out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
Max always says the important thing is to get to March and still be in all three competitions.

We're eight points clear at the top of Serie A and in the last 16 of the Champions League with a game to spare.

In the years he's been here we've won the domestic double every season, two CL finals and two last-gasp eliminations.

Max knows what he's doing and he knows what he's talking about, if we're still playing like tonight in March then it's cause for concern but right now it's all about getting there.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
but we didnt even play a Coppa game yet
Would be very hard to be knocked out of Coppa already.

- - - Updated - - -

saw that too :lol: lazy ass Costa thought he could get away with staying upfront for a while, but youre not CR fancyboi :costa:
Did you see the GOAT hustle and win the ball back just before the final whistle to close out the match? Cristiano is a god.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear diary.
I am a peasant shit. I failed at life again today.
I also complain that my favorite soccer team thats getting results and is topping its group, 8 points clear in league and still in coppa, isnt in prime form at the moment.
I say this while i should also know that if they were in prime form now, they'd be jaded and exhausted when it actually matters to be in form in 4 months time.
But i say it anyway on this forum, because i decide i want to fail twice at life today.
sincerely yours,
Peasant shit.
Xoxo, Gossip girl

@DAiDEViL ;)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Would be very hard to be knocked out of Coppa already.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the GOAT hustle and win the ball back just before the final whistle to close out the match? Cristiano is a god.
ofcourse, thats what GOATs do. but he needs to do less defensive work imo, like Lebron. hes gonna be gassed by his 4th season here if he keeps this up :cr7:

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
All coaches have flaws. Guardiola, widely regarded as the best coach in the world by main stream media, hasn't won the CL since 2012. He hasn't even been to the final since then. Lyon manhandled City last night and should've scored 5 goals also.

We haven't won the CL in many years and I understand our fans yearning for that trophy. But we have to be careful on wishing Max gone. We were lucky with his appointment after Conte left. That luck may not be there if we get rid of him. You never know how a manager will pan out. Bayern thought Pep would bring them multiple CL's, it didn't happen.

He does make some frustrating decision once in a while and I do believe there is an immense pressure on Max to get that CL trophy this year. But he guarantees us the stabiliy which the whole club is based on and we just can't afford to risk that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: ‘Fiorentina always difficult’ | Football Italia
Massimiliano Allegri admits “it’s always been difficult for Juventus” at Fiorentina, who will be “pushed by the whole city”.
The Viola consider the Bianconeri to be their most bitter rivals, with the match at the Artemio Franchi often seen as the biggest game of their season.
Tomorrow Stefano Pioli’s side welcome the Old Lady to Florence, and his opposite number is well aware of the difficulties the fixture presents.
“More than a pitfall it’s a difficult game, because Fiorentina are a good team,” Allegri warned in his pre-match Press conference.
“They’re well coached, with young, strong players who are doing well. They haven’t lost at home yet, they’ve scored 14 goals and only conceded three, while for them this is the most importune game of the year.
“For ourselves it’ll be like a lot of other games, we’ll find a team that will do everything to beat us, but it’ll be an important game for us because all of the top three are playing away to difficult teams.
“It’ll be a long game, because games in Florence never end and we’ll be facing a team who will be pushed by the whole city.
“We will have to have the same enthusiasm and play with personality and great technique.
“When we arrive in April we’ll be able to say what the most difficult month is, now let’s think about tomorrow, then on Friday we’ll have another head-to-head game with Inter.
“Then we need to go to Switzerland to secure first place [in the Champions League group], because at this point that becomes important. Then we’ll have the other games.
“The most important thing now is Florence, because of the difficulties with the game and the atmosphere.
“It’s always been difficult for Juventus in Florence.”
Allegri then gave some updates on his team selection for tomorrow, starting with Rodrigo Bentancur.
“He can still play some games and tomorrow he’ll play, then we’ll see [Miralem] Pjanic and [Blaise] Matuidi. Then there’s [Juan] Cuadrado who can play on the right.
“Let’s see who has recovered, because Tuesday [against Valencia] was a tough game. [Federico] Bernardeschi is back, [Mattia] De Sciglio will be there.
“It’s difficult for Alex Sandro, [Sami] Khedira will be out. Emre [Can] did part of the training session with the squad yesterday, so we’ll see if he can make the bench.
“From next week he’ll do more intense training, and he could be available against Inter.
"I don't think it'll be the same team, because we played Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday. Afterward we'll have a week where we can recover our energies.
"That doesn't mean that those who will be on the bench tomorrow will stay there for the whole game, but there could be some changes tomorrow.
"It could be [Leo] Bonucci, Mandzukic or [Miralem] Pjanic [who rests]. We'll see.
"In midfield I don't have many options, so all I can do is take one out. At the back it's all good, because [Daniele] Rugani had a good game against Spal and [Medhi] Benatia played a great game against Milan.
"Occasionally I like to give [Giorgio] Chiellini a liltte rest, Leo has played a lot and he could also rest tomorrow.
"The important thing tomorrow is to be aware of the difficulties of the match.
"It will be a beautiful day of sport and football because playing in Florence in front of a wonderful crowd is always nice."

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri: ‘Dybala helps Juventus’ | Football Italia
Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri singles out Paulo Dybala for praise - “he gets us out of difficult situations”.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Mario Mandzukic are developing an impressive partnership, but the Tuscan is keen not to leave out La Joya from that equation.
“They did well on Tuesday,” Allegri replied, when asked about CR7 and Mandzukic in his pre-Fiorentina Press conference.
“Those two, but Dybala too. He’s scoring less, but he links the play and he often gets us out of difficult situations because he has a a lot of technique.
“He’s improving in that respect, and he’s very important for us.
“It’s just a question of characteristics. Ronaldo and Mandzukic need space further forward, then a third has to move into the space they leave, whether that’s Paulo or a midfielder.
“As for his growth, I’ve always said that he has to be an all-round player in certain games. He’s not scoring like last year, but in terms of the team’s play his crucial.
“It’s not that his role has changed, it’s just that before we only had one up-front, which was [Gonzalo] Higuain.
“Now we have two. With the characteristics of those two players, it’s normal we need someone to link things.
“Paulo always plays the same way, but now we have one more striker and one less in the middle of the pitch.
“Then Ronaldo’s characteristics mean he sometimes approaches the goal in a different way.”
There will be Serie A matches on Boxing Day this year, will it be difficult to keep the team going across the holiday period?
“The thing that’s a bit strange is that we’ll go to Bergamo on December 25. We’ll be training on the 24th and 25th, so we’ll try to eat as little pandoro as possible.
“Not least because it’s cold in Bergamo on December 26 and we risk stuffing ourselves. So we’ll try to avoid it, for the sake our our health.
“But before we get there we need to sort things out with Inter, Fiorentina, and then Torino, which is the derby and always complicated.”
It was then put to the Coach that his team needs to be more clinical.
“I don’t think it’s a question of being clinical, I think we have the best attack in the league,” Allegri pointed out.
“Until now we haven’t managed to win a game 4-0, if that’s what perfection is. Aside from that perfection doesn’t exist and I don’t want it.
“The team must continue to improve because we need to raise the bar, every day each and every one of us must ask more from himself, because you can’t just maintain your level, if you try to you just get worse.
“We need to improve and be aware that up to now we haven’t done anything. Then we’ll see the truth later.
“Scudetti are won in May, the Champions League in June. We need to keep going with balance, without getting carried away by these results, so we can arrive in March in the best physical and, above all, mental condition.
“We know Napoli and Inter are always there, because we still need to play Inter twice and Napoli once. There’s a big difference between three points and one point, and it’s in those moments you can throw away a lead.
“We work, and we’re aware that tomorrow is an important round because we, Napoli and Inter are playing difficult games.
“Then the next one will be important too, because to win the league you need a certain number of wins. Our objective is to be top of the table on December 29, hopefully with a big points advantage.”
A big subject in Italy in recent weeks has been the abuse from the stands, and Juve are sure to find a hostile atmosphere tomorrow.
“It’s something that’s found generally in Italy. [Carlo] Ancelotti has spoken about it, I’ve spoken about it and other Coaches have spoken about it.
“It’s a matter of sporting education. Sport in general is wonderful, football even more so because it attracts millions and millions of people.
“Rivalry is essential, but it has to be a healthy rivalry and that’s what we need to improve on in Italy.
“It’s right to cheer for your team, the lads need it, but everything else must be lived in another way. Maybe we’re getting there slowly, we’ve certainly improved, but rules are needed.”

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
His press conferences are so good. Never boring, but never any meltdowns either. Occasional funny moments without clowning.

They're also very long, but I like that he seems to take his time to properly answer questions, rather than just talking in clichés (apart from his favourite line about March which I think he says in every month that isn't March)

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Yeah. The most worrying part for me is that he seems to indicate that he wants to play formations like 4-3-1-2, through the middle. Which seems quite strange having in mind the way the team has been shaped.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I'd love it if we played more through the middle
That would make sense to do when we field 3 CMs, 2 strikers and Dybala. However then play on the wings with players out of position. I dont care what we do. As long as we use the players suited for it. Its hard to argue knowing better than the coach, so I wont say that, but Im puzzled for sure :) We are on a winning coarse so far, and if it stays like that and if we can raise our play to the occasion, then no complaints.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
That would make sense to do when we field 3 CMs, 2 strikers and Dybala. However then play on the wings with players out of position. I dont care what we do. As long as we use the players suited for it. Its hard to argue knowing better than the coach, so I wont say that, but Im puzzled for sure :) We are on a winning coarse so far, and if it stays like that and if we can raise our play to the occasion, then no complaints.
I think we often look far too much to cross the ball, crossing in general is a lottery

We should look to play through the middle more, get in dangerous spots in and around the box and put more pressure on opposition defenders
Those little one twos etc
We get stuck in games where we solely go to the wing and cross in, rinse repeat

I'd play a Christmas tree and depending on personnel have one winger look to go more wide and the other to play a more central role

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 61)