out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
allegri has been using "hybrid" formations since the beginning of our last season winning streak. it's very flexible and for the opponents, it's quite unpredictable. we're not the flashiest team of them all, but it's not hard to see that this guy is a tactical mastermind.
Yes indeed. What I meant to say was that from the second I saw the teamsheet I thought '352'. What followed was 90 minutes of trying to figure us out. Love how we didn't look an absolute mess a-la Del Neri but instead were difficult for Monaco to predict as you say.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is a fascinating read, a coaching thesis euro Max wrote long time ago, question is why the heck did I find this link in Barca site/forum and not here :D

This is a fascinating read, a coaching thesis euro Max wrote long time ago, question is why the heck did I find this link in Barca site/forum and not here :D

Characteristics of Three Midfielders in a Three-Man Midfield - Documents

This is litterally describing how we are playing right now lol. Some of his description for number 8 in his tactic tells us speficially why he prefers Khedira starting over Marchisio too (despite the physical struggles for latter). Read part 2 midfield descriptions to get my meaning, bit from it:

One of the two must be more endowed with characteristics of a regista in such a way to be able to be a reference point for the four defenders in the offensive build-up phase. The other one, instead, has to surely be furnished with a great deal of dynamism, outstanding running ability and be a good header of the ball. At one time, players endowed with these characteristics were called cursors of the midfield.

That pretty much screams Khedira (his frequent box to box approach, plus being best runner in midfield). One of the few things he said even after Monaco is, he started Barzagli for extra heading coverage in part, because Khedira was missing and Marchisio doesnt have affinity and towering presence for it.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Allegri giving an english interview, you can see the struggle in his face but he did well

[video=twitter;859879998425059331]https://twitter.com/ViasatFotball/status/859879998425059331[/video]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 195)