out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I wonder what his tactics will be against Napoli, on one hand we contained them perfectly in our first encounter and they couldn't put a dent in our defense when we gave them the initiative for almost whole game, but on the other hand our defensive solidity is gone, we're struggling to not concede against the lowest of opponents.

Napoli are on their last legs and seem there for the taking, would love it if we found it in ourselves to put them in their place with a big performance, would also help us next season if we stomped them instead of trying to grind out a draw/small win. But putting on Chiellini-Benatia and Buffon behind them and let them deal with whatever Napoli throw at them must be tempting for Max.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Don't worry. He turned the page against Madrid and figured out that we could bulldoze big teams like Madrid let alone minnows like Crotone. There will be no return to boring pussy tactics.
So what was the endless passing back yesterday ahead of the Crotone goal? And the millions of crosses that Crotone defended while blind folded?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Was waiting for his post match interview. Probably his worst one yet.

His team had a disgusting attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

So what was the endless passing back yesterday ahead of the Crotone goal? And the millions of crosses that Crotone defended while blind folded?
JCK, our team had had problems crossing since the days Nedved & Camo retired. Since Conte's day one we have seen the absolute horror show our team provides when crossing. Remember the Pirlo short corners we had for 3 years? I don't remember scoring from an actual corner KICK. Cuads will put in 2/10 decent crosses...Costa is our only thread from the wing.

I don't know why you are surprised. I will say this, I am happy that we are at least trying to cross more. That's why I've been calling for mario to be ST behind Higuain because we really need that height in the box. Mario is easily our greatest threat in the air when in the box.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Lol, we haven beaten Real Madrid and Tottenham with crossings from Licht and Khedira.
Khedira was a cheeky lift/chip, not really a cross.

Licht...the guy that crosses into defenders more than anyone on our team finally put in a couple decent crosses...6 years into his time at the club. :baus:

You know what I mean, I don't think it needs to be spelled out to you. Our team has been piss poor at crossing. Whether its the actual cross itself or someone actually making the run in the box at the other end of the cross.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Khedira was a cheeky lift/chip, not really a cross.

Licht...the guy that crosses into defenders more than anyone on our team finally put in a couple decent crosses...6 years into his time at the club. :baus:

You know what I mean, I don't think it needs to be spelled out to you. Our team has been piss poor at crossing. Whether its the actual cross itself or someone actually making the run in the box at the other end of the cross.
At least he contributes, when it matters.

Lichtsteiner great cross 1:

Khedira great cross/ship:

Lichtsteiner great cross 2:

Costa lucky:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
yes, and? Those all came in the span of, what, 2 games over the entire season?

Feel free to highlight the entire season of every single cross attempted. Doesn't change the fact that our only REAL consistent threat from that kind of service is Costa.

- - - Updated - - -

And no, you can't say "at least Licht contributes when it matters"...that was 2 games, how many of we played where he was playing and didn't actually contribute (via crossing)?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
And no, you can't say "at least Licht contributes when it matters"...that was 2 games, how many of we played where he was playing and didn't actually contribute (via crossing)?
Licht always has been fairly good at providing the basic offensive support and stretching opponents, definitely way more confident and superior going forward to Barza or de Sciglio. When we had strong CFs like Llorente or Mandžukič playing, his assist numbers from crosses were decent, he also was pretty good at making runs that Pirlo picked out.

of course he isn't good enough offensively for a wing back in 352, but if you consider him a fullback that was playing out of position for a long time, I can't complain about his offensive contributions over the years. if our current RB options had a younger Licht we'd have nothing to worry about, his crossing was more than good enough for a fullback

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
yes, and? Those all came in the span of, what, 2 games over the entire season?

Feel free to highlight the entire season of every single cross attempted. Doesn't change the fact that our only REAL consistent threat from that kind of service is Costa.
yes, against teams like Crotone and Sampdoria he seems to be the only thread :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

This season everytime he played in a match when it matters he contributed. Not his fault, when Allegri plays De Shittio.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
13th in the team with minutes played, leads team with 10 assists against Pjanic's 8 (2nd) assists with almost 700 more minutes played. So yeah, I guess all 10 of those came against Crotone and Sampdoria. Got me there...

...Licht has 2 assists. (At least when it mattered).

- - - Updated - - -

to be fair, Licht also has become rather mistake prone, often losing physical battles and costing quite a large amount of goals over the past 2 years
He and I are only talking about crossing at the moment. At least I was.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
13th in the team with minutes played, leads team with 10 assists against Pjanic's 8 (2nd) assists with almost 700 more minutes played. So yeah, I guess all 10 of those came against Crotone and Sampdoria. Got me there...

Yes Costas 10 Assists:

4 against Sampdoria
2 against SPAL
1 against Cagliari
1 against Crotone
1 against Chievo and
1 against Atalanta

Edit: and I think 5 of them where crosses.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

He and I are only talking about crossing at the moment. At least I was.
y I noticed, I was just commenting on Wittl not understanding Allegri preferring DS, I think it's pretty clear that Max doesn't trust Licht defensively for a while now

- - - Updated - - -

nope, he has 3 plus some hockey ones like the Higuain goal against Spurs

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes Costas 10 Assists:

4 against Sampdoria 3 pts
2 against SPAL 3 pts
1 against Cagliari 3 pts
1 against Crotone 1 pt
1 against Chievo 3 pts
1 against Atalanta 3 pts
16 pts he helped the club collect. Obviously points we certainly didn't need this season.:baus:

Keep the posts coming.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
16 pts he helped the club collect. Obviously points we certainly didn't need this season.:baus:

Keep the posts coming.
Never said that it is not needed to pull goals assists against shit teams. It is his business, absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

And btw if we talk about statistics, I wanna do it right:

Goal/assists stats in all competitions so far:

[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]Minutes[/td]
[td]Goals[/td]
[td]Assists[/td]
[td]G/A every XXX minute[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Berna[/td]
[td]990[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]7[/td]
[td]83[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Dybala[/td]
[td]2951[/td]
[td]25[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]95[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Higuain[/td]
[td]3486[/td]
[td]22[/td]
[td]8[/td]
[td]116[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cuadrado[/td]
[td]1619[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]147[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Khedira[/td]
[td]2546[/td]
[td]8[/td]
[td]7[/td]
[td]170[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Costa[/td]
[td]2545[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]11[/td]
[td]170[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Pjanic[/td]
[td]3132[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]12[/td]
[td]174[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Mandzu[/td]
[td]2861[/td]
[td]10[/td]
[td]3[/td]
[td]220[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Costa as effective as Khedira.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Some of you have immense balls to bash Allegri? Seriously?

Allegri's only mistake iMO is keeping Marchisio out and not giving him enough confidence, other than that there's not much to say.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Never said that it is not needed to pull goals assists against shit teams. It is his business, absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]Minutes[/td]
[td]Goals[/td]
[td]Assists[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Berna[/td]
[td]990[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]7[/td]
[td]83[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Dybala[/td]
[td]2951[/td]
[td]25[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]95[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Higuain[/td]
[td]3486[/td]
[td]22[/td]
[td]8[/td]
[td]116[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cuadrado[/td]
[td]1619[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]147[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Khedira[/td]
[td]2546[/td]
[td]8[/td]
[td]7[/td]
[td]170[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Costa[/td]
[td]2545[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]11[/td]
[td]170[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Pjanic[/td]
[td]3132[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]12[/td]
[td]174[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Mandzu[/td]
[td]2861[/td]
[td]10[/td]
[td]3[/td]
[td]220[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

might be one of the worst seasons Higuain has had lately

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Some of you have immense balls to bash Allegri? Seriously?

Allegri's only mistake iMO is keeping Marchisio out and not giving him enough confidence, other than that there's not much to say.
Who is bashing him?

And as you already know, my balls are immense.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Never said that it is not needed to pull goals assists against $#@! teams. It is his business, absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]Minutes[/td]
[td]Goals[/td]
[td]Assists[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Berna[/td]
[td]990[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]7[/td]
[td]83[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Dybala[/td]
[td]2951[/td]
[td]25[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]95[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Higuain[/td]
[td]3486[/td]
[td]22[/td]
[td]8[/td]
[td]116[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cuadrado[/td]
[td]1619[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]147[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Khedira[/td]
[td]2546[/td]
[td]8[/td]
[td]7[/td]
[td]170[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Costa[/td]
[td]2545[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]11[/td]
[td]170[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Pjanic[/td]
[td]3132[/td]
[td]6[/td]
[td]12[/td]
[td]174[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Mandzu[/td]
[td]2861[/td]
[td]10[/td]
[td]3[/td]
[td]220[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

God dammit Mario sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 76)