out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Man, when I see these old farts like Ancelotti, Mourinho and Guardiola, who fail to connect two good seasons in a row, without major crisis or getting fired... And then when I look at Allegri's work in recent years, always managing to motivate the players and integrate new players in various systems, then all I can say is: Kudos Mister!

Mar 9, 2006
His team badly need 2 or 3 new mids, At least capable of running with ball and making assist.
Part of our boring football is because of our lame midfield.
the problem is that he doesn't want to change anything, best formation that Juventus supposed to use is 4231 with Pjanic - Matuidi in the middle and Costa - Dybala - Ronaldo - Mandzukic upfront, but Allegri is scared to change anything, he became Conte v2.0 longtime ago, his stubborness is unreal, he says that Dybala should play between the lines but what we see every match? Dybala is forced to play as right winger and start Juventus' attacks from the deep, he can't do it, he is not this type of players

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
the problem is that he doesn't want to change anything, best formation that Juventus supposed to use is 4231 with Pjanic - Matuidi in the middle and Costa - Dybala - Ronaldo - Mandzukic upfront, the problem is that Allegri is scared to change anything, he became Conte v2.0 longtime ago, his stubborness is unreal, he says that Dybala should play between the lines but what we see every match? Dybala is forced to play as right winger and start Juventus' attacks from the deep, he can't do it, he is not this type of players
Allegri has made frequent changes to his formation over the years when necessary. And aside from that he changes the lineup, player roles etc within the formation. Allegri has little in common with Conte and is actully one of the most tactically flexible managers out there. What you are claiming he lacks is one of his main strengths and says alot about your insight into it.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Under Allegri, Juventus plays to the level of our opponents. If our opponents suck, then we usually don't play well. If our opponents are great, then we step it up. That's why we rarely trash teams by big margins, but we still perform in the Champions League.

A part of me does wish that we would kill teams by 6 goals like Barcelona, but as long as Allegri delivers consistently in Serie A and the CL you can't argue with his methods.

Mar 9, 2006
Allegri has made frequent changes to his formation over the years when necessary. And aside from that he changes the lineup, player roles etc within the formation. Allegri has little in common with Conte and is actully one of the most tactically flexible managers out there. What you are claiming he lacks is one of his main strengths and says alot about your insight into it.
Tactically flexible - forced Pjanic to play the role that doesn't suit him, same story with Dybala, the fact that he still cant find a proper formation for current lineup says a lot about him, he is running from one formation to another trying to find a formation that will finally work, this time its 433 but after the very first lose he will change it to something else, he doesn't have a plan, he doesn't have a vision what he wants from the current squad we just jumpin from 442 to 4312 to 4231 to 433 and vice versa

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Tactically flexible - forced Pjanic to play the role that doesn't suit him, same story with Dybala, the fact that he can still find a proper formation for current lineup says a lot about him, he is running from one formation to another trying to find a formation that will finally work, this time its 433 but after the very first lose he will change it to something else
I'm confused? I thought your issue with him was that he was too stubborn and refused to change anything? Now you think he will change from 4-3-3 at the first loss?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The reason our 4231 worked is bc of 2 wingers (Cuad & Mario) that tracked back and put incredible amount of work in defensive phase. Costa and CR wouldnt work bc neither is good defensively and I prefer CR to remain further up, without defensive duties. Thats not why hes brought here. Id love 4231 again but CR would need to play as a lone striker, which isnt his best position.

Mar 9, 2006
I'm confused? I thought your issue with him was that he was too stubborn and refused to change anything? Now you think he will change from 4-3-3 at the first loss?
He's stubborn with his unwillingness to change the trio in the middle, you can't bench players Douglas Costa, Cuadrado and Bernardeschi, you either play them and find them place on the pitch or gtfo from here

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Derail threads where there is serious discussion going on.
Take that to the the mod thread, also be very careful with your choice of words
C'mon dude, admit it.
You do have a power trip...
And you're also very selective about who you ban, for the same infractions mind you.

Pulling out the ban hammer whenever you're triggered by a poster :lol:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Under Allegri, Juventus plays to the level of our opponents. If our opponents suck, then we usually don't play well. If our opponents are great, then we step it up. That's why we rarely trash teams by big margins, but we still perform in the Champions League.

A part of me does wish that we would kill teams by 6 goals like Barcelona, but as long as Allegri delivers consistently in Serie A and the CL you can't argue with his methods.
I think this holds us back in the CL, since we are used to playing to an average level all season then when we have to up our game the players are just not used to it

I would rather see us play to 80% every week and show some consistency than sometimes 50% other times 60% and then when a big team comes along in the CL it's hard to play to 90%-100% because the players are just not used to that intensity

It's also incredibly boring to watch and I have lost interest this season until the CL starts again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 286)