out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
^ Well, he (Allegri) is constantly playing down the stature of our club, and its expectations. And $#@!ing always refusing to take any responsibility.

I want him out. Does not fit us anymore.
Hard to agree with anything you just said... :groan:

I bet you were thinking the exact same thing around the 33' minute mark when we were 2-0 up and blowing clear chances on the counter to close the game at 3-0 or eventually at 3-1 if not for that missed penalty. :andyandbarcelona:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Maybe he needs to ?

How long can a coach go changing formations midway through every season. Every year his first eleven is being dismantled and he's forced to start from scratch. It's like Beppe gives him a puzzle to solve with a bunch of random signings(that's not to say those signings aren't good) and let Allegri figure it out

Let the management go one season without selling then there would be a reason to pick on Allegri

Ironically Napoli dint sell anyone this year and they're playing at their best under the coach.

When you're operating like Atletico Madrid , it's hard to criticize the coach for playing down expectations.

Can he handle his resources that he's given much better ? Yes he can but the root of the problem is pretty much obvious.
And yet they crashed out of CL in the group. Losing to Man city is no shame. But lost to Feyenord and Shaktar. They for sure have better squad than Feyenord.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
How about this classy man?
Stile Juve.
Yes Sarri fit us cause he plays 20min of best football against Man City but loses both home and away. Then loses to Feyenord and Shaktar.

And he is 60 in months. Not some up and coming coach.

If CL is the ambition Sarri is hardly the first choice. Not realistic but i rather go Diego Simeone then. Doesnt play sexy football but challenges the big boys in europe with more limited budget and can bring best out of potential star players. Like Griezmann.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yes Sarri fit us cause he plays 20min of best football against Man City but loses both home and away. Then loses to Feyenord and Shaktar.

And he is 60 in months. Not some up and coming coach.

If CL is the ambition Sarri is hardly the first choice. Not realistic but i rather go Diego Simeone then. Doesnt play sexy football but challenges the big boys in europe with more limited budget and can bring best out of potential star players. Like Griezmann.
:lol:

Yeah, he wasn't serious.. but kudos for the effort

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
And yet they crashed out of CL in the group. Losing to Man city is no shame. But lost to Feyenord and Shaktar. They for sure have better squad than Feyenord.
You need to understand that Napoli and Juve have different expectations. For them winning Serie A this year would be like winning CL for us so how they managed to fare in CL would be irrelevant if they go on to win the league and it would all seem worth it for them.

I don't know if you understood my point. You can't make wholesale changes every year and expect the coach to win CL so Allegri is right in playing down the expectations. I'm with him on this one.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Who do you want to replace him?
The issue around the tuz' ranks is that some of them are really convinced that if we eventually sack Allegri we will somehow hire someone like Klopp/Guardiola/Ancelotti and if not them for some weird reason they are also sure that for example Sarri/Inzaghi/Pochettino would do 10x better at Juventus than Allegri is atm.

Luckily for some of us tho, nobody really cares what they think as long as they obviously just can't see the big picture in all of this. ;)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
You need to understand that Napoli and Juve have different expectations. For them winning Serie A this year would be like winning CL for us so how they managed to fare in CL would be irrelevant if they go on to win the league and it would all seem worth it for them.

I don't know if you understood my point. You can't make wholesale changes every year and expect the coach to win CL so Allegri is right in playing down the expectations. I'm with him on this one.
I got your point. But they kept their best and lost to Feyenord who are 4th in Netherlands. 20p behind Psv.

I also hate the "need to sell someone each summer" policy. And that is while we are competing and making CL finals. Imagine if we have a Conte season in CL suddenly. Are we selling half of the team then for some financial reasons?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I got your point. But they kept their best and lost to Feyenord who are 4th in Netherlands. 20p behind Psv.

I also hate the "need to sell someone each summer" policy. And that is while we are competing and making CL finals. Imagine if we have a Conte season in CL suddenly. Are we selling half of the team then for some financial reasons?
So ? We've lost to much weaker teams before..

If the CL isn't even an objective why rate them based on their CL form ?

- - - Updated - - -

CL revenue is exaggerated. We earn about 30M+ more if we make the latter rounds.

Don't exaggerate to make your point. It's not like we'd go broke if we had a potential 'Conte season in the CL.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Playing the way we do limits us against the good teams who can play a bit of football

Attack is the best form of defence these days when you have the ball in the opposition half they can't score

Sitting deep and allowing any half decent team possession in and around your box always runs the risk of conceding goals, one deflection or one run not tracked and it's a goal

In Serie A teams can not punish us like Tottenham and the better teams can because they don't have the quality in Serie A

Tottenham had 11 players in our own half, a Serie A team would never even dream of that bar maybe Napoli

We are treating CL games like league games and thinking our defence will hang on and not concede but we got a reality check against Real Madrid and now Tottenham played us off the park and exposed us

Regardless of who we sold we are better than that, that is not Juventus how we played against Tottenham

No fan should ever accept that kind of mediocrity that was on display against Tottenham

Our own fans booed the team because they knew that wasn't Juve either and what they paid money to see they expected better than that rubbish

As long as we are living in our Serie A bubble of winning the league it's all ok though

Pathetic attitude from the management in general

There is no will to improve just to do enough to win the league is a success for them

This Serie A bubble has to burst and Napoli winning the league may give the management the reality check they need

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Again so ? You're well aware that TV distribution in Italy and Spain works differently right ? They have 4 teams while we have 3 and usually atleast one Italian team doesn't manage to make it past the group stage which means more money to us. La Liga regularly have atleast 3 teams go beyond the group stage which means a more even distribution. So saying we earned more than Real in CL doesn't make much sense if you get the context.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I dont know what it is, probably hope to be honest

I have just been thinking about what Allegri said before the match, we need to play a good game technically to win, we cant match them physically.
We didnt do that at all, could his words about being below Real and all the other teams be a bit of a jab at the players? Hopefully get a reaction?

How many times have we seen Allegri's teams play the second leg better than the first? I have a feeling that his jab will wake the players up a bit, I also expect Allegri to come up with some tactic to nullify Tottenham and exploit them. He normally does it.
I hope anyway

I see the game at Wembley being able to go either way, 3-0 to them or 3-0 to us. Hopefully we somehow go through.

He also kept saying before the game that it will be decided in the second leg, I know that is quite normal to say but I wonder if he got a vibe from the players that this half assed performance was coming, it wouldnt be the first time

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

I have just been thinking about what Allegri said before the match, we need to play a good game technically to win, we cant match them physically.
We didnt do that at all, could his words about being below Real and all the other teams be a bit of a jab at the players? Hopefully get a reaction?

How many times have we seen Allegri's teams play the second leg better than the first? I have a feeling that his jab will wake the players up a bit, I also expect Allegri to come up with some tactic to nullify Tottenham and exploit them. He normally does it.
I hope anyway

I see the game at Wembley being able to go either way, 3-0 to them or 3-0 to us. Hopefully we somehow go through.

He also kept saying before the game that it will be decided in the second leg, I know that is quite normal to say but I wonder if he got a vibe from the players that this half assed performance was coming, it wouldnt be the first time
If anything I hope its a jab at marotta to sign some God damn Cheques without sacrificing the existing quality

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Again so ? You're well aware that TV distribution in Italy and Spain works differently right ? They have 4 teams while we have 3 and usually atleast one Italian team doesn't manage to make it past the group stage which means more money to us. La Liga regularly have atleast 3 teams go beyond the group stage which means a more even distribution. So saying we earned more than Real in CL doesn't make much sense if you get the context.
If we dont go far in CL regularly im sure we will need to sell even more. Marotta has talked about the financial gap for years.

Regarding Napoli. Why even play your best players in europe then if CL isnt objective for Napoli. Smaller teams like Basel have got to knockouts.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope anyway

Without Matuidi we lacked physicality.

Really hope he is back for 2nd leg.

I feel like both him and Dybala need to be back if we want to advance.

Aug 2, 2005
^ Well, he (Allegri) is constantly playing down the stature of our club, and its expectations. And $#@!ing always refusing to take any responsibility.

I want him out. Does not fit us anymore.
agree
i think this should be his last year
Hard to agree with anything you just said... :groan:

I bet you were thinking the exact same thing around the 33' minute mark when we were 2-0 up and blowing clear chances on the counter to close the game at 3-0 or eventually at 3-1 if not for that missed penalty. :andyandbarcelona:
that would not change the fact that he must raise the bar.. regardless of players he has, he should not say that we should not expect CL every year.. as a fan I want Juve to enter CL every year to win it; whether it happens or not; is a different thing.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
One thing is clear, we cannot go out to the games thinking we are not good enough in any sense. Spurs played their game and got us. Why we cant play a better game a get them?
I mean, the display in our home turf was unnaceptable. We all know matuidi is a key player for us, but what we saw goes way beyond a single matuidi...it was a collective and tactical shidshow.

About fireing allegri... the thing is that there are not many coaches available who can raise the bar in this team . We could very well end with Simone inzaghi or sarri... wich are not bad coaches.. for italy..... but Juventus is very big team and we would need a master coach who can not only manage the stars in this team, but bring a really good gameplan..grab marotta and agnelli by the balls to make the necessary signings (and im not talking about neymars or Kanes.. but sensible signings that can help improve us in our weak areas), and on top of it all have CL experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 201)