out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Oh I cannot not dislike allegri atm, because he clearly have no idea on maximizing the players abilities that we currently have.

And forget about champagne football for a moment, we can't even do this with players like Ronaldo, Costa and Cuadrado, Bernadeschi, Sandro and Cancelo on his disposal :

We can't even use counter attacks as our strength to win games.
Considering this video, we need Higuain back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
It's quite simple what Allegri brings to the club. Juventus have always been focused on dominating Italy first, then Europe afterwards. Max is cynical and result-oriented. We all know this. He doesn't really care about how we play as long as we win. 4 domestic doubles in 4 seasons are astonishing results. Chip in 2 CL finals and you have on paper a golden era.

When you have alot, you want more, it's human nature. And I understand fans wanting more attractive football. I agree that we play frustrating football at times and we aren't always playing to our potential. But from a business and straight winning perspective, let's say Allegri gets out 75 % of the attacking potential in this team. Are you willing to risk the domestic dominance and long European runs by sacking him? I'm not so sure we'd perform better with a Zidane or Pep. Look at Bayern this year, like us they have by far the best squad in Bundesliga, but are 9 points off Dortmund. Look at PSG in CL last year or even this year. Napoli outplayed them badly at times. Zidane at Real was quite lucky against Bayern last season, they got outplayed and were saved by poor finishing.

The main reasons I respect his work as a coach is by looking at the players who left his team. ALL of them have regressed. Morata, Pogba, Bonucci and even Dani Alves. So you have a manager who players enjoy playing under, who is winning (just not the CL finals), who guarantees a large amount of success AND develops players. The decision is easy in my eyes, It's not worth risking at all.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...The main reasons I respect his work as a coach is by looking at the players who left his team. ALL of them have regressed. Morata, Pogba, Bonucci and even Dani Alves. ....
yes, that's something we rarely talk about, but it is a key part of allegri's work. some might say that it's the juve environment that makes players peak, but it's hard to deny that most of our outgoing players rarely perform at the same level again.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yes, that's something we rarely talk about, but it is a key part of allegri's work. some might say that it's the juve environment that makes players peak, but it's hard to deny that most of our outgoing players rarely perform at the same level again.
I think is evrything involved.

I mean, this juve team of the agnelli era, was started with a group of solid profesionals eager to prove themselves and a coach that got the most of them. At the same time, the players and coach were backed up by a very serious project and owners who knew what they were doing. Adding to that the work ethic that characterizes juventus, you will get a solid result.

In this agnelli era, what i have realized is that the working enviroment in juventus is a very serious and disciplined one. Players who come here, embrace the working ethic and try to stay as disciplined as possible. This makes easier the coach job to make every player aim the same objective and follow orders.

Players like pogba, vidal, etc....went ahead of themselves and underestimated juventus enviroment and the project as a whole. But like i said, it was not only the coach... as conte even when he is no allegri, was also capable of getting the best of players who were focused inside this enviroment which seems to be great for pro footballers to work.

Juventus is a well managed business with rules and excellency in sight. Thats why i think that working for juventus must be everycoachs dream. Not only you dont have to deal with idiots like berlusconi or florentino, but you have behind you a great group of disciplined players who know their place and know that if they do stupid, they are out.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I didnt mind winning 1-0 after coming from 2 consecutive 7th finish places. Just like Inter and Milan are happy with a 1-0 win. But you win 7 straight Serie A titles and you keep on failing in CHL because Allegri plays pragmatic football. What’s the point of winning another Serie A and not winning CHL, the more Serie A titles we win and the more we fail in CHL no one will take serie A or Juve seriously. Just like no one cares wheather Porto or Sporting wins portugal league. Serie A is shit and Juve lives in a fantasy unless Juve improves their game. Offensive, pressing is football is the way to go not pragmatic, defansive, catenaccio football.
This post is offensive

Mar 10, 2009
Why would you make me click this notification. Just to trigger me?

Catenaccio with 3 strikers standing at the half-way line? Allegri is a revolutionary.
What Allegri has done in the past is really good, but their is no need to be as defensive anymore. We have the components of a great attacking side, with one of the GOAT and we don't appear to be making the best out of it. If you want to win the CL these days you have to play attacking football. Allegri's teams usually peak between February - May, so we'll see how far he takes this team. However if he flops in the CL then I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Zidane.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
What Allegri has done in the past is really good, but their is no need to be as defensive anymore. We have the components of a great attacking side, with one of the GOAT and we don't appear to be making the best out of it. If you want to win the CL these days you have to play attacking football. Allegri's teams usually peak between February - May, so we'll see how far he takes this team. However if he flops in the CL then I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Zidane.
Allegri's minor problem is that he's too attacking. Look at us nowadays. We defend only with 7 players. Completely unheard of, Zemen level defending. As a result, you won't win the ball back easily and so sometimes you are chasing it or the match is basically ping-pong. Also you are sacrificing build-up because there are only 3 lines of play whereas Guardiola would have like 6 lines of play.

If you take any screenshot at any moment in one of our recent matches, you will quite literally see 3 of our players standing on the opponent's back line. How people see this as defensive is just insane.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
The problem it's not about being defensive anymore but about moving the ball in very slow, sluggish way, over reliance on ineffective crosses and inability to successfully counter attack.

I said in the live thread against torino, there was a moment when sciglio played one two with Ronaldo, he busted forward but nobody else was nearby to connect that attack, dybala was nowhere to help, and mandzukic went to the far post opposite side position. Sciglio was forced to launch a mediocre and failed cross. The entire midfield was nowhere to help, the overall vibe from the team was that there is no drive to score, no sense of urgency to score, and no vision of how to attack. This was in early or middle of the 1st half, fatigue shouldn't be an issue.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
The problem it's not about being defensive anymore but about moving the ball in very slow, sluggish way, over reliance on ineffective crosses and inability to successfully counter attack.

I said in the live thread against torino, there was a moment when sciglio played one two with Ronaldo, he busted forward but nobody else was nearby to connect that attack, dybala was nowhere to help, and mandzukic went to the far post opposite side position. Sciglio was forced to launch a mediocre and failed cross. The entire midfield was nowhere to help, the overall vibe from the team was that there is no drive to score, no sense of urgency to score, and no vision of how to attack. This was in early or middle of the 1st half, fatigue shouldn't be an issue.
For some people playing offensive football means putting there a lot of strikers. Teams who play offensive football sometimes play with no real number 9. Remember spain vs Italy. They had no striker in the team. Can you say they didnt play offensive football? Of course not. Having three players upfront who stand there doesnt make you an offensive coach either.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Exactly. And yes, we have amazing players in each position, who has great skills going forward. But it seems Allegri has clear problems integrating those individual creative skills, to build a proper organized unit. Those in this threat who are 'defending' Allegri's tactics, are the ones who often complain about our mediocre midfield, that we get overrun, and that Pjanic is tired and needs rest, Matuidi and Bentancur sucks etc. They shouldnt be that bad though. It is more another sign of incomplete game plan and tactical choices.

I hope this is also not offensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 26, Guests: 311)