out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They dont even play the same position wtf?? Lets take out Woj and replace him with Rugani...
I find it just a little amusing that when we finally play a dominant offensive match, motivated, energetic, pressing... solid at the back, smooth and flowing in attack... the best player in the world getting fed chances and scoring... just the sort of match that so many have been bashing Allegri for not getting the team to play all season long... and we did it against one of the best defensive + counterattacking teams in football...

Same people want Allegri to change the line-up now, less than a week later.

:lol3:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I think the lineup against Atletico is the most balanced we could field going forward.

Two offensive wingbacks, Can as CM/CB hybrid and Pjanic playing further forward. At times, I saw Matuidi playing much deeper than Pjanic.

Even in attack, Berna and Mandzu compliment Cristiano better than anybody else. Together with Costa and Dybala coming off the bench to change the game, we could be a handful for any team.

Sad to say, but Dybala had to be the sacrifice of this tactical adjustment but if it is for the greater good of the team, then so be it. We needed to field Mandzu as a LW 3 years ago to achieve better results and we almost won it all.

All Allegri needs to do especially with 18 pts clear in the league is keep our best players fresh and motivated because we have a huge change to go all the way this year. Can't find a better opportunity than this really. I thought we blew it away but I'm so happy we are still alive.

You can clearly see that when we have a positive approach, we play better football that in turn gives us the desired results. I don't care what happens in Serie A but this is all I expected from Allegri really atleast as far as Europe is concerned. Hoping we continue this trend. Pragmatism is necessary but hope we don't overdo it when we don't need to.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Better instruct all players to protect themselves from injuries in Serie A at all costs.
Just not worth it at this point.
:agree:

We need to manage fatigue and muscle injuries more than anything. Traditionally we haven't been very good at rotating in key area but given the gap we have earned in the league now is the time.

Although often players who are less committed to challenges or pull out are the ones that get injured, so can be a dangerous mentality to get into. We also need to make sure we don't find ourselves coasting in between the CL games as it can be hard to get out of that approach.

It is going to be something that Allegri needs to manage. I think we should play as normal but just rotate more and not take chances on players carrying knocks.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Max Allegri's presser:

*Blaise and Chiellni likely to be rested
*Cuads is recovering. MDS will return on Tuesday. We have to understand if D.Costa can return for Champions League. Barzagli needs to be evaluated, Khedira is waiting for the ok from the doctors [:lol:].“
*GOAT staying home
*GOAT played plenty of games this year. We confronted each other and he serenely shared my idea about his management in the next matches until the Champions League.*Dybala returning to form
*Nicolussi Caviglia's debut was satisfying for Juventus. He's also in the class of 2000, like Kean.
*On Tuesday, Mario was fundamental with his physicality. He had a great game and he sacrificed a lot."
*Perin will start
*The first leg wasn't a failure against Atletico, and we aren't in the final yet. We need to always take it one step at a time. We are well both physically and mentally*I must compliment the guys for their calmness and lucidity they had when it was 1-0 and 2-0. The objective was to not concede a corner to Atletico. And even those who took over, made a difference
*I was pleased with the enthusiasm and the emotions from the people, and I hope it continues. We need to continue like this and train well, while keeping a low profile.
*Only 5 wins are missing to claim the Scudetto mathematically. Tomorrow it will be a difficult game. Genoa, at home, is a tough opponent and we have to have the right performance. In the first leg, we dropped points against them.
*Right now the balance in the squad is good. We did something special on Tuesday and the team spirit is positive.
*The other evening I was more pleased by the enthusiasm from the stadium. Seeing the excited fans. Something is changing, for the better and not for worse.
*Ajax is a fast team with players of great quality, who are difficult to come up against. They will be different games in respect to Atletico. It's a mistake to think we are already in the semi-final
*Only 5 wins are missing to claim the Scudetto mathematically. Tomorrow it will be a difficult game. Genoa, at home, is a tough opponent and we have to have the right performance. In the first leg, we dropped points against them
*I was pleased with the enthusiasm and the emotions from the people, and I hope it continues. We need to continue like this and train well, while keeping a low profile

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'Same Juve script, different actors'
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri hinted at many changes when Juventus visit Genoa tomorrow, resting Cristiano Ronaldo, and warned against underestimating Ajax.
It kicks off on Sunday at 11.30 GMT, click here for a match preview.
The Bianconeri are still shaking off the celebrations after beating Atletico Madrid 3-0 to reach the Champions League quarter-finals.
“We need balance above all else at the moment, though every now and then we do something excessive on one side or the other,” said the Coach in his Press conference.
“On Tuesday, it was extraordinary for Juventus to overturn the initial away defeat and win the second leg 3-0. It was an exciting evening and a sign we needed to learn nothing can be taken for granted. Now we must dive back into our Serie A commitments.”
Ronaldo is not in the Juve squad to face Genoa, as he is rested following the Champions League hat-trick against Atletico Madrid.
CR7 made the same lewd gesture that Diego Simeone did to his fans during the first leg and there are reports the striker could be suspended by UEFA.
“Absolutely not,” shrugged Allegri. “I think everyone celebrated their own way on the field and in the stands. I saw nothing strange, just a celebration. There won’t be a ban.
“I left Ronaldo at home this weekend because he has played a lot, has the two Portugal games coming up, and it would’ve been risky to keep playing him every few days.
“We have five wins left to be sure of the Scudetto, as Napoli could still in theory reach 90 points. We dropped the ball against Genoa in Turin and were held to a draw, but we need to take it one game at a time.”
The Bianconeri will face Ajax in the Champions League quarter-finals, with Manchester City or Tottenham Hotspur in the final four.
“I like this new system of the double draw, as at least you get it over quick. There’s no point people saying Ajax are no match for Juventus, because they knocked out Real Madrid, have a lot of talent and are particularly tough to play against on home turf.
“It’ll be different to the Atletico games and it would be a huge mistake to already start thinking about the semi-final.”
Allegri confirmed Juan Cuadrado, Andrea Barzagli, Sami Khedira and others are still injured, but Douglas Costa needs a fitness test.
Could the system used against Atletico Madrid become a reference point for Juventus going forward this season?
“It depends on the characteristics of the players. I’d done the same in Madrid, but the difference was we had De Sciglio on the right, who is less attacking than Cancelo, while Paulo Dybala doesn’t have the same characteristics as Federico Bernardeschi. Rodrigo Bentancur was the third midfielder.
“We only changed the actors, but the general script was the same. We just made a worse film in Madrid. We could also rest Blaise Matuidi and Giorgio Chiellini tomorrow. I can confirm Mattia Perin will play in goal.”

Jan 22, 2016
They dont even play the same position wtf?? Lets take out Woj and replace him with Rugani...
Spinazzola played as LWB and LW against Atlético, why couldn't Costa play in those position when we need goals?

It's not like Spinazzola did so much defending apart from pressing, something that Costa is capable too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just saying with this new formation it would be great to test different players in the league games and see what happens.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Spinazzola played as LWB and LW against Atlético, why couldn't Costa play in those position when we need goals?

It's not like Spinazzola did so much defending apart from pressing, something that Costa is capable too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just saying with this new formation it would be great to test different players in the league games and see what happens.
Costa cant defend. U would leave entire left flank open. We would get killed.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
3-5-2 with this midfield won't work, we need the extra attacker in a 3-4-3 if we want 3 at the back.

It's not like the days of Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Idc much for today. Some players are indeed disappointing and they need to do better regardless but our focus is on CL. Id take 10 draws in Serie A if this means key players getting rest and performing when it matters.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I hate the 5-3-2 with a passion, for games like today where rotation is needed i'm fine with it

The players didn't do enough today simple as that
our main problem is the midfield.
Our opposition always looks like they have 2 more players than us.
Pathetic is also the fact that Genoa was making a good pass without effort while we're simply unable.
Or we waste possesion infront of penalty area without producing a single shot

I'm eager to see our next manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 141)