out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 1, 2003
It's incredible but I love everything this man does on the pitch.

The way he was shouting with the players even with a 4 goal lead with only a few minutes left and the way he was smiling with 1 minute left with the players on the bench and the way he left the pitch after the final whistle and made this incredible win all about his players. I love you, Max.
Think it was more like 30 secs before the final whistle when we finally saw a smile :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It's truly great to witness this Juve play, one of the best in history, with tactical flexibility, total football, balance, grinta, dominance...

You kids inhere should appreciate this more.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

The way he was shouting with the players even with a 4 goal lead with only a few minutes left and the way he was smiling with 1 minute left with the players on the bench and the way he left the pitch after the final whistle and made this incredible win all about his players. I love you, Max.
Incredible no? It's rare, just very rare to like everything about a coach, because usually if you like him as a character you might find his subs annoying, or if you like his tactical preparations you might not like how he deals with press but this man HAS IT ALL. I LOVE YOU DAD.

:touched:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I noticed that too. It was the opposite of what Mourinho did when he was an Inter cunt and got past Barcelona in 2009

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
This man has been absolute perfect the last 4 months.
Those hybrid formations are just out of this world. I still dont know if it was a 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-3 or whatever we played last night.
Most of all I love the sence of confidence our players have in Europe know. Three years ago, I would have been pissing myself after the first 15 min of not being able to string 2 passes together yesterday, but instead I felt confident that we would get it right eventually.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
This man has been absolute perfect the last 4 months.
Those hybrid formations are just out of this world. I still dont know if it was a 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-3 or whatever we played last night.
Most of all I love the sence of confidence our players have in Europe know. Three years ago, I would have been pissing myself after the first 15 min of not being able to string 2 passes together yesterday, but instead I felt confident that we would get it right eventually.
best manager in Europe?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If you told me before the season that we would play a two banks of four setup defensively and we'd rely on Pjanic and Khedira to protect the CBs, I would seriously be laughing. In fact, I still didn't quite believe we could play this Simeone style setup with these players when we got to Barca.

But you look at a player like Pjanic. His positioning is perfect every time. I don't understand it. How do you receive a pass in between our two lines anymore? Somehow he and Khedira are always covering it like they've played in this system for 10 years.

And we are happy to let the opponent play on the flanks because somehow Cuadrado/Alves and Mandzukic are always there ready to double and stop any wide penetration.

Ok so maybe there is the rare time when we are pressing but we are a bit less compact. Well the CB just runs through the striker if he attempts to get on the ball, and our fullbacks and midfield are always there to take up his space. Or there is a simple foul given. It's just amazing how teams cannot find a way to run at us with the ball anymore.

But surely we have to be easy to press if we are so compact in our defensive third. But we're not. Because we can switch the field of play so quickly thanks to Bonucci or Pjanic. And how our fullbacks have an understanding of when and how to take the open space ahead of them when the ball is not near them. To always be open.

And it has to be said that Higuain and Dybala are finding it much, much easier nowadays to play a one touch ball after they receive something from the defence. Our understanding in that scenario has improved so much. We are finding them as reference points from our own box and they know where to lay the ball off to, and then that player knows where our flank players are.

I have to say it's surprising to see us avoid the press nowadays. You have Mandzukic at LM and you think how can he navigate these tight spaces. Well the solution is that we aim for his head in every instance and he plays it with more accuracy than his foot for fuck sake.

Conte is a great coach but this football Allegri is playing now is clearly ahead for me.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
It could be interesting to see how we would deal with being a goal down in a CHL match.
Hm, yeah that would be interesting, the 3-1 win at sevilla was the only game we came back on, though admittedly they were 10 man at the time. Hopefully we avoid that situation and be the first ones to score at cardiff.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
If you told me before the season that we would play a two banks of four setup defensively and we'd rely on Pjanic and Khedira to protect the CBs, I would seriously be laughing. In fact, I still didn't quite believe we could play this Simeone style setup with these players when we got to Barca.

But you look at a player like Pjanic. His positioning is perfect every time. I don't understand it. How do you receive a pass in between our two lines anymore? Somehow he and Khedira are always covering it like they've played in this system for 10 years.

And we are happy to let the opponent play on the flanks because somehow Cuadrado/Alves and Mandzukic are always there ready to double and stop any wide penetration.

Ok so maybe there is the rare time when we are pressing but we are a bit less compact. Well the CB just runs through the striker if he attempts to get on the ball, and our fullbacks and midfield are always there to take up his space. Or there is a simple foul given. It's just amazing how teams cannot find a way to run at us with the ball anymore.

But surely we have to be easy to press if we are so compact in our defensive third. But we're not. Because we can switch the field of play so quickly thanks to Bonucci or Pjanic. And how our fullbacks have an understanding of when and how to take the open space ahead of them when the ball is not near them. To always be open.

And it has to be said that Higuain and Dybala are finding it much, much easier nowadays to play a one touch ball after they receive something from the defence. Our understanding in that scenario has improved so much. We are finding them as reference points from our own box and they know where to lay the ball off to, and then that player knows where our flank players are.

I have to say it's surprising to see us avoid the press nowadays. You have Mandzukic at LM and you think how can he navigate these tight spaces. Well the solution is that we aim for his head in every instance and he plays it with more accuracy than his foot for fuck sake.

Conte is a great coach but this football Allegri is playing now is clearly ahead for me.
Great read as always.

I think our season really started when this guy took a chance and went for a formation he wasn't known for when he also didn't have the desired players for said formation.

He really deserves this title. Fuck Zidane.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Couldnt said it better. Really how the fuck we are playing like has left me flabbergasted for 4 months straight, especially the past 2 months where our technical level and understanding has shot up big time.

I been TRYING my hardest trying to replicate this tactic in both FM and PES, its very hard, mainly because of the aspect that Mandzukic provides, the difference between how he plays with the ball and off it is huge in reality. FFS he was in the box for every cross past game, while playing 2nd LB or CM rest of the time, how do you programme for that in a game lol.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Couldnt said it better. Really how the $#@! we are playing like has left me flabbergasted for 4 months straight, especially the past 2 months where our technical level and understanding has shot up big time.

I been TRYING my hardest trying to replicate this tactic in both FM and PES, its very hard, mainly because of the aspect that Mandzukic provides, the difference between how he plays with the ball and off it is huge in reality. FFS he was in the box for every cross past game, while playing 2nd LB or CM rest of the time, how do you programme for that in a game lol.
And yet people compare Mario to Etto in 2010. Yes Etto deffended but it's not even close to what Mario has been doing. At times it makes me think he is on steroids or something.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Couldnt said it better. Really how the $#@! we are playing like has left me flabbergasted for 4 months straight, especially the past 2 months where our technical level and understanding has shot up big time.

On the old cm, like really old cm from 2004 or older, I'd play mandzu as lwb with sandro as lb and then drag arrow for mandzu all the way to lwf.

Afaik neither pes nor fifa have such ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 159)