out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I wouldnt mind that too. If we play Ronaldo/Mandzukic on top, with the 2 behind being picked from: Costa, Dybala, Cuad (or Cuad one of the 3 CMs), Berna.
That way we would be able to play wide and narrow as we please.

I agree that the way we have been playing wide when playing with wingers, has been a bit repetitive at times, especially without Costa. Then it has been a lot of crosses from deep and with a very low conversion. However it has still been super powerful, as we have been able to throw 20 crosses in, and only a few needs to find the target.

These videos are pretty interesting btw:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbokIEECkotU8F1H1PMBkOg

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think we often look far too much to cross the ball, crossing in general is a lottery

We should look to play through the middle more, get in dangerous spots in and around the box and put more pressure on opposition defenders
Those little one twos etc
We get stuck in games where we solely go to the wing and cross in, rinse repeat

I'd play a Christmas tree and depending on personnel have one winger look to go more wide and the other to play a more central role
We need midfielders like Pogba or Isco to play through the middle, which are both technical and dynamic and can operate in tight spaces. Pjanic, Bentacur or Matuidi cant quite cut it. Besides Khedira, neither of our central midfielders is capable of playing higher up the pitch and making runs inside the box.
Dybala can drop deep but his first touch often lets him down, which usually means losing the ball since there are 2-3 players surrounding him.

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
We need midfielders like Pogba or Isco to play through the middle, which are both technical and dynamic and can operate in tight spaces. Pjanic, Bentacur or Matuidi cant quite cut it. Besides Khedira, neither of our central midfielders is capable of playing higher up the pitch and making runs inside the box.
Dybala can drop deep but his first touch often lets him down, which usually means losing the ball since there are 2-3 players surrounding him.
This is true but I also think it's on our wide players to look to cut inside a bit more

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What happens with Doug C now? 4-3-1-2 through the middle excludes our best attacking player.

Or is he on the fringe now until he is sold for that spitting incident?
well, Cuads isnt usually our RCM, and Dybala isnt a dead set starter either. you would agree that Can/Khedira/Bentancur wont play wide so much like Cuads, so Costa would be more useful in such scenario on the right than Dybala is in todays setup

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Only missing CL to be the best Juve coach of all time. The level of consistency is off the charts. Give this guy a top midfielder in January and watch the world burn.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Hahah, read Juve social media and Allegri apparently has new haters in Ronaldo fanboys who don't want us to play more attacking so that Ronaldo can score more goals :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 270)