out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I do accept that there are various types of football to get results. I just dont deny that there are degrees in quality amongst those styles. I am not blind to the fact that winning the CL a la Chelsea is not the same as winning it emphatically a la Barca, or Bayern or Madrid.

I understand the argument that beggars cant be choosers and for a club who hasnt won the CL in ages, we should be satisfied if we win it in any style at all. But I disagree that this ugly football is some kind of a short cut to success, which is the assumption I see people here making whenever they put the false dichotomy of style vs results, or x-points vs points.

If it was a short cut, I'd have agreed with you but so far I havent seen any team succeed with it in the CL apart from Chelsea's fluke. Every other team that has won it did so by getting the most out of their offensive players and played dominant football to varying degrees.

I firmly believe we have the players to play offensively and win (just like we did against ATM). I have higher expectations of the team than you do. You are settling for Chelsea-style wins out of a false assumption that its the shortcut to winning titles, I am aiming for Bayern/Madrid style wins, which is more likely to be successful. We don't have Vucinic and Matri leading the attack anymore and we shouldnt play as if we still do. Our attack is the strongest area in the team now and one of the best in the world, we should play to that immense strength we have.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming we go back to old ways (which is very likely) then yeah change coach at the end of season. If that game will mark a change in approach then I'd keep him ofc.

And there is nothing exceptional so far this season. The team met expectations by overcoming ATM, we are heads and shoulders better equipped than they are. We werent punching above our weight or even sideways.
Blah blah blah.....

giphy.gif

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I do accept that there are various types of football to get results. I just dont deny that there are degrees in quality amongst those styles. I am not blind to the fact that winning the CL a la Chelsea is not the same as winning it emphatically a la Barca, or Bayern or Madrid.

I understand the argument that beggars cant be choosers and for a club who hasnt won the CL in ages, we should be satisfied if we win it in any style at all. But I disagree that this ugly football is some kind of a short cut to success, which is the assumption I see people here making whenever they put the false dichotomy of style vs results, or x-points vs points.

If it was a short cut, I'd have agreed with you but so far I havent seen any team succeed with it in the CL apart from Chelsea's fluke. Every other team that has won it did so by getting the most out of their offensive players and played dominant football to varying degrees.

I firmly believe we have the players to play offensively and win (just like we did against ATM). I have higher expectations of the team than you do. You are settling for Chelsea-style wins out of a false assumption that its the shortcut to winning titles, I am aiming for Bayern/Madrid style wins, which is more likely to be successful. We don't have Vucinic and Matri leading the attack anymore and we shouldnt play as if we still do. Our attack is the strongest area in the team now and one of the best in the world, we should play to that immense strength we have.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming we go back to old ways (which is very likely) then yeah change coach at the end of season. If that game will mark a change in approach then I'd keep him ofc.

And there is nothing exceptional so far this season. The team met expectations by overcoming ATM, we are heads and shoulders better equipped than they are. We werent punching above our weight or even sideways.
:tup:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Gasperini is a mid table club coach - Cant see him doing great things in a great club..
Zizou was hardly even a coach before he coached Real Madrid's senior team and look at his results, shouldn't matter what a manager has won in the past but what he can do with the tools and players available to him at Juve is how I judge a coach

Is Gasp a risk? Aboslutely

He has shown he can motivate a team to play well and achieve better than expected results while not abandoning his philosophy and bending over for superior teams, we can't expect to play like that with Allegri because he is limited with play style and it's not just as simple as flicking a light switch on to get the team to attack more

That has to be coached every day in training and play all games in that fashion, Allegri will play attacking football when he has no choice like Real Madrid away and Atletico at home this season when you have nothing to lose by going for it

Allegri is simply too pragmatic and too cautious to consistently beat the top teams in a run of games which is what is required to win the CL unless you get given a godly draw like Real Madrid had in 2016

I haven't seen anything from Allegri that he learns his lesson and will change his ways to be more attacking, last year should have been a wake up call against Real Madrid yet he made the same mistakes against Atletico away by being way too cautious

His style makes it more difficult for us to win the CL but not impossible, I simply think a change of approach to be more attack minded will benefit us in the long term than keeping Allegri around

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Insult other members, Juventus players and staff
I do think it was an utter disgrace from the b team to show up like this.

Hello. Its March. This is when Allegri barely rotates unless its injured. Not giving a shit when having a chance is basically going on early vacation untill july

- - - Updated - - -

Zizou was hardly even a coach before he coached Real Madrid's senior team and look at his results, shouldn't matter what a manager has won in the past but what he can do with the tools and players available to him at Juve is how I judge a coach

He has shown he can motivate a team to play well and achieve better than expected results while not abandoning his philosophy and bending over for superior teams, we can't expect to play like that with Allegri because he is limited with play style and it's not just as simple as flicking a light switch on to get the team to attack more

That has to be coached every day in training and play all games in that fashion, Allegri will play attacking football when he has no choice like Real Madrid away and Atletico at home this season when you have nothing to lose by going for it

Allegri is simply too pragmatic and too cautious to consistently beat the top teams in a run of games which is what is required to win the CL unless you get given a godly draw like Real Madrid had in 2016

I haven't seen anything from Allegri that he learns his lesson and will change his ways to be more attacking, last year should have been a wake up call against Real Madrid yet he made the same mistakes against Atletico away by being way too cautious

His style makes it more difficult for us to win the CL but not impossible, I simply think a change of approach to be more attack minded will benefit us in the long term than keeping Allegri around
Yes. Allegri got into two finals and is on route for a third, by not consistantly beating high class opponents.

Idiot

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Didnt get your point about Gasperini but Gasperini did coach a "better team" (at least on paper) in Inter - He was a massive failure..

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

It was funny at first but this quickly fizzled out as a poor attempt at trolling

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I do think it was an utter disgrace from the b team to show up like this.

Hello. Its March. This is when Allegri barely rotates unless its injured. Not giving a shit when having a chance is basically going on early vacation untill july

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Allegri got into two finals and is on route for a third, by not consistantly beating high class opponents.

Idiot
In 5 years he has beat 2 big teams in the CL, that's not consistently

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

So much mental illness :lol2:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thread ban Hist, Hydde and perma ban Vialli
Why?

Because you find what we say annoying?

Subjectiveness at its finest.

- - - Updated - - -

You would think after Tuesday night people lay off criticism for a while, but no. An utterly pointless defeat to Sturaro and we're back again.
We have the most spoiled fan base in football.
You better hang on tightly. Because until he shows he can win that cup convincingly, we will never stop.

This also goes to the rest of apologist. Brave yourselves because this will not stop. In the very same way you dont stop making excuses for allegri.

I dont care if you get annoyed, people here is not trolling and are pointing valid points. If you get mad at them is your problem.

If we get banned for it then the mods should be reevaluated because it will be abuse of power.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Making excuses for Allegri? :rofl:

There is no need for excuses. Allegri wins. And that is what this club is about. Winning is everything here.

So as long as he keeps winning in Serie A, Allegri will remain, and the bitter tears of whiny Tuz faggots will stain this great man’s thread.
Fixed that cake for you

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
You better hang on tightly. Because until he shows he can win that cup convincingly, we will never stop.

This also goes to the rest of apologist. Brave yourselves because this will not stop. In the very same way you dont stop making excuses for allegri.

I dont care if you get annoyed, people here is not trolling and are pointing valid points. If you get mad at them is your problem.

If we get banned for it then the mods should be reevaluated because it will be abuse of power.
#GETREADY to ignore :lol:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
#GETREADY to ignore :lol:
Please dont

- - - Updated - - -

And the fact that their is no better coach available.
I wanted zidane, but now i dont know what to think.

I mean vialli has a point that conte was no one before coming here, and allegri was a joke of a coach (lets be honest here, we used to have a laugh with him at milan, gol di muntari??). They both came and made their names be known.

That means that other capable man could come and do the same if he is eager enough. That said, we improved a lot from conte to allegri. I would not like conte here ever again. I prefer pretty much to keep allegri if thats the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 140)