out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
In the end our entire season could be a disaster because of 3 missed penalties, 2 in the laegue and 1 in CL.

That sounds like a joke, but can become real if Napoli continue to win and we drop from CL in London.

Mar 10, 2009
In the end our entire season could be a disaster because of 3 missed penalties, 2 in the laegue and 1 in CL.

That sounds like a joke, but can become real if Napoli continue to win and we drop from CL in London.
Serie A is garbage, we'll win it for sure. Everyone knows its the CL which makes or break our season. I won't be satisfied with getting knocked out in the 1/16 and win Serie A.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
To be fair to Allegri, his vommenes about being behind Barca, Bayern, Real, PSG and City this season is absolutely true. I also think it is fair to say that Tottenham vs Juve this season is a 50/50 tie. Tottenham have a really good team, with some top class players, a really good manager who have been able to give their team a clear identity, and they have been able to hold on to most of their best players for 3 years straight. I considered us as favorits beore the first game because of our experience in the CHL, but in terms of quality of players and manager, we are evenly matched.

Offcourse he should keep quite about this, but it is still the thruth.

- - - Updated - - -

So suddenly we haven't been punching above our weight in the past couple of seasons? People acting offended while pretending we somehow have the same objectives on the market and same financial power as some of Citty/PSG/United/Barca/Madrid, which is not really the case... he only stated the obvious, how are we after 6 Scuddetos and 2 lost UCL finals, are we a more imposing or more financially potent club? Maybe on paper because reality wise we don't invest anymore than a team like Tottenham... a team that caused us problems mainly due to our poor finishing and blatant individual mistakes, team that probably played the game of their lifes last night and still were about to lose it if not for some bad luck...

People should ask themselves some other questions aswell, how far have we come in terms of first 11 since the 2015 final? Maybe depth wise we improved with decent squad players but in terms of the team that is supposedly capable to battle it to the trophy in UCL is more or less the same as it was quality wise, atm we just don't seem to be able to fix one areea without damaging another, this doesn't say much of Allegri as much as it says about our management and their current ambitions... it's great that they keep an eye on future stability but i am sure there is some middle ground in this aswell, tho personally i refuse to believe that in all this years we coudnt have replaced some key players in a more fashionable matter... but who cares right? This just details that don't really matter to some.

On a side note, having to replace and fix this puzzle of a team every summer ain't an easy task and it really isn't helping our in-game relations either, nonetheless injuries did play a huge part already during this tie unfortunately...

All in all, as disappointed as i am i'd still rather be patient regarding Allegri and see how the next couple of weeks pan out, they will make or break our season and he certainly is aware of it.

Anyway, no more excuses! We have to step up our game in the following weeks and if Max won't be able to handle it than it's obvious he reached both his and the teams maximum potential under his guidance.

Return leg will be different tho, with a fully fit squad that can properly execute the game plan we will certainly be clinical.
In terms of individual quality of the starting 11, I think this is the worst Juve team Allegri has managed, which is really worrying. If we do get knocked out by Tottenham, hopefully this will convince the club that we need to invest in the team or else this will just be a downward spiral from now on. Sometimes you need a burning platform before any chance will happen.

I think it is fair to say that Allegri got the gameplan wrong last night. I dont no why we did not play 4-3-3. We were totally dominated in midfield by Eriksen and Dembele. We are never going to be a possetion bases team under Allegri, but I still think it is worrying that we are not able to string 3 passes together when we face a team with effective gegenpress. It was pretty clear last night, that we had no idea how to play it out of defense, and we just resorted to hoofball.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd take the coach of whoever has lots of possession against us next.

Stuck record, I remember hearing the same about the likes of Spalletti and Sarri (before the recent circle jerk) when similar things happened in Serie A at J Stadium.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
RAMI¹⁰;5680453 said:
So it was Sarri and now Pochettino? :lol:
Completely different, there's not only Allegri that is a good coach out there. Sarri is overrated, Pochettino delivers when it matters and sets up his team well

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'd take the coach of whoever has lots of possession against us next.

Stuck record, I remember hearing the same about the likes of Spalletti and Sarri (before the recent circle jerk) when similar things happened in Serie A at J Stadium.
To be honest, is worrysome that a team with the quality and pedigree of juventus, can get outclassed so easily.

We have quality. We do not have the neymars of the world, but i think we have enough to not do the showing we did yesterday.

Another thing, like some have said... why we are so patched up at this point? I mean, we have been in 2 cl finals, and we look more vulnerable than before, with all that income. I dont understand.

It is like we burned our whole budget in higuain and forgot to cover the rest.

Why allegri doesnt ask for players in the position we need? I mean, they dont need to be neymar money players, but im pretty sure that our scouts can sort something out. What is marotta doing?

This situation is unnaceptable and weird as fuck

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

basically what amer is saying is the 3 missed penalties are the new "gol di muntari"

eveyrone now please -rep Amer for causing Allegri to go crazy

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The way Allegri stormed into the dressing room, revealed how he actually thinks about the game.

What he said in the press is just politics. Not putting public pressure on the team, and stating the obvious money wise.

Do poor games happen to Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona ?

Yes, they do. Even in CL.

What do they do about it ?

Show in the return leg that they are better.

We are juventus. We are going to the return leg and win the tie.

- - - Updated - - -

if Juve thinks its better than the opponent, we play at 1.7% of our potential

if juve thinks its actually a great opponent, we play at 117% potential

We went up 2-0 and thought "oh lol this peasant fools" , and gave the game away
I don’t mind the “level below the best” comment, as long as it doesn’t imply he sees no point in fighting it’s simply a factual statement (and different from what Conte said for the very reason). What I find very cowardly was his implying that being eliminated by Tottenham would be somehow natural and not a big surprise, because apparently he thought a more experienced better equipped Juventus who reached two finals in the last three years and Tottenham had an equal chance of advancing to the next round. That was also extremely disheartening for me as a ridiculously optimistic fan.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
^ Well, he (Allegri) is constantly playing down the stature of our club, and its expectations. And fucking always refusing to take any responsibility.

I want him out. Does not fit us anymore.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
^ Well, he (Allegri) is constantly playing down the stature of our club, and its expectations. And fucking always refusing to take any responsibility.

I want him out. Does not fit us anymore.
Maybe he needs to ?

How long can a coach go changing formations midway through every season. Every year his first eleven is being dismantled and he's forced to start from scratch. It's like Beppe gives him a puzzle to solve with a bunch of random signings(that's not to say those signings aren't good) and let Allegri figure it out

Let the management go one season without selling then there would be a reason to pick on Allegri

Ironically Napoli dint sell anyone this year and they're playing at their best under the coach.

When you're operating like Atletico Madrid , it's hard to criticize the coach for playing down expectations.

Can he handle his resources that he's given much better ? Yes he can but the root of the problem is pretty much obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 122)