out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I think it's more alarming that he has to switch around all game, every game, instead of having a solid plan. We have so good players, almost anything should work. We don't really know what to do in attack, but how could we, when players play left and right. We are winning comfortably, so nothing to complain about, but the worry is of course when we are gonna meet the elite.
And please utilize our subs when we have so good players and a Kean on the bench.
He doesn't have to switch around all game, every game even if all Serie A coaches make a few changes every game. He does too, and his changes are usually on point.

Had to fix more things this game because we could only start with 2 CMs. Had to juggle between a brand new attacking shape that the players didn't feel comfortable with (442) and playing Cuadra as mezzala. Found a solution with still slower DC in the middle (with Pjanic & Bentancur held back to defend), Cuadrado attacking from right from his mezzala role, and Ronaldo on left which stretched their defense. Few, if any coaches, would've thought of playing DC as trequartista.

Really odd to complain, esp using this particular game, with our midfield situation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
He doesn't have to switch around all game, every game even if all Serie A coaches make a few changes every game. He does too, and his changes are usually on point.

Had to fix more things this game because we could only start with 2 CMs. Had to juggle between a brand new attacking shape that the players didn't feel comfortable with (442) and playing Cuadra as mezzala. Found a solution with still slower DC in the middle (with Pjanic & Bentancur held back to defend), Cuadrado attacking from right from his mezzala role, and Ronaldo on left which stretched their defense. Few, if any coaches, would've thought of playing DC as trequartista.

Really odd to complain, esp using this particular game, with our midfield situation.
Yes I partly agree with that. And I was not specifically complaining about this game. You praised him in general for switching so much between formations, and I mentioned that I dont necessarily only see positives from that. I have been very happy with Allegri here and I think we couldnt have found anyone to do better than him. They would also most likely have left again after a few seasons, whereas Allegri has been stable and reliable, made us able to build a coherent team. But now when we have all these worlds bests players in almost every position, and when we need to have them all performing together and trash the CL, then Im not 100% convinced Allegri is the man. I think he plays some weird systems once a while, has a weird preference of some players, even playing them awkwardly out of position to just fit in. And I feel our attacking game plan has been a bit abysmal so far. The season is still young and people say that Allegri always plays better in the second half, lets see. But I am not sure how that works and if we can just expect that to happen. I dont see any reason why we dont have proper attacking flows already now. Why we give the ball to Cuadrado to have him pump balls into the box (not even from the line) while Mandzukic is on the left wing. Things like these that we have seen, that doesnt make logical/tactical sense at all.
Oh, not to mention the outrageously stubborn sub of Barzagli against United, transforming us from the dominant and winning side to a surrendering defending side, with a criminal past of nervousness induced fuck ups. These things I hope are not signs of lack of intelligence from our man, because if they are, they could really be a ceiling for us and our achievements.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
what about Conte and Italy in 2016 though? for guys like de Sciglio, Eder, Pelle, Sturaro, Zaza etc it's the absolute pinnacle of their careers
nah, Milan was mediocre top to bottom. Allegri got that team past the group stage and won one game in the knock outs against barcelona, while finishing 3rd in the league. and that after a very poor start of the season. Conte had some quality players, Gigi, BBC, De Rossi, Motta, Florenzi, guys like El Shaarawy, Insigne, young Berna of the bench. besides, Stu has won 4 scudetti and been part of 2 CL finals reaching teams, why would this be the pinnacle of his career? Zaza has scored the scudetto decider before, why would that comical PK miss be the highlight of his career? MDS has a bronze medal from the Confed Cup. agree about Eder and Pelle tho, but they are mediocre bums that shouldnt even have been there, should name their 1st borns Antonio for what he has given them

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Insult other members, Juventus players and staff
Pitbull having a hard time with 3 of the most retarted posters on Tuz after him lol. He is partly right though. There is a big difference between winning titles on the bench at Juve, as 5th choice, and being an integral part of a teams accomplisments. Zaza did contribute quite a bit though, when here.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah Sturaro, MDS and Zaza have all won Scudetti but making the QF of the Euros is the pinnacle of their careers...:lol3::sergio:

@Post Ironic @ Hængebøffer
de Sciglio and Sturaro at Euro2016 and de Sciglio and Sturaro at Juve are two different things, performance wise I do think that's the best they ever played. You might be right about Zaza, his pinnacle would be better described as the whole season of 2015/16 and the summer.

Then again, the tone of your post doesn't deserve a decent answer and it's not a one time thing, so let's talk about this in the Mod thread as it's getting old.

Last edited:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
wish we would play someone like Emre Can there instead. or Vidal

- - - Updated - - -

lol is that a new poll? feel like there were waay more NOs
Yes that was a new poll. At the time I think a lot were against Max. Is there anyway the hierarchy here can get the original poll from the day he joined. Even remember that Italian dude on YouTube going nuts at the appointment of Allegri. All I remember his words were “Pezzo di merda Allegri”

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I think it's more alarming that he has to switch around all game, every game, instead of having a solid plan. We have so good players, almost anything should work. We don't really know what to do in attack, but how could we, when players play left and right. We are winning comfortably, so nothing to complain about, but the worry is of course when we are gonna meet the elite.
And please utilize our subs when we have so good players and a Kean on the bench.
I appreciate the tactical flexibility, tbh. Would much rather have that then just one stubborn gameplan. It's not like we're watching Prandelli fiddle around for no damn reason, we're still winning afterall.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I appreciate the tactical flexibility, tbh. Would much rather have that then just one stubborn gameplan. It's not like we're watching Prandelli fiddle around for no damn reason, we're still winning afterall.
Yes and no. We have been winning Serie A. But not what many considers our main target in recent years. Im more than confident that we will win Serie A with Allegri, and we might also win the CL. But I think he has some serious flaws in his tactics and football mentality, that makes it a bit more difficult for us to win the CL than it could have been. Overall I am very happy that we have had him.But I think we must consider if there are other options available too, with coaches who has been used to managing teams of such high individual quality and who has a more aggressive style in CL.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yes and no. We have been winning Serie A. But not what many considers our main target in recent years. Im more than confident that we will win Serie A with Allegri, and we might also win the CL. But I think he has some serious flaws in his tactics and football mentality, that makes it a bit more difficult for us to win the CL than it could have been. Overall I am very happy that we have had him.But I think we must consider if there are other options available too, with coaches who has been used to managing teams of such high individual quality and who has a more aggressive style in CL.
We could've maybe won it against Barcelona if Vidal had not been retarded, I doubt against Madrid though. We're bringing Lemina off the bench, they have a fresh James.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Good win but mediocre performance. Our passing is so bad at times. Game tonight had a vibe of EPL match. Rubbish. Too many silly mistakes.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Then Dybala gets benched... u cant fit them all in.

Tonight though was a shit show. Never felt we had control over the game. Reckless in challenges, sloppy first touch, poor decision making in final 3rd, etc...

The technical level of this team should be better than what we saw tonight.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dear diary.
I am a peasant shit. I failed at life again today.
I also complain that my favorite soccer team thats getting results and is topping its group, 8 points clear in league and still in coppa, isnt in prime form at the moment.
I say this while i should also know that if they were in prime form now, they'd be jaded and exhausted when it actually matters to be in form in 4 months time.
But i say it anyway on this forum, because i decide i want to fail twice at life today.
sincerely yours,
Peasant shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 210)