out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
If I understood correctly he promised to marry a woman at 24 and then left her at the altar :D

He left his current wife and then got back with her recently. He said he did a lot of stupid things, she forgave him and he owes a lot to her.

How do you become friends with Max? Generosity and spontaneity, he said he has never betrayed his parents, his friends and of course his kids.

When he was younger it was football, women and money. He liked gambling but never gambled on football however. He even had horses. He was given a year suspension for what I assume was betting on football but he said he never did it, that it still offends him now. Italy is a ferocious, puritan and bigoted country. Milan is dangerous, a lot of temptations, you can drown in it. Torino however is better for him, its mysterious and stern, it puts you in awe. The move was good for him.

He seems like a hella interesting dude.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And look what we found today

Sassuolo eye Bernardeschi
By Football Italia staff
Fiorentina forward Federico Bernardeschi is heading for Sassuolo, either on loan or as a permanent move.
The Italy Under-21 international missed most of this season after fracturing his ankle during a training session.
According to Tuttomercatoweb, the Viola are in negotiations with Sassuolo for the 21-year-old striker.
He only has a contract until June 2016, so if this is indeed to be a loan, he’ll have to extend the deal with Fiorentina first.
Despite making only 10 competitive appearances all season, Bernardeschi still managed three goals.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Allegri: 'Oscar a Juve wildcard'
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri gave a revealing interview about why he became a Coach, using “wildcard” Oscar and differences with Antonio Conte.

The tactician sat down with La Repubblica for a lengthy discussion of his career, starting from his family’s difficult financial situation when his father worked at the docks and his mother was a nurse.

He also confirmed that he is studying English (“though my brain is in worse condition than my legs now”) and will launch an app for Coaches describing his methods.

“I was a mediocre player and have no regrets about that. In 2000 I was at Pescara, aged 32, and in the middle of a training session the pitch suddenly looked the length of an airport runway. I decided to retire at that moment.

“A while later I reflected on all the times I argued with Coaches because I was defending my ideas of football. So I said to myself, why not try to make them happen yourself?

“The strength of a Coach is creativity and being able to deal with unpredictable events. You can prepare a game, but not predict it. I’ve been known to form a line-up on Friday afternoon and transform it on Sunday based on intuition. The best time is 7.30am, when I tend to contradict myself.

“The last time it happened was before the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid. A light went on in my head. I’ll play Sturaro and move Vidal to a more attacking wide role. They said I was mad, but I was right.

“I am very sure of myself. I say things straight, so don’t expect gratitude or empathy. I’m also good at hiding behind a lie at the right moment.”

Allegri said he’d like to bring in a trequartista for Juventus next season, naming the potential targets.

“Without Carlos Tevez and Andrea Pirlo, Juve will have to change and experiment new solutions. I’d like someone able to invent football without being banal, the wild card variable in an otherwise balanced tactical plan.

“I like Isco of Real Madrid and the Brazilian Oscar. Among the Italians, I’d say Domenico Berardi and Federico Bernardeschi.”

Juventus fans protested at Allegri’s arrival, but he has won them over and even surpassed Conte’s record in the Champions League.

“I think in terms of ambition, nothing separates me from Conte. He won three consecutive Scudetti, I want the fifth in a row. I accepted Juventus also to prove people wrong, as I have some doubters that need to reconsider their opinions.

“I find that if you spend nights studying games on TV, you lose sharpness. I just need five minutes and my staff takes care of the rest. They are paid to be better than me!”

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
How important is formation to him?

Little to none. I still have to find someone that explains to me the use of formations :D. In training we struggle to score even against training dummies, goal realisation swings between the 30 and 50 percent. :D

- - - Updated - - -

He stopped school after the 8th grade.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Spoke a lot about him growing up, being a mediocre player without regrets. He said once he was at training, when he was 32, and the pitch became long like a runway..It was then he decided to give it up. He used to argue a lot with his coaches, not because they didnt play him but rather because he had clear ideas on how to play. It was there he thought maybe I should coach. He often changes line ups based on intuition, has a plan on Friday, wakes up Sunday and changes it. He did this with Sturaro against Real, people thought he was crazy but he trusted himself.

Said without Pirlo and Tevez we need to find something different, experiment. He wants a playmaker that is never boring, that can invent, someone who can be a variable inside a balanced tactical plan. He likes Isco and Oscar, in regards to Italians he likes two young players : Berardi and Bernardeschi.
If I understood correctly he promised to marry a woman at 24 and then left her at the altar :D

He left his current wife and then got back with her recently. He said he did a lot of stupid things, she forgave him and he owes a lot to her.

How do you become friends with Max? Generosity and spontaneity, he said he has never betrayed his parents, his friends and of course his kids.

When he was younger it was football, women and money. He liked gambling but never gambled on football however. He even had horses. He was given a year suspension for what I assume was betting on football but he said he never did it, that it still offends him now. Italy is a ferocious, puritan and bigoted country. Milan is dangerous, a lot of temptations, you can drown in it. Torino however is better for him, its mysterious and stern, it puts you in awe. The move was good for him.

EuroMaxx: The Movie

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'Seedorf drove me mad'
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri denies he had a row with Andrea Pirlo at Milan, but Clarence Seedorf “drove me up the wall.”

The Coach had always been blamed by fans for pushing Pirlo away from the Rossoneri, so fireworks were expected when they worked together at Juventus.

“I never had any arguments with Pirlo,” he told La Repubblica newspaper. “The transfer to Juve revitalised him psychologically and change can be cathartic.

“That season, my third on the Rossoneri bench, Milan no longer had Alessandro Nesta, Gennaro Gattuso, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva.

“It would’ve been tough for Andrea to do well in that squad too.”

However, Allegri does admit to clashes with Seedorf, who went on to replace him on the Milan bench.

“Seedorf wanted to discuss every detail and just talk, talk, talk. He drove me up the wall. I’d say to him, Clarence, if everyone acted like you then I’d need a day with 700 hours in it.”

On the other hand, most players are a little too quiet.

“Dialogue is complicated in a locker room. You enter and almost everyone has headphones on with loud music. Nobody talks to anyone else.

“It requires authority, respect and patience. It’s not my style to underline every day that I’m in charge. I point out they are forced to listen to me not because I’m the best, but I am the oldest.

“There are talents like waves, for example Alvaro Morata and Kingsley Coman. They go up and down, so you need to keep an eye on the flow and wait for the right moment.

“Some players need to be taken by the hand and educated, like children, but from others I find collaboration, experience and character. Having said that, I prefer not to be friends with my players.”

Allegri doesn’t much get on with reporters either.

“I will admit that I become unpleasant on TV. I could happily do without post-match interviews and having to watch replays of every incident.”

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Allegri: 'Oscar a Juve wildcard'
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri gave a revealing interview about why he became a Coach, using “wildcard” Oscar and differences with Antonio Conte.

The tactician sat down with La Repubblica for a lengthy discussion of his career, starting from his family’s difficult financial situation when his father worked at the docks and his mother was a nurse.

He also confirmed that he is studying English (“though my brain is in worse condition than my legs now”) and will launch an app for Coaches describing his methods.

“I was a mediocre player and have no regrets about that. In 2000 I was at Pescara, aged 32, and in the middle of a training session the pitch suddenly looked the length of an airport runway. I decided to retire at that moment.

“A while later I reflected on all the times I argued with Coaches because I was defending my ideas of football. So I said to myself, why not try to make them happen yourself?

“The strength of a Coach is creativity and being able to deal with unpredictable events. You can prepare a game, but not predict it. I’ve been known to form a line-up on Friday afternoon and transform it on Sunday based on intuition. The best time is 7.30am, when I tend to contradict myself.

“The last time it happened was before the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid. A light went on in my head. I’ll play Sturaro and move Vidal to a more attacking wide role. They said I was mad, but I was right.

“I am very sure of myself. I say things straight, so don’t expect gratitude or empathy. I’m also good at hiding behind a lie at the right moment.”

Allegri said he’d like to bring in a trequartista for Juventus next season, naming the potential targets.

“Without Carlos Tevez and Andrea Pirlo, Juve will have to change and experiment new solutions. I’d like someone able to invent football without being banal, the wild card variable in an otherwise balanced tactical plan.

“I like Isco of Real Madrid and the Brazilian Oscar. Among the Italians, I’d say Domenico Berardi and Federico Bernardeschi.”

Juventus fans protested at Allegri’s arrival, but he has won them over and even surpassed Conte’s record in the Champions League.

“I think in terms of ambition, nothing separates me from Conte. He won three consecutive Scudetti, I want the fifth in a row. I accepted Juventus also to prove people wrong, as I have some doubters that need to reconsider their opinions.

“I find that if you spend nights studying games on TV, you lose sharpness. I just need five minutes and my staff takes care of the rest. They are paid to be better than me!”
Bow down

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Thats was when we dropped the ItalJuve project and added some key foreigners after his demands, when we have started to put performance over nationalism.
Conte demanded most of the italians we bought and went on to take over the national team.

There is nothing wrong at using Italians as long as they perform well and you can afford the best there are.
But its very wrong when you are only interested on them and overpaying for them, only becuase of their nationality and whats worse, you keep giving them chances noone else would get, only because of their nationality.
For example How many opportunities Molinaro, Motta and Bonucci, after a string of horrible performances got and how many Sorensen, Krasic and Ziegler got?
How can you compare Molinaro and Motta to Bonucci, who was our best defender this season?

Sørensen couldn't even prove himself at Bologna, what could he do for us? As far as Krasic and Ziegler goes, Krasic played nearly every game under Delneri, but it was Conte, the so called protagonist of the anti-ItalJuve project who benched him and eventually sent him to the stands. Also Ziegler was offloaded the same summer he arrived because Conte didn't like him.

I wouldnt mind if we were to buy and use Cassano over Vucinic, De Rossi over Vidal etc,
just not tolerating mediocrity only because of their nationality.
Having weak players affects the performance of our team, it was pushing us back.
It has many advantages to have a core of Italian players and Juve always took pride in that, but when a generation lacks talents in certain places, like this one does at defence, we should make exceptions, until a new batch appears, without compromising performance.
If we signed Cassano over Vucinic and De Rossi over Vidal, we would probably have one Scudetto right now instead of four. Any team would be lucky to have the likes of Bonucci, Barzagli and Chiellini and their team. Do you think the defence is Italy's weak position? Half of Europe are after Rugani and he is ours.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
That lifestyle explains the sudden inclusion of Sturaro. Growing up to trust his instincts more than not, decision of quitting footie and thinking himself into becoming a coach. even at the time bailing on his girlfriend, dick move but judging by his character he probably was wondering what life got more to offer before settling at early age and the decision may have turned out for the better.

Those seadorf comments, hate those annoying cunts personalities, sticking their nose in everyones business and suprisingly for their own interest more than helping the cause.

Good stuff. Forza Max.

Now please have a good 2nd season. Dont care whether or not half the squad is going to be changed.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
That lifestyle explains the sudden inclusion of Sturaro. Growing up to trust his instincts more than not, decision of quitting footie and thinking himself into becoming a coach. even at the time bailing on his girlfriend, dick move but judging by his character he probably was wondering what life got more to offer before settling at early age and the decision may have turned out for the better.

Those seadorf comments, hate those annoying cunts personalities, sticking their nose in everyones business and suprisingly for their own interest more than helping the cause.

Good stuff. Forza Max.

Now please have a good 2nd season. Dont care whether or not half the squad is going to be changed.
Seedorf was just doing what Allegri used to do as a player.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
From what I gathered Allegri used to argue about his own roll on the pitch? I dont know details of seadorfs and his discussion, but you get an idea when he ended up as allegri's succesor?

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Spoke a lot about him growing up, being a mediocre player without regrets. He said once he was at training, when he was 32, and the pitch became long like a runway..It was then he decided to give it up. He used to argue a lot with his coaches, not because they didnt play him but rather because he had clear ideas on how to play. It was there he thought maybe I should coach. He often changes line ups based on intuition, has a plan on Friday, wakes up Sunday and changes it. He did this with Sturaro against Real, people thought he was crazy but he trusted himself.

Said without Pirlo and Tevez we need to find something different, experiment. He wants a playmaker that is never boring, that can invent, someone who can be a variable inside a balanced tactical plan. He likes Isco and Oscar, in regards to Italians he likes two young players : Berardi and Bernardeschi.

How important is formation to him?

Little to none. I still have to find someone that explains to me the use of formations :D. In training we struggle to score even against training dummies, goal realisation swings between the 30 and 50 percent. :D

- - - Updated - - -

He stopped school after the 8th grade.
Great interview!
Thanks for translation man :tup: +Rep
Refreshing straight talking mofo, could seriously listen/read to him talk about footie and his ideas for days if it was possible :D
:D No Doubt

Good stuff. Forza Max.

:agree:
Forza Mister!!
I like him more after that interview. :D
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 631)

• JCK