out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck Cunte - we should stop this obsession with revisiting the past. After all, it's a big part of the problem now. I mean, look at it where it got us - absolutely nowhere.

Zidane is a dream, but he'd need a squad of quality WC players, or at least potential WC players - there's a dearth of those at the moment @ JJ - one look at our limp dick midfield makes that very evident (although I have high hopes for Alcaraz).

Motta seems like the logical choice - he can develop the young players we have, and his philosophy seems to align with Guintoli's.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Bologna are only 6 pts behind us :shifty: (two games in hand tho)

- - - Updated - - -

If we get someone like Motta, it can't be a 1 year project like the winemaker.

If someone as horribly washed up as Allegro gets 3 years, he would need a couple of years at least.

It's a tricky situation to get a young coach but as long as we are building something with him, I guess we should be okay.

This league is not like the EPL where we'd have to compete with oil sharks. Even a team as bad as the current squad should make top 4 easily with an inexperienced coach.

Last edited:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
How about getting a coach who has somewhat of a resume?

1708769341354.png

What is this?

As if letting go of the biggest fraud in the history of football coaching, forces us to go with a complete joker?

Im not necessarily against Motta, I think what he is doing with Bologna looks promising and Im sure he would do much better than the fraud. But we should at least attempt to get a coach who has coached 1-2 top teams in either England, Spain or Germany. Preferably not an Italian, thanks.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Bologna are only 6 pts behind us :shifty: (two games in hand tho)
let's not forget that we still play them at bologna and that we drew them at home, so an eventual loss at bologna would put them in a better position if the two teams finished the season on equal points

i really hope we get our shit together. i don't want to rely on the extra 1 cl spot for the best 2 leagues

then again it would mean that allegri didn't achieve top4 so might be some legal ground to give him the axe. but i can't root against juve so there's that. and while we don't have a scudetto worthy squad, we still should finish above bologna lol

Aug 27, 2023

1708769341354.png

What is this?

As if letting go of the biggest fraud in the history of football coaching, forces us to go with a complete joker?

Im not necessarily against Motta, I think what he is doing with Bologna looks promising and Im sure he would do much better than the fraud. But we should at least attempt to get a coach who has coached 1-2 top teams in either England, Spain or Germany. Preferably not an Italian, thanks.
Mourinho is free:snoop:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

1708769341354.png

What is this?

Lets not dig out dynosaurs... If Allegri leaves, Id hope we go for younger up and coming coach like Palladino, Motta.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022

1708769341354.png

What is this?

Tuchel it is!

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020

1708769341354.png

What is this?

The problem is they would demand big salary. We don't want to risk end up making another allegri.
Pointing a coach is still hit and miss situation that you'll never know if he will be succeed or not unless it happens.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
The timing and situation is important. After Pirlo, Conte would be perfect to rebuild for these 3 seasons gone. When we got Ronaldo, Ancelotti would be perfect for that one assault on the CL, not Sarri. Right now we've regressed a lot with Allegri so Zidane would be a waste, give him a CL competing team, but I can't see him revolutionising us until he gets a proper squad.

As much as Allegri is an arse, the likes of De Zerbi will register fewer points, but Motta seems like someone who gets a lot out of mediocre players. Tudor I don't know because I've never watched his teams. Maresca I saw get schooled by Michael Carrick a few days ago. The right choice needs to be made, not the most expensive one nor the most daring or Hollywood choice.

Aug 2, 2005
The timing and situation is important. After Pirlo, Conte would be perfect to rebuild for these 3 seasons gone. When we got Ronaldo, Ancelotti would be perfect for that one assault on the CL, not Sarri. Right now we've regressed a lot with Allegri so Zidane would be a waste, give him a CL competing team, but I can't see him revolutionising us until he gets a proper squad.

As much as Allegri is an arse, the likes of De Zerbi will register fewer points, but Motta seems like someone who gets a lot out of mediocre players. Tudor I don't know because I've never watched his teams. Maresca I saw get schooled by Michael Carrick a few days ago. The right choice needs to be made, not the most expensive one nor the most daring or Hollywood choice.
Then continue with Allegri
Or Conte it is

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Lets not dig out dynosaurs... If Allegri leaves, Id hope we go for younger up and coming coach like Palladino, Motta.
So there is only Motta with no CV, or someone past it like Mourinho? Nothing in between? The coaching market is a tough one then..

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is they would demand big salary. We don't want to risk end up making another allegri.
Pointing a coach is still hit and miss situation that you'll never know if he will be succeed or not unless it happens.
Yeah but as we know how it feels to be set back 3 decades by a fraud, we better make a good choice and invest what it takes to get a coach with the odds in his favor. Getting a coach who can build a system and train players for it slowly, is more important than saving 10M and spending it on a random striker and play him as a wingback.
Someone who has shown a successful and modern approach in CL at least. Someone who can get rid of kneehammers and other archaic italian school training instruments.

Last edited:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
High salary aside, getting a high profile coach would also mean significant investment in the market which JJ is incapable of doing at this point.

We are in the same situation when we finished 7th a dozen years ago. Both from a financial and sporting perspective.

Instead of having to watch a washed up coach doing the bare minimum on 7M net, I'd rather take a chance on a young up and comer who could at worst, do the same bare minimum job at 2.5/3M net. It's a high risk/reward situation.

While Motta is not creating waves like Xabi Alonso for example, he is a pretty popular name among young coaches. Likes of Milan and Barca are linked with him. And you will have to admit getting a bottom mid-table team like Bologna to challenge for CL places is a pretty impressive feat.

Enough of hiring 'safe' dinosaurs.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Max Allegri :

"When I came back, we started a project, and we're continuing the required work . It's normal that when you're here, you have to try to win but patience is needed. We all have this ambition and we all give our best, but there are also respect for opponents."

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
Max Allegri :

"When I came back, we started a project, and we're continuing the required work . It's normal that when you're here, you have to try to win but patience is needed. We all have this ambition and we all give our best, but there are also respect for opponents."
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 26, Guests: 131)