. The team was outplayed multiple times this season especially in Champions League. Even with Ronaldo on the team, this team is clearly lacking certain types of players. The result in Torino was almost predictable. The team has not played well, but before we dismiss anyone, give credit to those who deserve it.

It's an end of a cycle just like after Conte left. I find it hilarious that some are calling for Conte back when he was a nightmare on a tactical level and especially in European games. Conte would rather play for a 0-0 draw then try to score. Same goes for other coaches like , the Ajax coach. We are Juventus, and yet people are calling for coaches like him and De Zerbi. Ridiculous. Find a coach that will improve us. I'm an allegri supporter but I do believe it's his time to step down and be replaced by AN EXPERIENCED COACH.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
So Max have nothing to do with the mentality of the club, or the performance in the bigger stage of the season against a team with nothing more than a couple of brilliant players

The players have a huge responsability cuz most of them played like crap but take away this lost from Max shoulder is too much, he is 100% responsible of this defeat. He works all season with the squad with this main goal in mind plus he has the GOAT so he must be better than this

Jul 20, 2012
So Max have nothing to do with the mentality of the club, or the performance in the bigger stage of the season against a team with nothing more than a couple of brilliant players

The players have a huge responsability cuz most of them played like crap but take away this lost from Max shoulder is too much, he is 100% responsible of this defeat. He works all season with the squad with this main goal in mind plus he has the GOAT so he must be better than this
If you're replying to me, I said Allegri is too blame as well.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Massimiliano Allegri held a press conference ahead of Juventus' Serie A clash against Fiorentina. The Italian tactician commented on the future of Cristiano Ronaldo: "He is the future of Juventus, he's had an amazing campaign and the same will happen next season. He was disappointed, just like everyone else. The Champions League is our target every season. Ronaldo doesn't guarantee Champions League, football is not science. Look at Barcelona, they have qualified for the semi-finals for the first time in four years".

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - "The Champions League could depend on many factors, like the injuries. You have to have everything in place in the right moment. Look at what happened in Coppa Italia. Bonucci was injured, Chiellini got injured after a few minutes and Benatia wanted to leave so he refused to play from December until January".

SERIE A TITLE - "There is a disappointment for the Champions League but we must celebrate the Scudetto. We've won 50% of the competition we've played. We must accept the Champions League exit without alibis". FUTURE - "First of all we must celebrate the scudetto, then we'll see. We've sacrificed for the entire season, it was a great season even if we are sorry for the Champions League".

INJURED - "Perin is undergoing shoulder surgery and he will be out for three months, same for Khedira. Chiellini could return against Inter, Dybala could be out for 20 days, Douglas Costa and Caceres are out for 10 days at least".

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
There seems to be one mistake that Allegri keeps making throughout his career - he misuses the best players he has in his squad.

At Milan he tried to change Pirlo's position, completely failed at it, but, what's even worse, was too stubborn to admit it, so Andrea was basically forced out of the club. And that's Pirlo we're talking about. Pirlo, guys. You don't do anything even remotely resembling what Max did at Milan when you have the luxury of having Pirlo in your team.

At Juventus he completely changed Pjanic's position. Yes, Miralem kind of adapted to it, but he's not even close to the football he was showing in Rome.

Max also changed Dybala's position. And it also resulted in player's drastic professional regress.

Yes, as a manager, he has his ideas, and his tactical thinking is on another level compared to most of his colleague's. But what he does with the talents he has in the team is definitely wrong. And his inability to admit his mistakes (not the tactical one, but the fundamental mistakes in his entire approach to the team management) is even worse.

Everyone sees that Pjanic is bad in front of the defense, but he keeps putting him there. Everyone sees that Dybala is bad on any position other than striker's, but he keeps putting him deep in the midfield. What other mistakes like this he makes that we overlook simply because they are not as obvious as these ones?

I still believe that Max is a great manager, one of the best in the business. His results speak for themselves. But, I'm afraid, this is a reason why his results won't get any better. It looks like he's too busy implementing his complex vision of football to realize that there might be shorter and more reliable paths to success.

It's not about his inability to play fancy quick modern football - his team can play any type of football, he proved it multiple times. It's about his vision of football in general.

Similarly to Mourinho, he requires players to be silent fanatic world-class workhorses (it also explains an abysmal number of injuries, by the way). But that's not how modern football works. And that's why Mourinho failed at MU.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
There seems to be one mistake that Allegri keeps making throughout his career - he misuses the best players he has in his squad.

At Milan he tried to change Pirlo's position, completely failed at it, but, what's even worse, was too stubborn to admit it, so Andrea was basically forced out of the club. And that's Pirlo we're talking about. Pirlo, guys. You don't do anything even remotely resembling what Max did at Milan when you have the luxury of having Pirlo in your team.

At Juventus he completely changed Pjanic's position. Yes, Miralem kind of adapted to it, but he's not even close to the football he was showing in Rome.

Max also changed Dybala's position. And it also resulted in player's drastic professional regress.

Yes, as a manager, he has his ideas, and his tactical thinking is on another level compared to most of his colleague's. But what he does with the talents he has in the team is definitely wrong. And his inability to admit his mistakes (not the tactical one, but the fundamental mistakes in his entire approach to the team management) is even worse.

Everyone sees that Pjanic is bad in front of the defense, but he keeps putting him there. Everyone sees that Dybala is bad on any position other than striker's, but he keeps putting him deep in the midfield. What other mistakes like this he makes that we overlook simply because they are not as obvious as these ones?

I still believe that Max is a great manager, one of the best in the business. His results speak for themselves. But, I'm afraid, this is a reason why his results won't get any better. It looks like he's too busy implementing his complex vision of football to realize that there might be shorter and more reliable paths to success.

It's not about his inability to play fancy quick modern football - his team can play any type of football, he proved it multiple times. It's about his vision of football in general.

Similarly to Mourinho, he requires players to be silent fanatic world-class workhorses. But that's not how modern football works. And that's why Mourinho failed at MU.
Agree with everything till you compare Max and Mou. Allegri is way more humble and flexible than Mou and Mou has a lot more accomplishment than Max so far

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Isn't it easy to make the coach a scapegoat for everything that has gone wrong
Not, use a player as a scapegoat is, the coach and specially once with years in the team is 100% responsible for the performance. This is football and you can be better than your rival and lose anyway (ref, luck...) but that wasn't what happened, Ajax outplayed us big time

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I didn't mean to compare their personalities or achievements, of course. Was talking only about their football philosophies in terms of how they see players as anonymous gears in their football systems.
I kind of agree with that cuz I still believe Max gives more credit to players than Mou which, as you said, consider any player just like anonymous pieces in a machine brand Mou

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Not, use a player as a scapegoat is, the coach and specially once with years in the team is 100% responsible for the performance. This is football and you can be better than your rival and lose anyway (ref, luck...) but that wasn't what happened, Ajax outplayed us big time
I am talking about our transfer policy we never really replaced pogba and Vidal our midfield has been decline since 2016 yet we keep signing free agent for the position of midfield and our injury management fitness regime

- - - Updated - - -

Considering of how we play usually and how we played in these 2 games - I think there is no other option but blame the coach..
Yes but the midfield which needed to be upgraded as was clearly seen in 2017 champions League final was anything done apart from signing free agent

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
A lot of that is just down to dumb luck.

Bayern dominated Atletico in 2016. Nothing Guardiola could have done about Muller missing that penalty.
City dominated Tottenham. Nothing Guardiola could have done about Aguero missing a penalty in the first leg.
Allegri was eliminated in Bayern because Evra had a brainfart and against Real because the ref gave a questionable last minute penalty.

City did not dominate Tottenham and very likely went out because Guardiola didn't play De bruyne or Sane in the first let. GOAT coach there for ya

Yes, let’s conveniently leave out what Guardiola did for Barcelona because that doesn’t suit your argument. :baus:
Dude was put in charge of a stupidly stacked team not really fair to compare that to Allegri's Milan even though they did outdo expectations in the CL

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We find ourselves in a desperate situation. Allegri staying or leaving.

The management will only hire an Italian coach and who out there is up for the job? Either Allegri stays or Conte returns because any other Italian coach is not up to the task. The fans who want Conte back are really fed up of Allegri to the point that they forgot how it felt with Conte. At the same time, the passion we had with Conte was way up there as the most passionate team ever. Maybe with his spell at international level and at the EPL he comes back with new ideas.

I don't know if Conte would accept the idea of having Pirlo as an assistant coach? I find this very tempting to be honest.

On another note, if Pep is available then I think it is worth the gamble. We may not win anything with him but his spell here might be a good transition to seed a new approach to games, something we've never had before.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Isn't it easy to make the coach a scapegoat for everything that has gone wrong
Max deserves (and gets) credit for his remarkable accomplishments, but they don't grant him immunity from criticism for his mistakes when he makes them, especially if he does it again and again and the pattern is so obvious that you cannot ignore it if you want to stay unbiased.

However good he is, he's not perfect, otherwise, even with this roster, our single headache now would be where to put the 4th consecutive Champions League cup in the club's museum. So, there's always room for improvement, and, when you talk about manager's mistakes, it doesn't mean that you put all the blame on him.

I see two worrying things in Max's system. Things that persist throughout the years:

1. Too many injuries.
2. Too many top players are regressing. Dybala, Pjanic, Alex Sandro, even Cancelo now. Also, today Allegri said that Benatia literally refused to play since December. Plus the Pirlo situation at Milan. It cannot be that all of them simultaneously fell into some kind of personal crisis and the manager has nothing to do with it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I am talking about our transfer policy we never really replaced pogba and Vidal our midfield has been decline since 2016 yet we keep signing free agent for the position of midfield and our injury management fitness regime

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but the midfield which needed to be upgraded as was clearly seen in 2017 champions League final was anything done apart from signing free agent

Yeah but we were facing an Ajax with the exception of like 3 players, we basically have the significantly better players in their positions, we were outplayed completely because we lack the football identity, belief, gameplan and hunger they played with. All things the coach is in charge of. We did not need prime Pogba and Vidal to beat this Ajax, we needed to be able to hit 3 passes after another and have ANY kind of gameplan that enforces our will on the opponent, at home, instead of being toyed with.

Its really not that hard to see, and its inexusable, regardless of how impressive Ajax was, we did little to fuck all out there. Its nothing like last season where we faced the champions Real and bowed out with our head held high with a balls out 2nd leg match giving our all.

No, this time we played a much financially inferior team, with despite their key talents, generally less equipped and inferior players, and were played off the park because they played with a purpose and we did not...

Non of this is worth close to excusing Allegri's approach with the team. Especially when its not one off, its something has been repeating itself for a while now.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Allegri was a good manager, one with faults just like anybody else, but the cycle is over. I got the feeling this season that players started tuning him out. Time for a fresh voice. And no I don’t mean Conte. Can’t believe that’s even an option. That quitter had BBC in their prime, the best midfield in the world, tevez, and still couldn’t do anything in Europe. F him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 137)