out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This next two-three weeks will be the most important fundamental weeks for Allegri, I trust he'll do well but whatever the results will be I am more than happy for everything he has done this season with a difficult start and 10 new players in the squad.

The best thing that has happened since Lippi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
This next two-three weeks will be the most important fundamental weeks for Allegri, I trust he'll do well but whatever the results will be I am more than happy for everything he has done this season with a difficult start and 10 new players in the squad.

The best thing that has happened since Lippi.
He does a great job in the serie a. So unfair we play Bayern in cl. Both Bayern and juve deserve to play semi of cl.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He does a great job in the serie a. So unfair we play Bayern in cl. Both Bayern and juve deserve to play semi of cl.
It's indeed little bit unfair to play Bayern so early, Allegri's Juve are so much better than almost everyone with an exception to couple of teams I'd say.

That said, I seriously trust he'll do well.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
We paid the price for our mistake.

Nothing unfair about that.
It is bullshit that number one have to play VS numbers two. I would rather see that they throw all teamnames in one bowl and pick the two teams randomly. My point is that Bayern and juve are both way better than going out in second round.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It is bullshit that number one have to play VS numbers two. I would rather see that they throw all teamnames in one bowl and pick the two teams randomly. My point is that Bayern and juve are both way better than going out in second round.
I agree

But we should've atleast drawn against Sevilla.We botched the opportunity with our own hands and i am still annoyed when i think of that Sevilla game.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I didnt throw out any particular year, so why the history review? in general 3-5-2 sucked donkey balls in europe, a system which fit us the least, conte showed poor judgement especially against bayern..they knew what we would do before we did it..look at the goals they scored, fking rediculous for a defence like ours and they worked us on those wings in that process..i wasn't one of those people that wanted marchisio at winger...loll.. With Pirlo in there fumbling (because of the static and predictable way we played) Vidal and marchisio had to work twice as hard just to control the midfield...thst game plan against a team like Bayern was nonesense.. Nobody said we were going to win with a different set up but 352 sure as $hit wasn't the best way to go. Conte wasn't ready for Europe period although I have little doubt he will be back one day and will win it with us..he had no business even trying 3-5-2 with second rate wingers, no excuse, none.

- - - Updated - - -

So if you don't have wingers you choose to play 3-5-2? Riiiite
Yes because 3-5-2 uses wingbacks not wingers and we did have very good players for those positions. What should he have played?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yes because 3-5-2 uses wingbacks not wingers and we did have very good players for those positions. What should he have played?
How did we play 4-3-1-2 last year?

It was indicative that he (Conte) played 4-3-3 vs Real since he realized he made a mistake before. Too bad he didn't stick with that system in our other European games.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Marcello Lippi says 'I see myself in Max Allegri’ and doesn’t think he’ll go to Chelsea: “It’s difficult to leave Juventus.”

The former Juve and Italy boss reflected on the crucial win over Napoli on Saturday evening, praising the 'angry’ Simone Zaza.

“I’m friends with Allegri, I see myself in him a little from when I arrived at Juve aged 46,” Lippi said to Radio Anch’io Lo Sport.

“There’s the same concreteness and desire to do important things.

“He got onto the same wavelength as the club straight away. At Juve if you want to win something, you must try to win everything.

“Chelsea? When you’re at Juventus it’s difficult to leave.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How did we play 4-3-1-2 last year?

It was indicative that he (Conte) played 4-3-3 vs Real since he realized he made a mistake before. Too bad he didn't stick with that system in our other European games.
He is talking about the Bayern game not the season after.
1) There were no signs that "it didn't work in Europe" since it did not stop us from defeating Shakhtar, thrashing Chelsea and thrashing Celtic. It was working pretty well in fact we were undefeated all the way to Bayern and put in great displays along the way.

2) We played 4-3-1-2 last season because we had 4 world class CMs and an AM (pereyra). But back then it was Pogba's first season and we had no AM at all. He was still just a sub for marchisio if you recall. Plus, Vidal was injured for our home leg so there goes your 4-3-1-2 and we did not have evra to play leftback.

Also, the attack was matri and quags if you have forgotten. No Tevez no Llorente. So very different squads. Pirlo and Vidal were the stand out stars in the squad and so it wouldnt have been very smart to push both of them out of their best positions.

3) The madrid game had marchisio as a defensive winger to neutralize their unstoppable wingers and it didnt work. It certainly was not a possible permanent formation.

4) This was his first ever CL experience for God's sake and the same applies for our entire squad with one or two exceptions.

5) We weren't even humiliated by Bayern. Their superiority was evident but we did not bend over at all. Their goals were largely flukes. Compared to how the experienced teams that face them fared we did well.

Hindsight is easy.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He is talking about the Bayern game not the season after.
1) There were no signs that "it didn't work in Europe" since it did not stop us from defeating Shakhtar, thrashing Chelsea and thrashing Celtic. It was working pretty well in fact we were undefeated all the way to Bayern and put in great displays along the way.

2) We played 4-3-1-2 last season because we had 4 world class CMs and an AM (pereyra). But back then it was Pogba's first season and we had no AM at all. He was still just a sub for marchisio if you recall. Plus, Vidal was injured for our home leg so there goes your 4-3-1-2 and we did not have evra to play leftback.

Also, the attack was matri and quags if you have forgotten. No Tevez no Llorente. So very different squads. Pirlo and Vidal were the stand out stars in the squad and so it wouldnt have been very smart to push both of them out of their best positions.

3) The madrid game had marchisio as a defensive winger to neutralize their unstoppable wingers and it didnt work. It certainly was not a possible permanent formation.

4) This was his first ever CL experience for God's sake and the same applies for our entire squad with one or two exceptions.

5) We weren't even humiliated by Bayern. Their superiority was evident but we did not bend over at all. Their goals were largely flukes. Compared to how the experienced teams that face them fared we did well.

Hindsight is easy.
1) The first game against Bayern was a pretty good sign that it simply won't work against the team that have quality wide players.

2)Eventhough we had Pereyra it was Vidal who spent majority of games at AM spot last year. And we had 3 WC mids back in 2013 and very good Pogba, who was on a verge of becoming WC even in his first season. He was extraordinary. As for LB we had Peluso and seeing how often you tend to bring up Asamoah as an argument of Sandro's purchase being redundant for the LB spot we had him as well.

So that team was definitely weaker now, was it? :wink:

3) It kinda worked, we played arguably two of our best games in Europe, but blunder from Caceres and Conte (as he instructed him where to pass) prevented us from grabbing 3 pts on home turf. In our first leg there was weak penalty call on Ramos, but even with a man down we dominated Real and were on a verge of scoring 2nd. Should have changed our tactical approach back then.

5) We didn't create a single chance in the first game, had difficulty to keep the ball and were terrorized by their heavy pressing game. It was pure embarrasment. I didn't expect us to beat Bayern, but if your team looks clueless throughout entire game, can't string few passes together something is clearly wrong with your tactical approach.

C.Martin

Jul 15, 2014
Allergi is the best coach in the world at the moment. And since the day I got to meet him at Udinese I saw that he had a great mind for football. He understood the game very well and it really shows now. Is there a better TACTICIAN than Allegri out there now? No. Allegri is probably miles ahead of everyone when it comes to tactis. He knows how every single one of his opponents plays and he adapts to them very well. There should be absolutely no problem vs. Bayern.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to catch up with him again after the Bayern leg. Thing is he's a very busy man and I really wouldn't want to bother him and talk about football when he's free...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Allergi is the best coach in the world at the moment. And since the day I got to meet him at Udinese I saw that he had a great mind for football. He understood the game very well and it really shows now. Is there a better TACTICIAN than Allegri out there now? No. Allegri is probably miles ahead of everyone when it comes to tactis. He knows how every single one of his opponents plays and he adapts to them very well. There should be absolutely no problem vs. Bayern.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to catch up with him again after the Bayern leg. Thing is he's a very busy man and I really wouldn't want to bother him and talk about football when he's free...
Tuz :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 129)