out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
The thing that his mentor also said is that Allegri was thrown off by the unexpected Khedira situation and Pjanic's illness. It has to be said that it must have been a really difficult situation to loose two of his main midfielders two days before the Atletico game. I dont know if there is a chance for Khedira to play in the return leg but with Pjanic fully fit and no other injuries in the meantime there is a big chance that we might perform a miracle against Atletico. God, i want us to knock out Atletico so much.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
As mentioned before, I've supported Allegri. But he shot himself in the foot at Atleti when he mentioned beforehand how important it was to get an away goal. Then the game starts and it's obvious he was going for a 0-0. Disappointing. He's under immense pressure and got two weeks to overcome his biggest challenge here.

The players have to take their share of the blame as well, I thought the midfield and Bonucci were pathetic. But also the first time I've seen Max thoroughly schooled tactically by another manager. That was surprising and hard to watch.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Lol at people thinking we will hire foreign coach.What other Italians are any good except those I mentioned.
I am certain it is going to be Zidane if Allegri leaves. And to answer your question there is Ancelotti, Sarri, Spalletti, Mancini who are all bigger names than the once mentioned (bar Conte offcourse). You have a Giampaolo in Sampdoria who does a good job an is wellrespected.

- - - Updated - - -

contes european record is also a scandal
That to, but I still think that is more of a coincidence than anything that has to do with his ability as a coach.

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
There is no italian coach with the status to coach Ronaldo e make us improve in the CL (Ancelotti doesn't count). The next coach Is going to be non italian for sure

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Lol at people thinking we will hire foreign coach.What other Italians are any good except those I mentioned?
De Zerbi, Inzaghi

There is no italian coach with the status to coach Ronaldo e make us improve in the CL (Ancelotti doesn't count). The next coach Is going to be non italian for sure
I think you are right, I can't see us going all out on Ronaldo and then penny pinching on a coach if we were to change. There are no viable Italian options at the moment so can see us going foreign. The problem is there don't seem to be as many really reliable top level mangers around.

I still have faith in Allegri and can't think of anybody else I'd want instead. I just wish he'd be braver at times.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
De Zerbi, Inzaghi

I think you are right, I can't see us going all out on Ronaldo and then penny pinching on a coach if we were to change. There are no viable Italian options at the moment so can see us going foreign. The problem is there don't seem to be as many really reliable top level mangers around.

I still have faith in Allegri and can't think of anybody else I'd want instead. I just wish he'd be braver at times.
Zidane would be the obvious choice. In my opinion he has a lot of similarities with Max. Both are pragmatic adapteble coaches. Zidane comes with the extra European pedigree of having won the CL three times, a bigger name to attract new players and maybe changing coaches would bring some new inspiration, motivation and ideas to the team.

My own preference would be a coach that could give the team an attractive attacking identity. Someone like Pep or Pochettino.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Zidane would be the obvious choice. In my opinion he has a lot of similarities with Max. Both are pragmatic adapteble coaches. Zidane comes with the extra European pedigree of having won the CL three times, a bigger name to attract new players and maybe changing coaches would bring some new inspiration, motivation and ideas to the team.

My own preference would be a coach that could give the team an attractive attacking identity. Someone like Pep or Pochettino.
Zidane's record in the CL is incredible. But he also had an incredible squad and was well off the pace in La Liga. I know people will say the don't mind sacrificing the Serie A for the CL, but the La Liga form concerns me. Our game against Real in the Bernabeau last season is also a concern. He's a big gamble for me.

I like Pochettino but again he is unproven.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Zidane's record in the CL is incredible. But he also had an incredible squad and was well off the pace in La Liga. I know people will say the don't mind sacrificing the Serie A for the CL, but the La Liga form concerns me. Our game against Real in the Bernabeau last season is also a concern. He's a big gamble for me.

I like Pochettino but again he is unproven.
I would not worry to much of Reals league form under Zidane. In the first year when he took over they were far behind, 8-10 points something like that, and they almost catched Barca in the end. The second year they won La Liga. The third year they had a weak start and in La Liga with Barca and Atletico there, it is almost impossible to catch up, so they focused on the CHL instead an won it.

He did have an amazing squad and I am not fully convinced he could get the same kind of results elsewhere either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 226)