out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
7000 years from now, perhaps our great, great, great, great, great, great, ................. grandchildren will still be talking about this night.

- - - Updated - - -

I really do not understand how Simeone gets paid that much. He's certainly not better than Ancelotti or Pep. And Atletico haven't really been playing scintillating football and winning every trophy in sight.

- - - Updated - - -
They know he is good and they probably won’t find someone as good if he leaves so they’re not taking any risks. They’d have to pay more to convince pep or Klopp or ancelotti to work for them

Also they could halve his salary and get someone bad, the savings will be a drop in the ocean compared to a good player’s salary who doesn’t perform due to bad coaching.

coaches are one area where you don’t want to penny pinch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Simeone has been there since 2012. He could've easily moved on to a bigger club with a bigger budget. The fact that in this day and age a coach has been at one club for so long is an achievement in itself. Maybe it's the money that keeps him going every year. I don't know if he gets paid 34M a year but there were multiple reports of him being among the top 3 highest paid coaches in the world.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Simeone has been there since 2012. He could've easily moved on to a bigger club with a bigger budget. The fact that in this day and age a coach has been at one club for so long is an achievement in itself. Maybe it's the money that keeps him going every year. I don't know if he gets paid 34M a year but there were multiple reports of him being among the top 3 highest paid coaches in the world.

Simeone deserves to incentived with huge pay. He is the defacto rare Sir Fergie or Wenger of this era. A coach so crucial he redefines a club. But even more impressive in his case because he took them from historically dissapointing mid table club. They were called pathetico madrid before he arrived due shockingly huge losses (despite having the best strikers in the sport).

He is basically the sole reason they became a top club. Because they still have the same clown owner. He just arrived and became a culture builder that made them a tough noised competitive top team that been on par with Real and Barca more then they should been. Has had down years now and then (like recently), but aslong as he is there they are a feared annoying ambitious team to face.

In Vieri, Falcao, Aguero, Forlan, Torres days, they were genuinely seen as a club that you go to score alot against and have some fun with.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I really do not understand how Simeone gets paid that much. He's certainly not better than Ancelotti or Pep. And Atletico haven't really been playing scintillating football and winning every trophy in sight.
i think of it this way. simone won 2 league titles in la liga in a ronaldo and messi dominated era. that's crazy anyway u look at it.

then he has won europa league twice. and reached two cl finals, same as allegri. but unlike allegri his teams were not embarrssed in CL finals.

his CL run alone deserves him higher salary than allegri and others.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
i think of it this way. simone won 2 league titles in la liga in a ronaldo and messi dominated era. that's crazy anyway u look at it.

then he has won europa league twice. and reached two cl finals, same as allegri. but unlike allegri his teams were not embarrssed in CL finals.

Allegro once upon a time was in the same conversation as top tier coaches like Klopp, Simeone, Pep etc

As time has gone by, he's well and truly a tier below these coaches.

Allegro is yet to hit 60 but talks and thinks like a demented 70+ yr old.

Kevster

Feb 9, 2024
Allegro once upon a time was in the same conversation as top tier coaches like Klopp, Simeone, Pep etc

As time has gone by, he's well and truly a tier below these coaches.

Allegro is yet to hit 60 but talks and thinks like a demented 70+ yr old.
2014-2015 UCL knockouts was the best version of Allegri

marchisio as the dm with pogba and vidal flanking was just a top tier counter attacking midfield

I never really bought into the 2016/2017 hype

Mandzukic as winger was never a permanent fix, and we needed a third great cm apart from an injured marchisio, pjanic, and khedira to really had challenged real in the final.

Also allegri benching cuadrado for barzagli was just not a smart move..

apart from that
the bayern humilation at home in 2016
the madrid and spurs performances in 2018

do him no favors for his tactical reputation in my books. fatal errors committed on those european nights

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018

You're right but $34 million?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We have seen in the past Italian sports journalists struggle to differentiate with gross vs net salary. Maybe it's €17m gross but they assumed it's net and multiplied by 2 to get an incorrect estimate of gross salary.
no, it's 22m net or something in that ballpark. it's crazy indeed

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

We didn't get embarrassed against Barcelona.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Those CL finals and Europa League wins happened before Allegri’s first stint here ended. His teams have massively underperformed in recent years.

You don’t see the hypocrisy of your own arguments? I guess not. Because you start of with a conclusion and then twist facts to fit your narrative.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So called throaters:

Allegri 1.0: amazing
Allegri 2.0: sucks ass

Haters:
Allegri was always terrible.
More like:

So called throaters:

Allegri 1.0: amazing
Allegri 2.0: amazing and fuck errybody for not wanting him back
Allegri 2.1: amazing
Allegri 2.2: amazing
Allegri 2.3: just give him a chance but still fuck you for not wanting him back
Allegri 2.4: give him a chance he used to be amazeballs
Allegri 2.5: ok he lost to Maccabi but he still used to be amazeballs
Allegri 2.6: ok we suck for the third year in a row but he is still a legend
Allegri 2.7: We never defended him at all but he was/is still amazing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 128)