out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Are you doubting Euromaxx?

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose it depends how you interpret it. So far this season, we have played below the top tier. I don't think that is false.

Doesn't mean that without some more luck on the injury/ fitness front and some form we can't join them. Not the same imo as Conte complaining about money.
After that performance? It's hard to have any more faith in a guy who has clearly not learnt his lesson from past CL matches especially where we sit back for most of the game

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't think 2:2 is such a terrible result, it's pretty apparent that we can score goals against them, could've score 2 more if we got a bit more lucky last night.

Higuain had a great chance on counter and missed a penalty, Berna had a couple of shots from dangerous positions, Mandžukič and Benatia had good opportunities with headers from corner kick.

Question is, can we keep the ball better next time, if we continue to give the ball away in dangerous situations, the game again will be a very close goal fest.
We'll have Dybala and Matuidi back next game.

I'd prefer to see a 4231 start with matuidi and pjanic behind ManBro, dybala, Costa

Keeping Berna on the bench to come in, or Have Marchisio come in

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Allegri: "Football is strange, you can go from a possible 3-0 to 2-1, a possible 3-1 to 2-2. I think we all knew how complicated this would be,” said Allegri in a Press conference.

Now it’ll be like a Final in London.”

The second leg is at Wembley Stadium on March 7 and Juve hope to have Paulo Dybala and Blaise Matuidi available again.

As the line of questioning focused on where it had all gone wrong, Allegri became increasingly frustrated.

“Apart from Gigi Buffon’s save on Harry Kane, Tottenham didn’t have any real chances. In the second half we changed a few things and overall played a good game.

“We conceded the first goal playing out of defence, the second on a free kick. Football gives and it takes away, but I don’t think there’s any need to get depressed.

“If someone thought Juve could win this 4-0, then they were way off track. Perhaps reaching two Finals in three years was damaging to some people.

“Who didn’t play is irrelevant. The team put in a good performance, we took the lead and in the second half were more dangerous than them. Tottenham played very well and when we go to London, they’ll be under more pressure than us.

“They were surprised by our start and had to do something to react. We were pinned back because our wingers were too deep. It’s a pity, we’ll just have to fight for our qualification in London.

“I didn’t ask the team to go deep, more than anything else we were pushed back by Tottenham. After that 25-minute spell when they pinned us back, we couldn’t get back out.

“The Champions League is a dream and an objective, but winning it is not easy. I think people have lost some objectivity here. Juve play to win, but they are not the favourites. You can’t reach the Final every year.

“I believe the lads are putting in a fantastic season, but that’s a long way off thinking they can win a Round of 16 by a 3-0 scoreline.

“This really irritates me, because people have no idea on the dimensions of teams. The primary objective is the Scudetto: that is nothing to be sniffed at and is not easy. Then we’ll try to go forward in the Champions League.

“I will not accept that tonight’s 2-2 draw could depress the Juve fans. There are some scary ups and downs in the mood here.

“We were never the favourites to reach the quarter-final. It was always 50-50 with Tottenham and it still is. People must realise that winning is not normality, it is extraordinary. This team has won six Scudetti and reached two Champions League Finals. It’s a fine line in the Champions League between winning and not winning.

“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list.

“Next season it will be even more difficult. The best teams reach the Final and Juventus have had three extraordinary campaigns.”

Source:FI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That's it! Until next season then ....

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
So suddenly we haven't been punching above our weight in the past couple of seasons? People acting offended while pretending we somehow have the same objectives on the market and same financial power as some of Citty/PSG/United/Barca/Madrid, which is not really the case... he only stated the obvious, how are we after 6 Scuddetos and 2 lost UCL finals, are we a more imposing or more financially potent club? Maybe on paper because reality wise we don't invest anymore than a team like Tottenham... a team that caused us problems mainly due to our poor finishing and blatant individual mistakes, team that probably played the game of their lifes last night and still were about to lose it if not for some bad luck...

People should ask themselves some other questions aswell, how far have we come in terms of first 11 since the 2015 final? Maybe depth wise we improved with decent squad players but in terms of the team that is supposedly capable to battle it to the trophy in UCL is more or less the same as it was quality wise, atm we just don't seem to be able to fix one areea without damaging another, this doesn't say much of Allegri as much as it says about our management and their current ambitions... it's great that they keep an eye on future stability but i am sure there is some middle ground in this aswell, tho personally i refuse to believe that in all this years we coudnt have replaced some key players in a more fashionable matter... but who cares right? This just details that don't really matter to some.

On a side note, having to replace and fix this puzzle of a team every summer ain't an easy task and it really isn't helping our in-game relations either, nonetheless injuries did play a huge part already during this tie unfortunately...

All in all, as disappointed as i am i'd still rather be patient regarding Allegri and see how the next couple of weeks pan out, they will make or break our season and he certainly is aware of it.

Anyway, no more excuses! We have to step up our game in the following weeks and if Max won't be able to handle it than it's obvious he reached both his and the teams maximum potential under his guidance.

Return leg will be different tho, with a fully fit squad that can properly execute the game plan we will certainly be clinical.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am usually one of Allegri's biggest believers, I am almost always believing that he will fix the situation and bring the needed results but this time around I am afraid he has lost the plot. Even his press conference is terrible, usually he says the right things but no, not this time around. I am extremely disappointed.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Allegri: "Football is strange, you can go from a possible 3-0 to 2-1, a possible 3-1 to 2-2. I think we all knew how complicated this would be,” said Allegri in a Press conference.

“Now it’ll be like a Final in London.”

The second leg is at Wembley Stadium on March 7 and Juve hope to have Paulo Dybala and Blaise Matuidi available again.

As the line of questioning focused on where it had all gone wrong, Allegri became increasingly frustrated.

“Apart from Gigi Buffon’s save on Harry Kane, Tottenham didn’t have any real chances. In the second half we changed a few things and overall played a good game.

“We conceded the first goal playing out of defence, the second on a free kick. Football gives and it takes away, but I don’t think there’s any need to get depressed.

“If someone thought Juve could win this 4-0, then they were way off track. Perhaps reaching two Finals in three years was damaging to some people.

“Who didn’t play is irrelevant. The team put in a good performance, we took the lead and in the second half were more dangerous than them. Tottenham played very well and when we go to London, they’ll be under more pressure than us.

“They were surprised by our start and had to do something to react. We were pinned back because our wingers were too deep. It’s a pity, we’ll just have to fight for our qualification in London.

“I didn’t ask the team to go deep, more than anything else we were pushed back by Tottenham. After that 25-minute spell when they pinned us back, we couldn’t get back out.

“The Champions League is a dream and an objective, but winning it is not easy. I think people have lost some objectivity here. Juve play to win, but they are not the favourites. You can’t reach the Final every year.

“I believe the lads are putting in a fantastic season, but that’s a long way off thinking they can win a Round of 16 by a 3-0 scoreline.

“This really irritates me, because people have no idea on the dimensions of teams. The primary objective is the Scudetto: that is nothing to be sniffed at and is not easy. Then we’ll try to go forward in the Champions League.

“I will not accept that tonight’s 2-2 draw could depress the Juve fans. There are some scary ups and downs in the mood here.

“We were never the favourites to reach the quarter-final. It was always 50-50 with Tottenham and it still is. People must realise that winning is not normality, it is extraordinary. This team has won six Scudetti and reached two Champions League Finals. It’s a fine line in the Champions League between winning and not winning.

“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list.

“Next season it will be even more difficult. The best teams reach the Final and Juventus have had three extraordinary campaigns.”

Source:FI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Everyone talking about the last comment but ignoring the fact Allegri said 2nd leg is a final now. You know our record in finals...not sure what to think of it then. We gonna get trashed then in England?

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I have no problem with losing a game or being knocked out of a competition

However when we bend over for teams and make it easy for them to play football in our own half chasing shadows for over an hour then questions need to be asked

The first time I doubted Allegri was Bayern 2016 home and away he made crucial mistakes which made it easy for Bayern to come.back into the game or take a lead by blitzing us 2-0 early in the first leg

3 seasons straight he has played this passive football where we bunker down and play like a Benevento would against any decent team

If we went out there looking to play a bit of football and impose ourselves on the game I wouldn't have many complaints but these performances every season against any half decent side is just not good enough

We looked like the away team yesterday and we made them look like some giant of the game

It was men against boys last night and if Allegri persists with this defeatist attitude against any good team it's already over before we kick a ball

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
So suddenly we haven't been punching above our weight in the past couple of seasons? People acting offended while pretending we somehow have the same objectives on the market and same financial power as some of Citty/PSG/United/Barca/Madrid, which is not really the case... he only stated the obvious, how are we after 6 Scuddetos and 2 lost UCL finals, are we a more imposing or more financially potent club? Maybe on paper because reality wise we don't invest anymore than a team like Tottenham... a team that caused us problems mainly due to our poor finishing and blatant individual mistakes, team that probably played the game of their lifes last night and still were about to lose it if not for some bad luck...

People should ask themselves some other questions aswell, how far have we come in terms of first 11 since the 2015 final? Maybe depth wise we improved with decent squad players but in terms of the team that is supposedly capable to battle it to the trophy in UCL is more or less the same as it was quality wise, atm we just don't seem to be able to fix one areea without damaging another, this doesn't say much of Allegri as much as it says about our management and their current ambitions... it's great that they keep an eye on future stability but i am sure there is some middle ground in this aswell, tho personally i refuse to believe that in all this years we coudnt have replaced some key players in a more fashionable matter... but who cares right? This just details that don't really matter to some.

On a side note, having to replace and fix this puzzle of a team every summer ain't an easy task and it really isn't helping our in-game relations either, nonetheless injuries did play a huge part already during this tie unfortunately...

All in all, as disappointed as i am i'd still rather be patient regarding Allegri and see how the next couple of weeks pan out, they will make or break our season and he certainly is aware of it.

Anyway, no more excuses! We have to step up our game in the following weeks and if Max won't be able to handle it than it's obvious he reached both his and the teams maximum potential under his guidance.

Return leg will be different, with a fully fit squad that can properly execute the game plan we will certainly be clinical.
Juve added Costa, Matuidi, and Bernardeschi to their CL finalist roster. Allegri has a great team to work with. The man deserves our admiration for getting Juve this far, but I too echo the complaints people are starting to have.

With Juve up 2-0, Allegri simply has to find a way to get the team to keep going or control the ball better. It has happened on too many occasions. To reassure confidence they need a repeat of their performance away to Dortmund in 2015. Otherwise, it might be time to reevaluate the mentality around the style of the club.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Regardless of all other circumstances, indeed confidence will be key in the next couple of weeks, we have to regain our clinical status and i am certain that with the comebacks of Dybala,Matuidi and Cuadrado from their respective injuries we'll look like a totally transformed team comparing to last night....

Patience should be the norm for us tho, the next couple of weeks will tell us a lot about how far we can go this year on all fronts, atm there's just no need to label a whole season as an disaster after one overall poor result. :tup:

Schteinhord

Feb 10, 2011
The way Allegri stormed into the dressing room, revealed how he actually thinks about the game.

What he said in the press is just politics. Not putting public pressure on the team, and stating the obvious money wise.

Do poor games happen to Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona ?

Yes, they do. Even in CL.

What do they do about it ?

Show in the return leg that they are better.

We are juventus. We are going to the return leg and win the tie.

- - - Updated - - -

if Juve thinks its better than the opponent, we play at 1.7% of our potential

if juve thinks its actually a great opponent, we play at 117% potential

We went up 2-0 and thought "oh lol this peasant fools" , and gave the game away
Allegri always storms out as a crykid.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We'll have Dybala and Matuidi back next game.

I'd prefer to see a 4231 start with matuidi and pjanic behind ManBro, dybala, Costa

Keeping Berna on the bench to come in, or Have Marchisio come in
Mandzukic shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 at Wembley. We'll need goals to advance, not defensive stability.

Higuain, Costa and Dybala should start. Mandzu can come on as a supersub if we desperately need one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 184)