out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
De Ligt is better than Bonucci and Rugani combined...

De Jong shits all over our current mids. Amazing player...
De Ligt and De Jong are the only players on Ajax who would make our team.

We have better fullbacks than them, and a better goalkeeper.

Our attack is far better than theirs. Tadic is a Southampton reject ffs.

We have a better team than Ajax. Anyone who denies this is delusional.

The difference is the managers.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
No, they can't.

They're a pretty team and now we're out I wouldn't mind them winning it at all.

But if they come across a team like Barcelona or Man City they will be eaten alive.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
No I don't know about Barcelona but they will certainly beat man city/Tottenham

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I agree with Cancelo offensive threat but he is liability at the back but Kean had to start he was in form but Allegri started dybala who looks out of sorts and also needs to be sold this summer
If Cancelo is allowed to maraud forward at every chance, your decision to not keep defenders lower is a liability

Cancelo is only liable when demanded to sit deep and stay there.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
the thing i blame Allegri for is not making the neccessary chamges during the game when it is needes. For example, when he say that Berna sucked balls and was gassed out, he should have put Spinazzola in immediatelly on the wing or Cancelo. Kean for Dybala was a must, but Berna should have been the second player to be subbed out.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We got a huge squad overhaul to do and a coach to get rid of. Nah ain't gonna see improvements anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We need Pogba, a decent right back and a great central defender.

It's not impossible, but it won't be easy.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Actually, the difference was the situation the manager is in.

Ajax manager will play the exact same both when winning or losing the first tie 5-0

If we had lost the first tie 1-0 or 2-1 and we had to score here. LoL. We would have demolished them

And everyone fucking knows we would have.

- - - Updated - - -

We need Pogba, a decent right back and a great central defender.

It's not impossible, but it won't be easy.

Swap Dybala with Pogba and call it a mercato.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
No I don't know about Barcelona but they will certainly beat man city/Tottenham
Tottenham probably, City no way..
City can run and press 120mins not only 90, we were already two gears down when the 2nd half started
We also were fucked because we conceded that first goal so early after we scored, the team mentally needed a break and to slow things down, but that didn't work.

City and Ajax both have basically the same play style and always go for more goals - in that setup the more experienced coach and players win imo

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
How can one win in the CL if your primary objective is to counter the playing style of your opponent instead of going for a win?

When you go on about this already at the press conference it is better to forfeit without stepping on the field. How do you expect the players to perform when they are instructed not to? How can they play to win when they are only asked to either keep possession or simply stand in Ajax's way?

The sad thing is that it is an end of an era. Allegri will not be sacked, he will quit and another mediocre Italian manager will be assigned. We are up to a few trophyless years to come but we will be back.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
#Allegri : "Future? In the coming days we will meet and talk with the president"

++ #Allegri : "To the president I have communicated the decision that I would like to stay. Then we will see each other to plan the future" ++ #Juventus

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Actually, the difference was the situation the manager is in.

Ajax manager will play the exact same both when winning or losing the first tie 5-0

If we had lost the first tie 1-0 or 2-1 and we had to score here. LoL. We would have demolished them
To which all I can say is this:

How can one win in the CL if your primary objective is to counter the playing style of your opponent instead of going for a win?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
the thing i blame Allegri for is not making the neccessary chamges during the game when it is needes. For example, when he say that Berna sucked balls and was gassed out, he should have put Spinazzola in immediatelly on the wing or Cancelo. Kean for Dybala was a must, but Berna should have been the second player to be subbed out.
Berna was underperforming as hell and MDS was doing his usually nothing on attack thing. The other flank was Matuidi. Allegri had total credit for ATM win and this humiliation... Ajax were way better than us and their squad is almost a joke bar De Ligt and De Jong

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Southampton reject :sergio: . Matuidi is a PSG reject then. I get your point on Allegri not making our team play well, but stop the hyperbole ffs. If you swapped coaches tonight still Ajax would've prevailed.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
#Allegri : "Future? In the coming days we will meet and talk with the president"

++ #Allegri : "To the president I have communicated the decision that I would like to stay. Then we will see each other to plan the future" ++ #Juventus
Didnt they talk like a month ago? He is out if they are talking again...

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Max Allegri on Sky Sport Italia
“We had done well in the first half, albeit a little too frenetic when we won back possession. Football is vicious, as you concede a fortuitous goal, the fear sets in, we got stretched out in the second half and should’ve had a different approach.

“Ajax fully deserved their result and qualification to the semi-finals.”

Injuries

“When you reach the quarter-finals, it’s better to have as many options as possible, because these ties are decided by details, substitutions and options off the bench.

“We had a lot of players struggling with fitness issues and the two legs were only a week apart. We had a young player like Kean in the second half, but there’s a knock-on effect, as it allowed De Jong more time on the ball and Ajax took control.

“There are many young players in the squad who need to play and gain experience. Some might’ve paid at having two such big matches in the space of a week.

“We did well in the first half, less well after the break. The first leg was more balanced than this evening, of course.”

Future?

“I told the President that I will stay. We'll sit down with the club and think about the future.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 28, Guests: 459)