out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I also think Khedira is $#@!ing useless in 80% of our games but if he consistently performs in the CL then he can play in the CL until his heart's content.

The Allegri approach to Real 4-1 Bayern in the first half at the Allianz 2-0, Spurs 2nd half in Turin and Madrid 3-0 is $#@! and there was no signs of Allegri doing a 180 on that.

But i'm assuming after seeing what you can do to these $#@!s who are used to putting the opposition on the back foot for 90 minutes, Allegri realised that the 'old way' is redundant in Europe.

So yeah, if Allegri continues to set us up to take the game to opponents then keep him here by all means.

But if we find ourselves parking the bus against $#@!ing spurs and hoping to nick a goal after conceding over 60% possession then of course the coach is $#@!ing up. So I guess what I should say is if Allegri has put to bed the ultra conservative approach against elite teams then he's great in my books. If he reverts to Conte 2.0 then I'd prefer him gone. Guess we'll see which approach he favours next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't hold the lack of subs against him because if you remove the UEFA factor, it was all according to plan.

My issue is we should never, ever revert back to cowering in defence from the 1st minute of a big CL game against any opposition. Even if we are on paper inferior to a few teams the ultra conservative approach does not work.

Serie A teams have tried for 7 years to park the bus against us and we're winning the Scudetto every season. In the CL teams have tried parking the bus against Madrid and Ronaldo $#@!s them every season. It's not difficult to see a pattern here. You simply can not 'steal' a CL now. The Chelsea one in 2010 was the last we'll see of that kind for some time imo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
2012 was a fluke anyway. Bayern dominated that final. But Drogba was big game player.

Di matteo is a CL winning coach, meanwhile Allegri, Simeone, Klopp...all much better managers but not.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
THIS. I love Max, we have to fu cking demolish the opposition always. That is the way we should play forever.
Fukin this.

Some here call our pleas as "bitching" and as "bannable offense"...but holy shid look at what we can do when we play with an ounce of resolution and not give 60% possesion and catenaccio till our eyes bleed.
Just look at what allegri can do today when he doesnt play like we are winning 5-0 from the get go.

After tonight, he surpassed conte for me
You know im one who criticizes allegri a lot, and rightly so... but he surpassed Conte long time ago in almost every possible way.

We'll see Allegri's real formation once one of Dybala/Higuain is sold.
The dybala Higuain debate will be a huge one....its sad to see one of them being sacrificed... because dybala is younger and more marketable but higuain bang the goals. In the end dybala should be aprt of our brand and well higuain should go... but neither of them scores for fun in the CL.

WHat ill be curious to see, is what dybala could be caoable with world class mdifielders behind him...food for thought

Easily the best manager we've had for a long time, however he needs to sort out a few things. No I'm not talking about leaving out the subs, but just the following:

1. Drop the respect we have for our opponents.
2. Work on the mentality so that this Juve is firely from the get go. I get the feeling that we leave things until we get desperate. Tonight proved we are better than Real. Just imagine if we were like this from the start? Tie would have ended in Turin.

Never mind though, great manager.
This this and this. WHy its sooooo difficult to undertsand for some here?

I would add a thrid...and is to use more his players... not to get encased in using a handful...im talking about khedira and mandzukic...and im fully aware mandz put a show today...but we all know his "mandzukic" performances has been drying up since a long time. Its more a thing eh has against madrid than anyhting else.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Criticizing Allegri in this thread should be a bannable offense.

Don't know how anyone can question him. Absolutely scraped the best team in the world in their home stadium 3-0 after being dealt a grossly unfair deficit from the first leg. He deserves better.

There is no one better than him. MVP of the team for sure.
This is a very biased comment. Why we cant criticize him if we can play better for sure like we did today? Or are you telling me we can play focused and be into the game only when we have huge deficits or are balls o the walls?
Why we cannot go and take the bull by the horns every game?

We al know allegri is playing with a shitty midfield.. but he also needs to fix some shid. If we were not as carefree in the first game..today we would have been rejoicing an easy win.

He has some homework to do this summer...and this time beppe better listen to him and doesnt bring him more khediras freebies.

He's not the reason, but he did do some mistakes. In hindsight, we should have went for it after the 60th minute. Allegri also tends to sit back, and only pushes his players when things become urgent. He also feels gives top teams too much respect. After this tie I have been led to believe that Juve are better than Real Madrid, and we should treat it like this.
This is the only thing i ask for him. The perennial sit back and soak pressure in every. single. game. There are games to do that...but when you set ur team to work at 45% of their potential and do nothing about it...we become complacent and get bad habits. Look at what juve did today. Totally the opposite.

And Real madrid is nothing...NOTHIING if ronaldo doesnt bail them out. Even with their estellar mdifield.... you just need a couple clinical strikers, some good midfielders and suddenly their defense turns to butter.

we all keep saying he needs a stronger squad and I fully agree. However the one thing that worries me is that he actually prefers to have a midfield of Khedira, Matuidi, and Pjanic considering he never plays Marchisio and has specifically asked for average players like De Sciglio.
yeh... and this has nothing to do with beppe. Thats why i say that allegri needs to fix some of his shid too. He has been great here... but he is not at his limits and he can improve in the same way we can improve our players for him.

Great logic that.

And in case you didn't $#@!ing realise, it's Beppe and Patrici that do the transfers not Allegri.
And this cant go on. If they want to win the damn CL...they should let allegri decide more transfers. Marotta is fuking riding the paycheck and in his comfort zone , selling big and buying sup par players. He seriously needs to get scolded and put his ass to work this summer. On the other hand...allegri needs to put real pressure on the board. No more mr nice guy "bring me something and ill decipher the puzzle". Fight for the players you want and make us the beast we need to be.

I also think Khedira is $#@!ing useless in 80% of our games but if he consistently performs in the CL then he can play in the CL until his heart's content.

The Allegri approach to Real 4-1 Bayern in the first half at the Allianz 2-0, Spurs 2nd half in Turin and Madrid 3-0 is $#@! and there was no signs of Allegri doing a 180 on that.

But i'm assuming after seeing what you can do to these $#@!s who are used to putting the opposition on the back foot for 90 minutes, Allegri realised that the 'old way' is redundant in Europe.

So yeah, if Allegri continues to set us up to take the game to opponents then keep him here by all means.

But if we find ourselves parking the bus against $#@!ing spurs and hoping to nick a goal after conceding over 60% possession then of course the coach is $#@!ing up. So I guess what I should say is if Allegri has put to bed the ultra conservative approach against elite teams then he's great in my books. If he reverts to Conte 2.0 then I'd prefer him gone. Guess we'll see which approach he favours next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't hold the lack of subs against him because if you remove the UEFA factor, it was all according to plan.

My issue is we should never, ever revert back to cowering in defence from the 1st minute of a big CL game against any opposition. Even if we are on paper inferior to a few teams the ultra conservative approach does not work.

Serie A teams have tried for 7 years to park the bus against us and we're winning the Scudetto every season. In the CL teams have tried parking the bus against Madrid and Ronaldo $#@!s them every season. It's not difficult to see a pattern here. You simply can not 'steal' a CL now. The Chelsea one in 2010 was the last we'll see of that kind for some time imo.
This this and this. Bolded parts. I coudnt have said it better.

Ill not lay low and pretend eevrything is alright and we got robbed. Yes real amdrid robbed us. Its clear as day... but we put ourselves in that position for starters. And this includes everyone... not only allegri. From bepper bullshid mercatos, to Chiellinis brainfarts, to be a whole season playing on 3rd gear, to allegri respecting too much enemies and waiting for blows to react.

Yay tibbers!

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Best coach in the world, begging for quality so he stops pulling these rabbits out of the hat. We're taking on teams with players they themselves deemed redundant. Yet he turns these occasions into some contest and some we win, others we lose. Why are people saying we played cautiously at home? we didn't, we got undone by a great goal and a red card, we had that match under control but because we don't have great players we couldn't convert.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I had the same feeling.

But at the same time, we really should have went for the jugular after Matuidi's goal. Real looked extremely vulnerable at that point, but they managed to regain shape as time went on.
For the first several minutes after Matuidi's goal we were pressing still... But then Real Madrid pressed forward hard in the last 15 minutes and we had to soak up pressure. Y'all make it seem like we can take the game to Real Madrid with ease for the entire 90 minutes. They are going to have their periods where they take the game to us in a match. It's just going to happen, so you soak up pressure and try to use players as outlets to break it, until you can take control back.

Do people think we really just let Madrid take control for shits and giggles? Or that they let us have the run of the match for the first 75? Things ebb and flow. In extra time Allegri would have put on fresh legs in Cuadrado and perhaps Marchisio/Bentancur and we would have pressed hard to win against a tired Madrid that had burnt themselves out pushing for a winner in those last 15 minutes.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
For the first several minutes after Matuidi's goal we were pressing still... But then Real Madrid pressed forward hard in the last 15 minutes and we had to soak up pressure. Y'all make it seem like we can take the game to Real Madrid with ease for the entire 90 minutes. They are going to have their periods where they take the game to us in a match. It's just going to happen, so you soak up pressure and try to use players as outlets to break it, until you can take control back.

Do people think we really just let Madrid take control for shits and giggles? Or that they let us have the run of the match for the first 75? Things ebb and flow. In extra time Allegri would have put on fresh legs in Cuadrado and perhaps Marchisio/Bentancur and we would have pressed hard to win against a tired Madrid that had burnt themselves out pushing for a winner in those last 15 minutes.
Exactly.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I had the same feeling.

But at the same time, we really should have went for the jugular after Matuidi's goal. Real looked extremely vulnerable at that point, but they managed to regain shape as time went on.
Yes, maybe. But I think going for extra time was the safe bet, also with the Away goals rule still standing.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Allegri to this day gets bashed here for subbing off an exhausted Morata against Bayern in 15/16, and using all his subs before extra time.

And now today he gets bashed for saving subs to bring on in extra time and push against Madrid's tired legs.

Just can't win with some people.
I bash him too, but he proves me wrong every year. Today is not the day to criticize him or this team. He did everything right and showed - once again - that this team has serious quality.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Of course Real are not going to just let us do what we want. And I'm not faulting our performance either. We did a heck of lot better than I imagined.

Sure, he could have put fresh legs on at the start of extra time. He could have done the same at the 75 minute mark as well. Who's to say what's best?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Of course Real are not going to just let us do what we want. And I'm not faulting our performance either. We did a heck of lot better than I imagined.

Sure, he could have put fresh legs on at the start of extra time. He could have done the same at the 75 minute mark as well. Who's to say what's best?
Exactly my point. People bashing him for not making the subs, have no idea how the subs would have turned out. Maybe Cuadrado would have taken 10 minutes to get himself fully up to speed in the match and we would have conceded twice instead of once. Maybe he would have gotten himself sent off like he did in the CL final?

Hindsight is hindsight for a reason.

Allegri's choice was fine. It would have been fine if he had made the subs too. Second guessing it is pointless.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
A genius. So unlucky. Wouldve destroyed Madrid in extra time with four fresh legs.
Yeah, i was in fact extremely confident madrid was gonna lose 100% in ET

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point. People bashing him for not making the subs, have no idea how the subs would have turned out. Maybe Cuadrado would have taken 10 minutes to get himself fully up to speed in the match and we would have conceded twice instead of once. Maybe he would have gotten himself sent off like he did in the CL final?

Hindsight is hindsight for a reason.

Allegri's choice was fine. It would have been fine if he had made the subs too. Second guessing it is pointless.
Subs wouldnt have changed shitty the peasant ref blowing an imaginary PK.

But a fresh QuadsBaby in extra time when defenders are ded AF from Costa ?

RIP

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am really bored of all the same comments that usually revolve on Allegri's decisions. Whether it is to play defensively, offensively, attractive, when to make subs, how to field a formation, Which players to start and what roles to be given etc. It's all the same really but in the end Allegri can play any style, he can play any formation and hopefully he continues to do so, he is not a person that has a characteristic style like Pep or Mourinho or whatever other manager certain fans want here. He plays the style that is adequate for the situation and I'd rather have such a manager than any other manager.

Enough! Really enough! It's getting boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, maybe. But I think going for extra time was the safe bet, also with the Away goals rule still standing.
The thing is maybe 10 minutes ahead of the penalty I got relaxed. I was relaxed at kick off that this is just another friendly that will not result in anything and we scored so fast. Things were going our way the entire game except for the 50-50 decisions that the ref gave to them. Look at the first goal and the ball that Douglas Costa took, it was a bounce and it went our way. We gained momentum on that and ignored the referee, my nervousness grew and I got into the game, I was shaking for the most part as I was witnessing something amazing. When Madrid increased the pressure and they did not produce from it for a period of time, I started to relax. I knew what Max was doing, he saw that Zidane consumed his subs and he wanted to meet the team at FT and decide how to punish them in ET. It was that obvious and I really believed that this will happen. The penalty was like an ice bucket, I was left stunned. And even then I still believe The Pole would save it, the worst part was it had to be against the best goal scorer in the history of the game.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I am really bored of all the same comments that usually revolve on Allegri's decisions. Whether it is to play defensively, offensively, attractive, when to make subs, how to field a formation, Which players to start and what roles to be given etc. It's all the same really but in the end Allegri can play any style, he can play any formation and hopefully he continues to do so, he is not a person that has a characteristic style like Pep or Mourinho or whatever other manager certain fans want here. He plays the style that is adequate for the situation and I'd rather have such a manager than any other manager.

Enough! Really enough! It's getting boring.
:tup:

I get tired of reading constant whining and moaning about Allegri every time I visit this thread so I engage and defend him. But I'm done responding to such bitching. I shall just ignore it in the future.

I'm sorry for contributing to the shit in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 147)